shape
carat
color
clarity

I got my halo back

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
As some of you may know, I have had my Verragio halo on Jbeg for consignment for the last five months or so. I consigned it because I upgraded to my pear which I love. After dropping the price down and it still not selling my DH and I talked about what to do next. We did not want to give it away and he finally told me he would rather me keep it because the diamond was the diamond he proposed to me with. So I emailed Grace and paid my cancellation fee and in two days my ring was back.

So for the time being I am going to keep in the halo. I am currently wearing it as a RHR but wondered if it looked too engagement ring like to be a RHR. I have thought about taking the diamond and using it to make a graduating 5 stone ring in the future. I have tossed around letting it be and putting it back on my left hand with my bands and making my pear into a three stone RHR. I just do not know. Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

I also thought since I got her back I might as well take some new pictures. I also decided to show you how I wear my rings now and ask what looks best or if I should put the halo back on my left hand or leave it as a RHR.

bling 004.JPG

bling 010.JPG

bling 015.JPG

GOG Pear 024.JPG

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great as a RHR. I especially love the split shank!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lknvrb4, I'm sorry it didn't sell, but I think it's a beautiful, blingy ring!! I suspect the only reason it didn't sell is because it didn't have a GIA cert. In the future if you try again, that might help.

I think it makes a beautiful RHR! Or, you can switch off and wear both of them as e-rings, so you can have a little variety! :) :naughty: Another option could be to sell just the Verragio setting, and put the round diamond into a pendant.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome RHR.... I love that setting! :love: :love:

I also like the idea of using the pear as a RHR. I like your original set!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both rings are beautiful! Options are always great!

If you decide to use the center diamond from the halo for a pendant, you could always put a colored stone in the halo.

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
I think it look great as a RHR. I am wearing a heart shape solitaire (with diamond band) as my RHR too..

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it as is and would wear it as a RHR.

But if that's not an option here are my thoughts. Have the entire head removed and made into a pendant. It would be substantial and it would retail the design on the ring.

Otherwise you can take the diamond out of it and make it into a pendant and put a colored stone in it for your RHR and then do flanking bands on either side of it with the same colored stone. For example, a sapphire center and two sapphire and diamond bands on either side. Tsavorite, ruby/garnet/spinel, yellow sapphires... whatever you like.

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
I love both your rings exactly as they are. I wouldn't alter either of them for the sake of being a RHR, but I think either would look just fine in that capacity. Even though the pear is a solitaire, because it's a unique cut I think you could wear it as a RHR, and the halo looks fine as one two. They are both gorgeous rings!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your kind replies. I could never make it as a pendant because I wear a 1/3 ct bezel that was a push present from dh. He put it on me in the hospital and it only comes off for cleaning. I am pretty minimal with my jewelry, I do not need more than one piece. I would hate to have something sitting in a jewelry box. I know, boring for ps standards. Lol ! I think the halo will stay as a rhr until my budget permits me more options.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a perfect RHR, and also a pretty sentimental piece. I think in the long run you will be glad you have it. I am glad for you. Sometimes these things just work out for the best!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw that beautiful ring so many times on JbEG's website and wished it was in my budget (and that I didn't already have 2 halo rings, oy). I am glad that you have it back! It's so gorgeous. I think it looks perfect as RHR. Give it a few days, you'll warm up to it. :tongue:

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
I agree that it is a perfect RHR and that is definitely how I would wear it :tongue:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my! Your halo is exactly what I'd like to make my ering, if I had a magic wand that could easily add it to my current split shank. My one regret is letting the jeweler (and my pocket book) talk me out of that halo.

Anyway, your pear is gorgeous too, and I'd hate to see you change either. Enjoying the halo as a RHR is a great way to go. It will give you time to see if you really will wear it that way, or if there is another directions you'd prefer to go with it.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
My vote is to continue to keep it as a RHR. THe sparkle wow factor is huge with both on the left hand but then neither of the rings gets to be 'the centre of attention' that way!!

I'd keep wearing both, but on the 2 separate hands --- let them each have their own glory!! :twirl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got it back! it looks great as a RHR, but making the center diamond as a pendant (if you don't already have one) and plopping a colored stone would also be a gorgeous way dress that halo too! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great as a RHR also (without a change). Its really pretty!

Angie3

Shiny_Rock
Both or gorgeous! I LOVE your halo just as it is! What size is the center?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results