shape
carat
color
clarity

I love my new setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy right now that I could totally burst.

Earlier this year, I reset my .51ct RB (D SI2) from its original YG four-prong Tiffany style setting to a palladium six-prong setting. And something really bothered me about it. Thinking that shrinkage may have set in since discovering PS, I considered haloing, bezeling or three-stoning. Finally, I figured out what was bothering me.

I did not like the six-prong setting.

My RB spent its first 11 years with me set in a YG four-prong Tiffany style setting. And I always loved how all I saw was the clear, white sparkle of my stone. But seeing the prongs at 12:00 and 6:00 really bothered me. And from the side, all I saw was metal. My gorgeous RB had been taken over by metal. I missed how it looked with only four prongs. The four-prong setting really let my little guy shine. While I knew that six-prongs provide more security, my RB was in a four-prong setting for over 10 years without any problems. After thinking it over, I decided to find another palladium setting with four-prongs.

It arrived this morning... and it is gorgeous. I am so happy.

After considering many options, I decided to go with a setting by Knox Jewelers. Brian Knox was wonderful to work with and I would not hesitate to do so again. He answered all of my emails promptly and must sit right by the telephone because he was always available to speak with me when I called. The setting is a variation on Knox's Pave Petie setting. The ring and I had a short photo shoot this morning, so I just had to share... :)

jmhsnewsetting.JPG

griffiam

Rough_Rock
Very pretty! I''m so happy for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!! Congrats on your re-set! I agree that the folks that knox are great to work with, they are so nice and prompt!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh Jools. I love it and have to agree I like 4 prongs way better
3.gif
. I''m so glad you are happy with your setting. It is just beautiful!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I almost forgot... here is the six-prong palladium setting. I had Knox set one of my loose sapphires in it. I ended up with two rings!

sapphsol.JPG

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Icing! Sapphire icing on the cake! Love it too
2.gif
! What a great idea...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I was at Knox a few weeks ago and they were super nice with great pieces!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful, I love your new setting...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s a WOW!!! Love it!! I am hearing lots of great things about Brian Knox, good to know!! Enjoy your new setting!!!
30.gif
30.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah Joolskie! Now that you have your very own jewelery **** back, we might never see you again
28.gif
. It''s really lovely...enjoy it!!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
LOL Surfgirl!!! Now I have bunch of my own photos to add to the **** (aka Jewelery Pix) folder on my desktop. LOL!!!

Thanks for the comments everyone. I can''t stop staring at my ring...

9.gif

TWiNKfly

Rough_Rock
I think we might be ring twins (or close to it!)
It looks gorgeous on you.... I LOVE the setting too! I bet it makes it feel like a whole new diamond
26.gif

Cosmogrrl

Rough_Rock
I admire your new setting!!! It is really BEAUTIFUL!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both beautiful! I have always liked 4 prongs better myself. Brian Knox does a fantastic job. Congratulations.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the new setting-it looks great! The pave looks so delicate and really makes your diamond pop! It''s beautiful!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely, and I''ll tell you what, I really like the sapphire in your previous setting. They are both wonderful!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Joolskie--I just looked at that on Knox site today!! And you''re right, Brian must have that phone grafted to his hand because he answers the phone in about a second.

Your ring is soooooooooo lovely!! Your ring, the WF legato with micropave and maybe a Vatche are on my short list. I would love more hand pictures with the basket prominantly featured, pretty please? Any musings about the ring in general that might help me decide?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results