shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally something I love...new rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
(I was up late last night...the topic is supposed to say, I finally FOUND something I love...LOL.
20.gif
)

So I had this really good idea...I was going to buy two of these sapphire bands from Zales and have them pull one of the center stones out and put a peg head in for my emerald cut. So I go and look, and my husband doesn't like it - he wants something more blingy. They were having a really big sale, so we went over to look at some diamond wedding bands just to look. And we found two of these for 250 apiece! I took the loupe to them, and they are SI1 without any visible inclusions unless you look through the loupe from the side. And the side view? AMAZING.

My jeweler said he can't put a peg head in one of these because the space is smaller than the sapphire one. So we are going to buy a very thin solitaire setting to sit between them instead. The emerald cut (cry!) is going to be traded in for a princess cut to match these. We had to order the second one, and it will be coming in around Monday.

So without furthur ado...my ring!

newringsmallmonkeypie.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
WOW MonkeyPie - that''s really pretty! Can''t beat the price either - Nice find!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you found a ring you like even though you had to give up your emerald cut. Seems like Zales is always having a sale.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I had to hunt them down online and they list them as I1/I2. Do you think you get a better deal if you go into the store? A friend of mine is looking for wedding bands to stack her cathedral princess and I think these would be PERFECT. Your diamonds looks fabulous!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWEE, what a find!! It''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 5:54:35 PM
Author: Sizzle
I had to hunt them down online and they list them as I1/I2. Do you think you get a better deal if you go into the store? A friend of mine is looking for wedding bands to stack her cathedral princess and I think these would be PERFECT. Your diamonds looks fabulous!!

Thanks ladies! I can''t stop staring, and my hand feels so much lighter without the weight of my original e-ring.

I think you might, because I didn''t even see these on the website because I wasn''t looking for them. Plus I tend to like trying things on before ordering online, you know? And I plan to put a cathedral princess with these babies - definitly tell your friend! For being a maul store and such "low quality", they really sparkle and look amazing.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Great find! Thanks for sharing-I really like the profile
18.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful profile. I have a soft spot for bar set rings.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I see by the avatar, the other one is in. More pics! Took my friend out there to look after seeing your post. the diamonds at ours were HORRIBLE. DEFINATELY I2. You really lucked out!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I love the stacked look, your two matching bands look very happy together. You really are fortunate to have gotten nice diamonds at your Zales for such a great price, a rare find indeed!

I too stopped in to look at them at my local store and ours only stock the I1/I2''s as well, the black inclusions were visible even under the store lighting. A long time ago, before discovering PS and places to buy diamonds other than the mall, I bought a pair of diamond studs at Kays. They were selling the 1 carat total weight for a thousand dollars (a real *steal*)! They looked great under the store lights, but after I got them home I noticed the black spots. I took them back and complained, and the sales lady said it was no big deal, that the spots were just carbon. I said I wanted a different pair. She got out another pair and once out of the store lights those too had visible black inclusions. She could not find a pair that were eyeclean so I asked for my money back. After that I started doing my homework on diamonds, but when I went back to the mall and asked for the eyeclean SI1 studs at Kays and Zales, they didn''t even have them in the store! Whitehalls had them in SI2 for $3000, and theirs had only a good cut and some sort of generic little plastic card cert with a stock photo -- yikes! And this was their best quality!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results