shape
carat
color
clarity

I have it narrowed down to 2 settings - help me pick! Ritani vs Scott Kay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 4:07:32 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
I think the Ritani looks weird and bulky to me...it looks almost unfinished the way the head meets the band. I dunno. I really prefer the Scott Kay, and I know that was the one you originally loved. I''d go with that :)
Yes.... but I hadn''t seen the Ritani yet, LOL!

No worries, I''m going to go- and STARE at them, examining from every angle, and then go with my gut.
9.gif
NOT messing up again!!!

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
I'm super late to this thread...but I vote Ritani. Because that is what I have - only single prongs and no hidden diamond..But I do love it. Does the Scott Kay sit flush? The Ritani definitely does!
Good luck looking at them side by side! I love the thin band of my Ritani!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
A big thank you to everyone that gave their input.
slider_grouphugg.gif
I was FINALLY able to see them in real life, side by side today.

And the winner is..... Scott Kay!!!!
cheerleader1.gif

I wanted to love the Ritani. I really did. It was cheaper. The prongs are swoopier. But when I saw it in person it just looked - not graceful. The diamond looked like it was all hunched up in the setting, like it was hiding. The Scott Kay was just so much more graceful looking in person. So - all I have to do now is call Julian at Pearlmans and order it! Thank god! I finally made a decision!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! How long do you think it will take to get the finished ring?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 8:56:16 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Congratulations! How long do you think it will take to get the finished ring?
Thanks! Julian said it usually takes about 3 weeks for the settings to come in from Scott Kay, but I haven''t talked to him since the initial quote. Hopefully I''ll have it within a month.
9.gif
I''m just glad to have made a decision, LOL.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You absolutely can''t make yourself love something you just don''t love....i am so happy you are in L
30.gif
VE with your new setting!
36.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m soooo happy for you!!! Now you know!!! You''ll never wonder again if one would have been better than the other. After all you''ve been through with this ring you can now really take satisfaction with wearing it every day!!

I''m sure Julian will be happy to get that setting out to you asap, he''s now done with my project. He sent me the tracking number yesterday!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks violet and Upgradable! I am so happy with my decision and can''t wait to get my ring back!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Scott Kay

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I would have to say the Scott Kay, I too love the swoopiness of the shank of the right, but the profile of the Scott Kay is nicer. Sorry to be less than helpful
40.gif

ETA - just read on and realised my opinion came very late in the deal, so I am glad I picked the right one!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
YAY! I really liked the Ritani, but you have to go with what makes your heart sing! Congrats! I can''t wait to see the pics when you get it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LOL Tuckins and Honey - thanks for weighing in! And on the winner nonetheless!
2.gif

Jelly - I just wasn''t feeling the Ritani. It just looked.... stumpy, I guess, when compared to the SKay, LOL!

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I''m so glad you finally found what you wanted and I hope you''ll be very happy with your new ring!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2008 8:02:04 PM
Author: geckodani
slider_grouphugg.gif

cheerleader1.gif

I wanted to love the Ritani. I really did. It was cheaper. The prongs are swoopier. But when I saw it in person it just looked - not graceful. The diamond looked like it was all hunched up in the setting, like it was hiding. The Scott Kay was just so much more graceful looking in person. So - all I have to do now is call Julian at Pearlmans and order it! Thank god! I finally made a decision!!!

For once I am glad that I was late to this thread to post my input. YOu have been so patient with your choice that it only makes sense that you compare both styles side by side and in person. The SCOTT KAY sounds like a real winner. It is good to know that Pearlmans can get it to you for a nice price. I also like the band you chose. It will be beautiful together....but that thread may be reserved for the future! NOW go and order that ring! You have been patient long enough!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 9:55:44 AM
Author: cushioncutnut

Date: 9/24/2008 8:02:04 PM
Author: geckodani
slider_grouphugg.gif

cheerleader1.gif

For once I am glad that I was late to this thread to post my input. YOu have been so patient with your choice that it only makes sense that you compare both styles side by side and in person. The SCOTT KAY sounds like a real winner. It is good to know that Pearlmans can get it to you for a nice price. I also like the band you chose. It will be beautiful together....but that thread may be reserved for the future! NOW go and order that ring! You have been patient long enough!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif
LOL - It's ordered! Diamond is going in the mail tonight! Woo-hoo!

I do have to be patient for a while longer..... Estimated ship date is October 22nd. Meh. It'll be worth it.
9.gif
The band is going to have to wait, as I spent waaaaay more on the solitaire setting than anticipated - but that will be worth the wait too!
9.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Gecko! I''m glad you were able to compare both settings in person and side by side before making a decision. Now, you won''t have any doubts or regrets! I can''t wait to see pix of that beauty on your hand
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks pocahontas!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I was feeling a bit insecure about being the 1st to vote for the Scott Kay due to the overwhelming votes for the Ritani
2.gif
I''m sure you''re so relieved that your solitaire search has ended! Can''t wait to see your beautiful new ring
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 2:11:30 PM
Author: panda08
Congrats! I was feeling a bit insecure about being the 1st to vote for the Scott Kay due to the overwhelming votes for the Ritani
2.gif
I''m sure you''re so relieved that your solitaire search has ended! Can''t wait to see your beautiful new ring
1.gif
Thanks panda! The Ritani really did look totally different in person. It was odd. LOL

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I like the Scott Kay better. For some reason I think the fact that the triangle shape of the cutout echoes the shape made by the prongs is really pleasing.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I just saw this (been over in ATW) but I think you made a fabulous choice! I can''t wait to see it with your beautiful stone.
36.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Also late to the thread, but I definitely prefer the Scott Kay and think you made a fabulous choice!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sabine, Ebree and jstarfireb! I''m really excited about it.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results