shape
carat
color
clarity

I joined the CvB fan wagon - my forever "Anna" halo ring :)

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
So, I've had this ring on for months now, and decided to start a dedicated thread to it.

I'm ecstatic that CvB has become a loved and trusted PS-approved vendor. She is amazing, **edited by moderator, please follow our policies** I should've done this earlier, and after reading how popular the ring has become on her Facebook page, how could I not share?!

My backstory to my ring saga: in summary, it has driven my husband crazy. If you've read enough, scroll down for the goods (i.e., pictures)!
I got engaged with a 1.91ct OEC in a basket solitaire, wore it happily for about 5 months before I had the DSS itch and felt like the setting was too bulky for the stone. Bless his heart, I was lucky enough to upgrade to a lovely 2.49ct OEC from JbEG and I put it in what I thought would a permanent solitaire basket setting with a smaller width than my previous ring. Here is the "before" solitaire:
img_5761.jpg
_15309.jpg
img_3217.jpg

I chose a wedding band that I thought was unique and added some sparkle to compliment my solitaire, and we married in April 2014. Around September, I had a new itch: to spice up my setting but had no idea what I wanted. I was stalking PS like mad trying to get inspiration. I knew I wanted something unique and antique-inspired, and I started lurking around Caysie's Etsy page. At the time she didn't have many full diamond ring projects, mostly bands and gemstone rings. But I loved her vision and her designs.

I contacted her in October and never looked back. My husband saw her designs and gave the green light with a strict budget, which Caysie was very respectful about. I hummed and hawed over halo vs no halo, and told her that I was looking for something unique, that complimented my wedding band, and had a gorgeous profile. Based on this, she produced a sketch (I have no idea how from just giving her vague requests), and I was sold. I can't emphasize how cool, communicative, and creative this woman is. She is so much fun to work with too. We exchanged messages multiple times per day, mostly due to my OCD and neurosis, and she STILL trusted to give me her cell phone number so I could ask her questions at all stupid hours of the day.

She felt like a friend more than a vendor, and she was encouraging me to be detail oriented, scrutinize the CADs, and took all my design thoughts into consideration. After a few final touches and CAD rounds, I received the final product in December, and it was a dream. She came through on every single detail, and every guarantee she made from the perfect milgrain, delicate halo, sculpted claw prongs came through. I was even sort of sad that the project was done because talking with her was so much fun.

First images: her sketches, UNREAL. I mean, look at the detail! This was when I knew that she was the real deal and I was in great hands. Her design perfectly complimented my wedding band.
icm_fullxfull_43.jpg
icm_fullxfull_42.jpg
icm_fullxfull_44.jpg

From the sketches to the final product, I added tapered pave shoulders, and without further ado, THE FINAL AMAZING "Anna" Halo RING!
First, her pictures, cuz they are waaaaay better than mine:
**edited by moderator, please comply with policies regarding vendor photos**

And some of my own with the use of an iPhone, so apologies for no micro shots :)
img_7258.jpg
img_7257.jpg
img_7256.jpg
img_7255.jpg

My pictures do not do it justice at all, but it's perfect in every way, and compliments my wedding ring like peanut butter and jelly; I really couldn't be happier, and thanks to Caysie, I have my perfect ring.

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Re: I joined the CvB fan wagon - my forever "Anna" halo ring

Wow just wow! Absolutely perfect in every way :love:

staci76

Brilliant_Rock

I second Candygrl...WOW!! This turned out absolutely perfect and it looks gorgeous with your wedding band as well. Truly stunning. :love: :love: :love:

Eauphelia

Rough_Rock

I am going to third all the "WOW"'s. That is an incredibly beautiful ring!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

This is insanely beautiful!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It's very beautiful :love: :appl:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Absolutely love it! Finding a designer with such creativity who really understands your needs is rare. Adore it! Can you kindly tell me the colour of your centre diamond?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

I have drooled over these pics many times on Caysie's Page. I agree and understand on everything you said - amazing, fun and fulfilling to work with her! Congrats on finally achieving the perfect balance of big, beautiful but yet delicate and unique.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

I absolutely love this setting for your diamond, it looks perfect! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG I am in LOVE with your Caysie setting!!! So much so that I am now wondering (me a solitaire girl!) how my OEC would look in this setting. GORGEOUS!!! :love: :love: :love:

And it is perfect with your WB!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The ring is a perfect match for your wedding band! That being said, the ring itself is just superb - it's beautiful! I love how the halo gives just the right amount of pizzazz to your stone without being a typical round halo. It just flows so well with your band and the side view of the ring is simply gorgeous!

Congrats on having a ring that you love - many strive to achieve this and you've done it in high style!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is probably the prettiest e ring I've seen her make to date. She's been making more where you can see the inner millgrain partpart (I've sure you've seen) but I love how your stone covers that part up.

This is absolutely stunning and in a sea ofof round halos, its the first I've seen in a long time that really made me take notice.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a lovely ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock

Your ring is beautiful!
Congrats!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

It is gorgeous! I especially love the basket...it's perfect in every way!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Your new setting is just exquisite and it really shows off your lovely stone. The engagement ring compliments your wedding band and they look perfect together on your hand. CVB did a great job, no wonder you are delighted with them.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats I love all of the detail in the setting it's a beautiful design and a beautiful ring!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Well done!

IT looks amazing!

enjoy! :appl: :appl:

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

:love: :clap: :dance: :appl: :naughty: :mrgreen:

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock

Perfect!! :love:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Your ring is so beautiful, romantic, stunning and everything gorgeous! :love:

drk14

Brilliant_Rock

sweetpea&babycorn|1425273881|3840584 said:
I was even sort of sad that the project was done because talking with her was so much fun.
I can second this, lol! After working intensely on a project with Caysie, CVBWS (CvB Withdrawal Syndrome) is definitely a risk! :mrgreen:

Your ring turned out great, I remember seeing the CADs and finished ring on Caysie's Facebook while my project was underway. Adding the shoulder pave was definitely a brilliant move. And I can barely believe the precision of that triple row of millegrain around the halo rim.

Congrats, and wear in good health!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

LOLOL! I can relate and had to start an earring project to remedy that :naughty:

libramom

Shiny_Rock

I remember seeing this on CVB's FB page...absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats she is a beauty!!

LM

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OK, this ring is going straight into my Inspiration folder! It is absolutely incredible. I love that it represents the happy medium between a solitaire and halo -- it's equally both at the same time, without being "too much" one or the other. As someone who waffles constantly between halos and solitaires, and since I've also lusted after octagonal settings for pretty much my entire adult life, this design is perfect!!!

Thank you so much for sharing. Congratulations and enjoy this beautiful diamond and setting!!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

S T U N N I N G!!! It's absolutely amazing!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So that beauty is YOURS!!! :love: I loved it the moment I saw it, and the name is very special to me, as well! We have to see more close ups!!! I think the moderator probably requires that you get rid of the vendor name on the vendor pics if you want to post those. I love seeing the real life shots, too, though, because it shows how delicate that halo is! Thank you for sharing this and I will be checking back for more pics! I will have to agree with you about Caysie...such a delight to work with and so very gifted in jewelry design (and has a great team)!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I want! I want! I want! :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have some pictures saved that I saw online. Is this yours?

cvbanna1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results