shape
carat
color
clarity

I did it! My new 1.58 OEC Upgrade in halo!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
OEC's are my favorite. They really are. And I had a real dilemma on my hands this past year.

I have a 1.13M in an antique illusion setting now named LulaMae that is quirky and unique and totally me. However, I couldn't let my e-ring be trumped by a rogue stone (!!!) and so plans had already begun last year to do something about that problem. My dilemma is that in larger stone (anything much over a carat) I really prefer the look of OEC and other old cuts but couldn't see getting another OEC to halo. So, after long discussions with hubby (who also prefers OEC's in larger sizes) I somewhat reluctantly decided to "improve" my modern stone instead.

I had literally, just last month collected up enough in my bling fund to begin searching and told hubby I was NOT looking for another OEC, was totally fine with LulaMae, upgrading my modern stone and had begun some quiet searching with Mr. B-cat's blessing. Then...I just happened to check in on the 7-8 Search Club on FB and noticed this stone under discussion.

moechalo.jpg

It was weighed at 1.58 and estimated at K/L by the seller.

Everything happened so fast at that point I was just about beside myself. It was in a halo (which is a requirement for me) and a size I was looking for and double bonus on the old cut! WIth a lot of encouragement from the ladies in the search club and Mr. B-cat's blessing, I pounced on it and awaited it anxiously in the mail.

I loved it on first sight right out of the box (though I am somehow going to have to pry it off my fingers long enough to get it sized and the prongs tightened).

So a great many and heartfelt thanks from Mr B-cat and myself to the old cut lovers who gave encouragement to do this. Fortekitty, Charmy, Heraanderson, GemFever. Armywife, Athenaworth, Blingy Mo, Starsparkle, Susimoo, Valmanin and IE Princess, I'd have never had the guts to do it a year and a half ago! I'll be sad to see LulaMae go, but this is definitely worth it.

Funnily enough- I think this setting looks great with my VanC band, unlike my other halo with pave shank. I like the plain shank better on me.

I think I know what DreamerD means now about one ring to rule them all....

On to the pictures!

158a.jpg

158b.jpg

158d.jpg

158e.jpg

158haloc.jpg

newset1.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :love: and this from a woman who is on record for not liking halos........

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1373468432|3480250 said:
:appl: :love: and this from a woman who is on record for not liking halos........

Thank you MZ!!!! I lurves my halos. :lickout:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!!! Amazing stone and I love the halo, lots of finger real estate....

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
I love the stone, I love the halo, I love the plain shank ... now I want to halo my OEC! Congrats on such an amazing ring, and wear it in good health!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So purty!!! :love: :love: :love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Arkieb, Blingymo and IE Princess and AprilBaby!

IE Princess- I am not one to discourage halos....I think they look fab with older stones (well, I haven't seen a stone yet that I wouldn't like in a halo). :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a gorgeous stone! And what a bonus that it was already in a halo that you loved! It is gorgeous on your hand and looks great with your VC band!! Nice find!! :appl: :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is so absolutely fabulous!! I can't imagine a better ring for your pretty fingers. Just perfect!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, congrats! I'm so glad you got this beauty, it looks perfect on you!! Enjoy! :appl: :love:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing!! I saw that one for sale and mentally marked it as a great cut. Your photos really how that. Nice find. And the mount is also lovely.

ONE ring baby! :bigsmile:

Groucho

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I also love your stack with the Van C and diamond band --- wonderful proportions.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Yennyfire, Athenaworth, Star Sparkle Dreamer and Niel and Groucho! I am so thrilled with the way it looks! It's such a pretty stone!

Dreamer- I am totally swayed now by the one ring theory. I think this will hold me for a good long while though I'm not ever going to say never now! The bling fundage is now a long way from recovery!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you PinkyPie and Lorrissey!

Here's a profile with the other OEC:

profile_3.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You know I <3 it! The whole package -- setting and stone, just beautiful. Now please, more pics :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1373479386|3480349 said:
You know I <3 it! The whole package -- setting and stone, just beautiful. Now please, more pics :bigsmile:

Gorgeous! :love:
And I second gem's request for more pics please!

Wear in health and blingy happiness!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's amazing! It looks sooooo sparkly. It looks fantastic with that stack with the VC band and diamond band.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful ring and it looks great with your VanC! Love it!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Gem, Missy, SB, Distracts, Kathley. Laila and MayK!!!

Gem- I know you liked this one!!! :cheeky:

I've been out all afternoon but I'll put my creativity cap on and see if I can't think up some new pics. :)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorgeous! I think it looks amazing, and I hope you'll post many, many, many more photos! Do you know who made the setting? It's fantastic!

P.S. - I love your VC band, to, and hope you post many more photos of that as well .... :Up_to_something:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lin and Circe!!

Got my thinking cap on now for photos... :read:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Ok, more pics as requested!

I don't think I've ever done any RLP pics of anything before so here are a couple.

rlp2.jpg

rlp1.jpg

Photobomb courtesy of Mitt...

mittbomb.jpg

My favorite thing- fire shots:

firey1.jpg

With today's still life accessories...pears...

threring1.jpg

Thank you again for all your wonderful comments!

Circe- No idea who did the setting. It's 14k. I know the seller set the stone. He seems to be a hobbyist jeweler.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results