shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally have the ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tresellas

Rough_Rock
After a year of lurking on this site, and stealing lots of ideas from the wonderful minds out there on pricescope... I finally got engaged! The picture below is with a web camera, but we just bought a new cannon for the holidays so hopefully I will get some nice clean shots up soon.

Stats:

Setting. Jaffe signature series, prong set (to look like pave) .2 ct rounds. (I actually found this setting in a post Mara made a month ago. It is exactly what we had been looking for (very thin!) and a. jaffe just helped us make it into a pear setting.

Diamond. Pear 1.04 G, VS1 table 57%, depth 62.4% polish/sym very good (GIA certficate). We purchased it from abazias about a half a year ago and have been waiting for the perfect setting. He didn't let me look at the stone once, it was torture!
wink2.gif

So thank you all for your help, although half the time you didn't know you were giving it! And I will try to get some new pics up soon!

**Edited for my poor grammar

pearjaffering.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it looks BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see more pictures of it. I love the narrow band of pave set stones...It makes the diamond look big and sets it off nicely. My wedding ring has pave set diamonds too but it's not the same style as this. The pear shape is so pretty too!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I have a real soft spot for pears. Yours in really lovely! And it looks large on your finger to boot. What is your finger size?

Congratulations on a beautiful new sparkly.

Daniela

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Best Wishes on your engagment. It truely is a lovely ring. I too, love pave!

May your future together be as bright as your new sparkly!

win

tresellas

Rough_Rock
I wear a size 4. With the thin band and my ET like fingers, as my fiance ... oh wow that sounds weird!... likes to call them! the ring looks a lot larger than its actual carat size. No complaints here!

The ring is really beautiful. I was getting worried with all the horror stories about pears (bowties, etc) but it came together perfectly and it really does sparkle. I am still having fun just taking it into different lights and playing witht he sparkles on the wall!

Thank you for the compliments!! I will get some better pictures up ASAP. I just pulled out the manual now to try to figure out what I need to do.

tresellas

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of the setting, atleast you can see it a bit better in this shot!

jaffe.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! The pear is stunning and the pave makes the whole thing very delicate! Best wishes!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow I am SO happy that I helped you find your perfect setting!! I really do love that setting. It's a great beauty and doesn't break the budget!! Plus the thin band is swoonable. The pear looks HUGE!! Really nice. So sparkly.

Congratulations!
1.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tresellas,

Regardless of your fingers being small, that is a huge looking 1.04 ct pear!!!
9.gif

Setting is awesome also!

Congratulation!!
appl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! I like pears... And yours surely looks bigger than 1.04ct...
1.gif
appl.gif

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
Ooohh I love it! I love pave, and I love pears! Sooo pretty -- and yes, it looks really big on your hand. Lucky girl!

bjd006

Rough_Rock
Hi! I have been looking for a ring like your's for some time. I have a 1.03 Pear-cut diamond, and am currently looking for a setting. My soon-to-be fiance loves the pavee bands made by Michael B. and Ritani, but I am looking to have someone make it for me. Can you please give me some advice?

Thanks,

BJay

researcher

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!!!
love.gif
What are the dimensions of your stone (LxWxD)? Is there a really noticeable bowtie? Please post more pics ASAP!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
How did i miss this one???
confused.gif
Gorgeous ring--I love fancies!
love.gif
I know patience can be a challenge (I have none, so I know) but your wait paid off! Congrats!
1.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
That really is one gorgeous ring!
love.gif
I luv that band w the pear shaped stone - fabulous choice! Congratulations!
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bjd..what sort of advice are you looking for? the MB and AJ rings are similar, MB is a pave set very thin band..about 2mm most likely and the AJ ring is about the same mm but it's tiny prong sets vs pave set.

these rings are pretty easy to replicate, I had mine styled off of MB but with prong set stones and slightly larger diameter, if you have a style of head in mind.

also the AJ band that tresellas posted here should have been much less in cost than the MB band because it's not eternity..it only goes partway around the stone. the round one of this setting in plat is about $1100.

have you contacted any jewelers locally to see if they'd make it? also whiteflash has a bench designer and does great job with custom. there is also mark morrell and leon mege but i think they tend to be busy about now...and i have heard their prices are rising. there are a few others on this board who design and create, can't recall any names right now offhand...look around and you will find some people. going custom is actually quite easy, just give the details and some pictures to the guy and let him go at it!
1.gif

good luck.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
tresellas

Lovely looking ring and I must say it looks a lot bigger than 1.04 cts!

My own ring has a very thin pave set band and my stone is a full 2cts. I wear it with an even thinner diamond bar set full wedding band. I think that they look great together.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Out of curiousity, did you learn any tricks besides the AGA charts for choosing a gorgeous pear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results