shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally asked.... and she said "YES"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boody09

Rough_Rock
I began my diamond search at the start of this year and purchased a 1.15ct princess cut diamond from Whiteflash in early April. Diamond info found HERE.

I worked with Arthurs Jewelers in Minneapolis on the setting which includes surprise diamonds and "bridged" pave wedding guards. Pics before proposal.

Finally, I proposed to my high school sweetheart (HSS) of 7.5 years. She suspected that I had the ring so I knew I had to catch her off guard and surprise her. I used an old photo album that my parents put together for my high school graduation. My HSS loves to look through the album and laugh at my childhood pics. She did so on a fairly regular basis. Sadly she was nowhere to be found within its pages even though we had been dating for two years prior to its creation (note: I am sure my parents had no intention of this since they love her dearly). I decided to add a section of photos devoted to the times that her and I have shared through our many years as boyfriend/girlfriend. At the end of this section I placed some extra special pictures: one of me on my knee with the ring-in-hand and two upclose photos of the ring. On August 12th, I pulled the photo album out so that we could laugh at the pictures of me riding around the house naked on my Playschool bike when I was 3 yrs old
3.gif
. I asked her if she ever noticed that she wasn't in any of the pictures. She said that she had but thought nothing of it. I told her that she was such an important part of my life, and I had to include her in my album. I showed her the section which I created and before I turned to the final "proposal" page, I told her that I wanted to share my life with her so that our album could continue. I turned the page and she became instantly nervous. I grabbed the ring and got down on my knee..... and she enthusiastically and tearfully said "YES."

I am excited to say that the experience will be unforgettable, and the ring was an outstanding success. Below I have included more pics (one with the ring on her hand).

Thanks to all those who were so kind in answering my questions during my diamond search. Pricescope is a wonderful place and I will be sure to share the site with friends and family.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first picture is breathtaking. Such a lovely princess, fit for a Princess. Now I can see why MMM likes Princess stones. Congratulations!
appl.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ryan,

That was a wonderful, unique way to propose and the ring is just gorgeous! It looks beautiful on her hand. I wish you both a long and happy marriage!

By the way, I love the picture of the ring inside the rose, very beautiful!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
What a great princess!
love.gif
And the rose shot is fabulous. Congrats!
1.gif

boody09

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the kind remarks. I must say that NICREZ was the inspriration for the ring-in-flower pics. Her pictures were quite beautiful as well.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful and looks quite large on her hand. Congratulations and kudos on your sweet proposal!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's beautiful!

Has she seen the wedding band/guard yet? It's really gorgeous.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Let me say that hand pics are a must and I think that flower pics should be as well.
Just lovely. Your proposal brought tears, honestly.
So sweet and romantic. Never lose that in your marriage.

Congrats to you both. And thanks for sharing.
The ring is beautiful.

boody09

Rough_Rock
Yes she has seen the pave guards/bands, and that is probably why she is so anxious to start planning the wedding
2.gif
. I think she'll be happy to wear just the engagement ring for a year or so... especially since it is such a beautiful stone. Hopefully all the pave bling won't take away from it.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
What sevens one said! I love how you proposed, and that ring looks absolutely gorgeous on her hand! Congratulations, and live a lifetime of happiness together.

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
What a knock out ~ And, if you're going to have anxiety about something, it may as well be about diamond rings, eh!?!

finerthings

Shiny_Rock
Wow, how did I miss this thread. Your stone is amazing, and looks sooo white! Nice job!
appl.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Looks beautiful on her hand! Congrats to you both
1.gif

boody09

Rough_Rock
With the mention of MMM above, I am really surprised she hasn't stopped in to admire another princess. Where is MMM?

Thanks again. Sorry I made some of you cry!
3.gif
!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...I can't believe I missed this thread!!! It is beautiful!!! Looks like you did a great job....and I love the simple setting. AND CONGRATS!!!!
appl.gif

boody09

Rough_Rock
UPDATE: It's only been 2 weeks since the engagement, and my fiancee has already planned most of the wedding (August 20th, 2005: ceremony at Leif Erickson Rose Gardens on Lake Superior and reception at Grand Superior Lodge). I'm starting to think she's been planning all along
3.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you realize that most women have it already planned and you are just the last piece of the puzzle
2.gif

Ours was planned well before he actually proposed.
1.gif

Skyblue

Rough_Rock
I know it was said earlier but I too got a little misty eyed when I read about your proposal.
1.gif
Congratulations on creating a wonderful memory with your thoughtful proposal and beautiful ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results