shape
carat
color
clarity

How much for a engagement ring ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Webb

Rough_Rock
I will have to buy one for my girlfriend,I was just trying to figure it out,I''m not going crazy 1st = I don''t have that kind of money and because I just bought her a new car so...

What is too cheap ???

Thank you

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It depends on what type of ring you''re looking to buy, and your budget...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buy what you can afford, no sense in going into debt. I''d buy from a vendor that allows upgrades, so down the road you can get a bigger stone. Good luck!!!
2.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Kaleigh, buy what you can afford!

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Buy what you can afford. Do your research and get the best that you possibily can for your money.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, don''t spend what you don''t have. My suggestion is to use the majority of the budget on a well cut stone. And try to buy from a company with an upgrade policy.

If you post your budget, we could try and help you more.
1.gif

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Also remember, an engagement ring does not equal "diamond ring". You could get a beautiful precious or semi-precious gemstone, doesn''t HAVE TO be a diamond ring. The sentiment comes from your heart, the monetary value is un-important.
1.gif
My first fiance preposed to me with one of those rings that is a decoration on a wedding cake after a friend''s wedding reception (this is not the reason he is my ex!
2.gif
) and I kept that in my jewelry box right next to my "real" engagement ring that we picked out together a few weeks later; the sentimental value was stronger on that piece of wire than on the "real" thing!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2006 8:40:11 PM
Author: Webb
I only will be able to spend 1.500 - 2.000.

Thank you
OK, that''s a start. Now, do you know what shape diamond she wants? If you don''t know, can you secretly find out? Once we know this, it will go a lot faster!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Does she like antique looking rings? If so, check out this page, as it has a number of rings that are in your range, and are very pretty. They also are unique, so it is unlikely she would come across someone wearing the same thing.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I am sure you can find a perfectly nice ring for 1500-2000 dollars. And you have come to the right place to help get the most for your money. The people on PS can steer you in the right direction for quallity diamonds in any price range.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
You can still get a great looking diamond for $2000. Maybe go with a simple setting to maximize the budget for the diamond. No matter what you wind up with, plan a proposal that is romantic and from the heart. The proposal doesn''t need to be expensive. I think most women truly want a romantic proposal and that''s what is most important. The engagement ring is just a part of the proposal.
1.gif

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/15/2006 8:44:49 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 8/15/2006 8:40:11 PM

Author: Webb

I only will be able to spend 1.500 - 2.000.

Thank you
OK, that''s a start. Now, do you know what shape diamond she wants? If you don''t know, can you secretly find out? Once we know this, it will go a lot faster!

My antique .47 center, with .12 on each side was much less than that! In fact, when we shopped $2,000 was our agreed upon limit. There are a ton of recommended vendors on here that would be willing to work within that price range.

We found out when shopping (although I''m not sure if it''s true for vendors on here) that if you go slightly under one of the typical steps (.45 rather than .5, .7 rather than .75, etc) that we could get a much better deal.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
My fiance got me a *great* ring for under 1500. It''s wonderful, and you can get right around 1/2 carat for that price, along with a pretty setting. You could even get a bigger diamond than 1/2 carat if she wants a simple setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results