shape
carat
color
clarity

I GOT THE RING! .55 D/IF in G&A tension setting!!!! Wheeeeeee!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 1:21:19 AM
Author: KristyDarling
What an artistic, architectural ring!!! Very COOL!
36.gif
I like it when people go outside the mold and express themselves in creative, unique ways! CONGRATS on your engagement! I can''t wait to see what kind of wedding you have in mind!!!

Haha! Thank you:) I love creative things like this....I think I really liked it cause it looks like something I''d probably design if given the chance!
As for the wedding, well, we were going to elope but decided to have a small one on a cruise:) Maybe have the ceremony on one of the stopovers, and then the party on the ship:D I want to incorperate many traditions from different cultures (as many as I can) and as for the wedding music (down the isle) we''re not using anything traditional. We''re using ''In All The Wrong Places'' by Ulrich Schnauss....not many would know this one! But it''s just perfect!

For the wedding bouquet and cake, we''re adding seashells (ahhh, a theme!) The only really REALLY traditional thing is the dress I chose. It''s a ballgown type dress, but I found it to be kinda unique....

9.gif

dress22.jpg

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 1:28:27 AM
Author: CrownJewel
Congrats! That''s such a cool proposal!! I''m with KristyDarling, the ring IS very architectural! It''s like a mini-Richard Serra sculpture on your hand. It''s magnificent!

Haha! Thank you:) I had to look that artist up!
Found some of his more rounded scuptures, and Bryan was like, hey, it looks like a big tension ring....hehe!

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 3:49:04 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
wow it really is unique and gorgeous and modern and fantastic!! The main diamond looks very protected, but those melee diamonds the girdles are soooo exposed!!! Good thing they''re small and (relatively) cheap :D Beautiful! Amazing!

Thank you! And no kidding about the melee! I''m so nervous about chipping them, but hey, they are replaceable (Unlike my .55! EEEK!). I wonder if they''d have to be sent back to G&A....my guess is yes! So I''d better be careful....I''m clumsy too!

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 8:04:10 AM
Author: Maisiebelle

Your ring is beautiful! I''m not surprised you love it so much!

The diamond looks very big on your finger - do you have small hands?

Maisie

Heya!
Thank you:)

My finger size is a 6 or 6.5 (depending on which hand) and my fingers are kinda long. The pictures actually make my hands look smaller and chubbier but they are not! (I have piano hands or so I''ve been told!)

I think it''s mostly the setting that makes the diamond look so big....it''s just a perfect size for this type of ring. I wouldn''t have had any bigger actually!

:)

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 5:27:36 PM
Author: lumpkin
Congratulations! What a great proposal, and the ring is so beautiful! How exciting it will be featured in an ad. Did they photograph it before your fiance picked it up or will it have to go in for a photo shoot?

Thank you!

They have already done the photos, so no need to go back in. I can''t wait to see it, I''ll have to get like, a million copies of the mag now:D
I had no idea Bryan was going to propose before it was out, so that''s funny. I was telling Jonathan from GOG that if I had to wait any longer, I was going to cut the picture out and attach it to my friggin'' finger!!!!
3.gif
31.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!! Congrats, what a wonderful proposal!

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 7:10:15 PM
Author: kcoursolle
It turned out beautifully! Congratulations starspun!! I love that setting, very unique. The side diamonds make it a little more feminine than your typical tension setting.

Heya! Thanks!

We were originally planning on getting one of the plain ones (we hadn''t seen this one yet). Diamond Brokers Of Florida had this newer design in when we went to order, and when I saw it I was just like....WOW! That''s IT!

Thankfully they had it. It''s also easy on the fingers, unlike the older designs. It''s flat in between so you can close your fingers together....PERFECT!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Amazing ring, but wow, what an amazing proposal. You sound like you have a sweet fiance, enjoy your engagement and future together!

Jeannien

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!! that diamond looks way bigger than .55.. oh and by the way the dress you chose is beautiful!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 12:27:53 PM
Author: StarSpun

Date: 1/6/2007 8:04:10 AM

Your ring is beautiful! I''m not surprised you love it so much!

The diamond looks very big on your finger - do you have small hands?

Maisie

Heya!
Thank you:)

My finger size is a 6 or 6.5 (depending on which hand) and my fingers are kinda long. The pictures actually make my hands look smaller and chubbier but they are not! (I have piano hands or so I''ve been told!)

I think it''s mostly the setting that makes the diamond look so big....it''s just a perfect size for this type of ring. I wouldn''t have had any bigger actually!

