shape
carat
color
clarity

I don''t have anything to show yet, but I''m TRYING!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glint&glimmer

Rough_Rock
This didn''t seem like a good question to post on Rockytalky, so I''ll try here..Hope I''m not in the wrong forum... My center stone is ready and waiting....now trying to decide on that mounting thing...

I see mainly platinum with the diamonds....does anybody see yellow gold gaining popularity??? I saw some Scott Kay mountings in 19 carat, and have noticed that some of the new mountings (even Harry Winston, though that''s hardly an option
1.gif
are showing platinum with gold accents.... Jewelers, ladies, gents, what are your thoughts?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I have noticed that gold is making a "comeback;" whatever that means.
Styles change- but it comes down to what you like.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I went to a function where a lady was wearing really beautiful, large yellow gold earrings. She said that she wore them specifically because everyone was wearing white metals these days. That never made sense to me. Wear what you like, not just to be contrary, or to be in fashion. The trend these days seems to be white metals, but if you wear a lot of yellow gold in day to day life then it would be more reasonable to get your wedding set in yellow gold. If you wear mixed colours then platinum with gold accents would be lovely. It doesn''t matter if no one else likes it, you have to like it! : ) You''ll be wearing it for many, many years to come!

I personally wear absolutely no yellow gold, I don''t like it, I don''t like the way it looks on me, but that''s my preference. I like the white metals.

Please post when you choose something, we love eye-candy : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I think the white metals are much more popular now but that could change. I wear yellow gold simply because it looks better on me than white gold or platinum. Go with what you like, not what is in fashion now, because what is in fashion now may not be in fashion 5-10 years from now. If you get something that looks good on you, you''ll never have to worry about keeping up with trends because you''ll be happy with what you have. Try on some different metals and see what you like best. Of course if you ever upgrade the setting then you could always change!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
GG I agree with others have said. I am exclusively a yellow gold gal. I think this happened because I received a yellow gold Movado watch as a birthday gift many moons ago and I still wear it to this day so I have always bought jewelry that would go with it. Not to mention I tend to like the contrast of yellow gold to most stones than others metals. However, it does seem that I am in the miniority these days as most people are opting for white metals. But I have never wanted platinum or white gold so it would truly depend on your personal preference. On the flip side all hubby''s jewelery is two tone, and he doesn''t want anything all platinum or all yellow gold. So I guess to each his own. Buy what you like and will have no regrets about having.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results