shape
carat
color
clarity

I have it narrowed down to 2 settings - help me pick! Ritani vs Scott Kay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Alrighty. The saga of my reset is coming to a close... For those of you that have been following my drama, thank you for all of your input. For those of you that haven''t, basically I had a custom reset job go bad and have been hunting for a new solitaire setting. I have it narrowed down to 2 and would love your opinions. The Scott Kay is on the left. The Ritani is on the right. The Scott Kay is $310 more than the Ritani. I''m leaning towards the Scott Kay, but am undecided. The $310 could go towards a blingier wedding band
2.gif

Which do you prefer? Why? Thanks to anyone that cares to comment!

ScottKayorRitani.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I vote the Ritani. I like the solid band and the swoop of the prongs.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Geckodani,

Oooh, I''m glad to hear your solitaire hunt is coming to a close. You must be so relieved!!!
36.gif

I think both choices are lovely and are fairly similar but if I had to choose, it would be the one on the left, the Scott Kay. I just like the lines of that design better and I like the prongs more. I do like how the Ritani''s shank curves into the head but I''m not loving the prongs.

Whatever you decide, I''m sure it''ll be beautiful and I can''t wait to see it!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are beautiful! (and fairly similar, so i am sure you''ll love either)

But I prefer the Ritani...don''t really know why, but particularly from the top view looking down i like the lines of that one better. I vote Ritani + blingy-er band
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
You can''t go wrong with either. They''re both fabulous. That being said, I like the Ritani just a pinch more, and the fact that it allows more money for a blingier wedding band completely sells me.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I vote ritani! I like the flow of the lines just a tad better. But their both beauties!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Ritani because I like the solid shank better than the cathedral-type shank on the Scott Kay, but both of them are beautiful! I love the double prongs!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The one on the right, the one on the left doesn't flow as well.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 12:30:19 PM
Author: Skippy123
The one on the right, the one on the left doesn''t flow as well.
Ditto. I love the one on the right.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the Ritani.
I like the band better than the Scott Kay and the prongs too.
But go with you heart for sure.
Good luck looking forward to pics!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! Geckodani, looks like we''re the only ones who like the Scott Kay!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 12:46:02 PM
Author: panda08
LOL! Geckodani, looks like we're the only ones who like the Scott Kay!
I know - it's cracking me up, LOL!

I do like the flow of the Ritani better, but I like the profile on the Scott Kay. Meh. The Ritani band tapers more though, which my .75 would probably appreciate.
2.gif

ETA: DH said the Scott Kay, "Looks like 2 swords are holding up the diamond."
20.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 164px">Date: 9/16/2008 12:49:56 PM
Author: geckodani

I know - it''s cracking me up, LOL!

I do like the flow of the Ritani better, but I like the profile on the Scott Kay. Meh. The Ritani band tapers more though, which my .75 would probably appreciate.
2.gif

ETA: DH said the Scott Kay, ''Looks like 2 swords are holding up the diamond.''
20.gif
That''s what i liked about it too!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
I definitely like the Ritani better. The Scott Kay looks like nothing unique. The Ritani is wonderfully classic yet at the same time has its own uniqueness because of the curves it has in the band near the setting and the curves in the prongs. Love the surprise diamond too!

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the one on the right (Ritani?) I like the angle at which it narrows toward the stone - it really accentuates the stone.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think we may have a winner! I'm going to see if I can find someone local that has it so I can see it in person before I get it from Pearlman's, but I think the Ritani wins....

My incredibly indulgent husband says, "It's very similar from the top view, which is what I was most impressed with on the Scott Kay. Looks like a definite possibility. :)"

I heart him.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 1:11:43 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I love the solid band of the ritani and the head and diamond placement of the scott kay. i love how the band of the ritani has a bit of a curve & angle.. maybe whiteflash could make it!!!!!!!!
I''m going to have Whiteflash make my band for me.
9.gif
WF is charging a bit more for palladium right now than other places, Ritani included (go figure).

I think.... I think we have a winner.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

I like the Scott Kay as well!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I think a band will sit nicer beside the Ritani, too. I know that was an early concern of yours. Good luck. I know it will turn out beautifully with all the work you''ve put into this!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

I love the Ritani!

It`s going to be lovely!!

Can`t wait to see the final froduct!!!

Cachette
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 1:17:11 PM
Author: Upgradable
I think a band will sit nicer beside the Ritani, too. I know that was an early concern of yours. Good luck. I know it will turn out beautifully with all the work you''ve put into this!
Thanks Upgradable!
1.gif

Violet - I''m planning on having WF make me something like Shimmer''s wedding band, but in Palladium.
9.gif
Here''s shimmer''s (thanks shimmer!).

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
ritani! it looks more graceful to me....love the slender taper, and the double prongs are gorgeous. good luck!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
oops...i''m a bit late, sorry. didn''t read all the way down. LOVE the band, and can''t wait to see pics!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Both are very nice. I have tried on that exact Scott Kay and really loved it. The only negative on the Scott Kay was the formation of the double prongs. They were not as perfect as I hoped for. However, that ring is very, very pretty on the hand. I loved the very subtle knife edge on the shank.

I have never seen that Ritani in person but it is very beautiful too in the picture. Given the slightly wonky prongs of the Scott Kay, I might take the Ritani.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2008 1:20:25 PM
Author: geckodani

Date: 9/16/2008 1:17:11 PM
Author: Upgradable
Thanks Upgradable!
1.gif

Violet - I''m planning on having WF make me something like Shimmer''s wedding band, but in Palladium.
9.gif
Here''s shimmer''s (thanks shimmer!).
That''s beautiful and i think it will look excellent with that solitaire - can''t wait to see!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results