I agree. Proportion is very important in the overall design of the ring. The diamond is perfect for that setting.

WindyCitySparkle

Shiny_Rock
That''s a beautiful ring! Can we (please :) see some indoor shots?

susi

Shiny_Rock
StarSpun, that''s the most uniquely beautiful ring, I''ve ever seen
30.gif

glitterysparkle

Rough_Rock
Congrats starspun!!! Very unique ring
21.gif
Wow, kudos to your man on a creative proposal:) Yeah, I felt the same way, about the proposal totally overshadowing the ring:)I''m pretty sure I glanced at it for a second...and then showed off my new sparkly these last few weeks! Enjoy your engagement!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really hope you weren''t offended by my comment about your ring looking big - I wasn''t implying its small. Far from it - its twice the size of my E-ring!!
9.gif

I am looking to get a new one and I really want a RB but with my budget I thought I wouldn''t be able to get a decent sized stone......... After seeing yours (and your fingers appear to be about the size of mine) I am getting really excited now!!

Maisie

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement Starspun! The proposal sounds so sweet and your ring is so unique and gorgeous!

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!!!! Congrats!!!
36.gif

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 5:05:03 PM
Author: WindyCitySparkle
That''s a beautiful ring! Can we (please :) see some indoor shots?

Sure thing! I''ll take some very soon and post them here!
9.gif

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 6:04:53 PM
I really hope you weren''t offended by my comment about your ring looking big - I wasn''t implying its small. Far from it - its twice the size of my E-ring!!
9.gif

I am looking to get a new one and I really want a RB but with my budget I thought I wouldn''t be able to get a decent sized stone......... After seeing yours (and your fingers appear to be about the size of mine) I am getting really excited now!!

Maisie

No, I wasn''t offended at all! Don''t worry!
I was quite surprised how big it looked on my finger, I thought I had big hands that would make it look smaller but I was wrong apparently!

I was actually kinda glad I didn''t get any bigger (my limit was .80ct). It wouldn''t have looked so pretty and dainty as it does now....
At DBOF, there was the same ring as mine, but with a diamond of over 1ct, and mine looked way better if I may so so myself....in fact Bryan actually disliked the other one with the larger stone....go figure! I guess that''s why they used mine in their magazine ad instead of the other....something about a ''smaller'' diamond in that setting!

I think with this design, anything bigger just looks too ''clunky'' and kind of overtakes the finger.

Good luck with your search....and don''t be afraid of going smaller:) In my case I picked quality over size....and of course, I''m soooo glad I did this:)

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I got to see Star''s ring in person the other night. She, her fiance and I all went for Sushi dinner pig out.

We all ate so much - but it was good.

It looked really spectacular, and the setting of the stone in the tension ring just highlights the stone so much.

The size and style of the ring goes perfectly with Star''s hand size. The side stones really accent the ring well, and the center stone appears much larger looking than when it was unset.

Rockdoc

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you weren''t offended!
9.gif

I have been looking at around .70 ct and I will definitely go for RB. I think we will get a ''G''...... I will probably get a plain setting and upgrade in a couple of years. Yey!!!!

Maisie

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 4:52:41 PM
I''m glad you weren''t offended!
9.gif

I have been looking at around .70 ct and I will definitely go for RB. I think we will get a ''G''...... I will probably get a plain setting and upgrade in a couple of years. Yey!!!!

Maisie

Yay!
That''s awesome. I love around the .70 range....I bet you can''t wait:)

9.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love your ring!!!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Its beautiful!! I love how it is uniquely you!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I meant to ask - is your ring comfy to wear? Its such an unusual shape I just wondered how it feels. Do you wear it most of the time? I would lol - wouldn''t want to be away from it!!
9.gif

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/20/2007 5:42:00 AM
I meant to ask - is your ring comfy to wear? Its such an unusual shape I just wondered how it feels. Do you wear it most of the time? I would lol - wouldn''t want to be away from it!!
9.gif

You''re right, I don''t want to be away from it! Haha!
This specific design is actually really comfortable. With a lot of the other tension rings in this style, the band would be really long/thick at the sides, and it was impossible to close your fingers. With this one, the ring is twisted there, so that it''s flat, if that makes any sense! I can close my fingers over it completely!

I''ll get some pictures up shortly, to show ya:)

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Wow...very beautiful and uniqe ring!!! Looks like a bright stone!!!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh yey!! More pics - thats what we like!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results