shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you set these?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Normally when I buy stones I have an idea of how I would like to set them, but these are baffling me---I just keep changing my mind!

So I was wondering how you all see them set? I''m thinking ring for sure :)

They are TOTAL WEIGHT: 1.17cts
QUANTITY: 2
SHAPE: Shield
COLOR: F
CLARITY: VS1
MEASUREMENTS: 6.55 x 5.35 x 2.50 mm
TOTAL DEPTH: 46.7%
FLUORESCENCE: NONE

step cut pear pair2.JPG

SYC

Shiny_Rock
How beautiful!!!

Do you have something in mind as a center stone? Diamond or other stone? I think these could be beautiful with an oval center -- diamond or sapphire, for example. But I''m sure others will have more suggestions!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to say a set of huggy style hoops, with the shields in a bezel drop... but you are thinking ring? Hmmm... Do you already have a RHR that is your birthstone? I have a 2c peridot I am going to have set for a RHR... and those would look awesome on each side of it! What''s your birthstone?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE THEM!!! Sidestones on a ring? Maybe a step-cut sapphire?

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
They are little big to be used as sidestones.

You could do a bypass ring.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they would be beautiful as side stones for a ring.
30.gif

Linda

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

My birthstone is Ruby and I loved the idea of setting them with a beautiful one, but haven't found the 'right' one yet.

They looked great with a 4.42ct scissor cut blue sapphire, but I'm currently setting a purplish pink sapphire and not sure about another sapphire right away.

I'm thinking ring, because I think I would drive myself nuts trying to catch a peek at them if they were on my ears or around my neck! But they would make great drops :)

I considered a bypass ring, but recently found a square cut one that I loved more-than the idea I had for these.

Am considering a deco-ish style setting.

I now wear a size 7-7.5, so need good finger coverage-so not worried about them being to large for sides :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 3:35:59 PM
Author:stepcutnut
Normally when I buy stones I have an idea of how I would like to set them, but these are baffling me---I just keep changing my mind!

So I was wondering how you all see them set? I'm thinking ring for sure :)
Too bad, I think they'd make an awesome and unique pair of drop earrings.
bat%20eyes3.gif

ETA posted at the same time, but I still think they'd make cool earrings. Just carry a mirror around.
9.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
How about a bypass style ring? I''ve got several saved to my favorites folder. They were very in vogue in the early part of the 20th century. Let me see if I can post any.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking bypass, but recently purchased this one and wasn''t sure about another right away!?!?!

3ct+ square cut bypass ring.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Well, in all fairness, I'd take that nasty step cut bypass band off your hands for you.
emembarrassed.gif

collageofbypassrings.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Those are all lovely and have definitely considered using them in a bypass!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d set each in a basket setting with a jump ring on top and slide them on to my diamond studs when I wanted to feel particularly blingy!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of a bypass, with some carre cut stones running down the sides?

Or for something really different, have the points facing each other with smaller stones in the spaces left? ...let me try to find a pic to explain what I mean...

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I know I had a pic of this from (I think) FayCullen but I can't find it now
29.gif
. I tried to make a crude drawing of what I mean...The shiedl stones were bezel set with milgrain detailing....It was very art deco and really pretty!

ETA: Whoa! Sorry so big! lol.

Project1dsgsgdsgd.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
upgradable-I just noticed that you'd be willing to take my step cut bypass ring off my hands for me-so I can proceed with a bypass ring for the shields----that is so nice of you to offer
31.gif

blingergrrrl-thanks for the mock up, had considered something similar-but I have this double pear ring with the points facing in and didn't know if I should make another! http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/introducing-pink-lady-t94154-60.html (On page 3)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 8:22:17 AM
Author: stepcutnut
I do like this one too.
Very different, they would work well in that design. I like it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I immediately thought dangle earrings but as sidestones in a ring would be nice too. They are gorgeous!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I know you said ring, but... they would be SUCH awesome earrings. Maybe the reason you can''t make up your mind is that you know somewhere, deep down inside, that''s what they really want to be?
28.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
How about using them as sidestones with a massive tsavorite?
31.gif
Oh, that would be delicious!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not what you want to hear but I would do drop earrings for sure!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool shape but no idea here !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results