shape
carat
color
clarity

I had my new Superbcert diamond put into my wedding ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
As many of you know, I bought a new stone from Barry a month or two ago. It is my Christmas gift, so I''m not going to wear the ring until then, but my husband said I could have the stone set. Our local jeweler set it for me for free.
1.gif

You all are going to have to be patient with me since I still have not figured out how to do a collage. I DID, however, figure out how to take pictures on my daughter''s digital camera and upload them to the computer.
appl.gif

This is the BEFORE picture. This original stone is a .93, J color, I-1 clarity, deep cut. (Only about 6.05mm diameter.)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
The new stone is .95c, I color, I-1 clarity, ideal cut (6.38mm diameter)...

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
It looks GREAT
love.gif
, Patty! Congrats!!! I can see the difference! I am so excited for you!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

So not even ONE little itty bitty hand shot????
naughty.gif
11.gif

Edited-I see the hand shot! Awesome
appl.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Next to my anniversary ring with the 1.35c, G, I-1 center stone:

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Patty! It looks great from my view, and I'm sure you'll get tons of pleasure looking at it and playing with it in the light over and over and over, once you get to wear it!

Enjoy!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Last one for now...but I must warn you that now that I've figured out how to do this, I may become very annoying, lol.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I lied...this is the last one...It's another BEFORE shot so you can appreciate the difference:

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Patty! It's beautiful.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I'm not usually a fan of larger rings or yellow gold, but your ring is spectacular!!! You've got great taste
love.gif

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous diamonds. I can't tell the difference between colours in the I and G.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty
Wow !!!! beautiful,congrat,don't you know christmas is in sept ?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your comments and compliments.

lop, I'm already enjoying playing with it even though I'm not wearing it yet.

Yes, vtigger, it IS Christmas in December here. I'm sticking to the not wearing it yet plan because we recently gave our girls a lecture on money and instant gratification.
9.gif

researcher, I know what you mean about not being a fan of yellow gold but I got married in 1979 so yellow gold is what almost everyone got then. I only recently have come to appreciate white gold. Now I love both!

sluke, There actually is a considerable color difference between the I and the G to my eye. The camera didn't pick it up, though.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooooohhh Im telling!!!! Thats awesome. The surprise stones rock too.
1.gif
Love your jeweler.
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous new diamond patty! i love how you can't even tell the difference between your G and new I
1.gif
and isn't the digital camera as addicting as pricescope?? take as many pics as you want as long as you post them
9.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - what a beautiful ring Patty
appl.gif
luv how bright & sparkly the new diamond looks! That's some major bling! and i luv the suprise diamonds
3.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Patty, I regret to inform you that someone has switched your new diamond...
6.gif
eek.gif

And replaced it with a VVS1 stone.
2.gif
wink2.gif

I1?????????? No way!
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jennifer! Here is another one through the loupe. I can barely make out the inclusions with my loupe. My jeweler thought the I-1 grading was harsh.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Patty, I am trolling Barry's site for more "I1s" for earrings...If I hit it just right (two, I-J, SI2-I1s, 80-90 pts each) I might go nuts and get them. I really liked Barry and would buy from him. Shhhh!
11.gif
2.gif
3.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Patty, that looks great! And shhh about those I1s. They're our little secret. We don't want Jennifer buying them up on us do we?
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
The SI2 ering did it for me, noobie...And now this "I1"???
I'm allover it. Consider yourself warned.
2.gif
3.gif
1.gif

Just think-- more diamonds, sparklier diamonds, becasue of cost-efficiencies due to something no one can see--a clarity grade on a paper that translates to nothing for the eye.
appl.gif

Eureka!
3.gif
wink2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, noobie, she's onto it already.
sad.gif

A funny thing about these I-1s. When I first got my 1.35 stone, I could not see the inclusion. Then I thought I could see it and I noticed that it "moved" around the stone when I moved the stone to different angles. Well, now that I have another ideal cut stone, I realize that I was observing the little culet circle in the middle of the stone, not the inclusion! I do see the inclusion in some rare lighting...like backlighting...but for the most part I don't see it. And I don't see anything in the .95 except sparkle!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Guaranteed, Patty, that you *see* it only becasue you know it's there somewhere... I have a well-cut SI2 that several people have asked "is it flawless" Flawless? In a well cut RB, all you get is sparkle 99.9% of the time...especially if the clarity grade is tight.

Just fabulous!
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results