shape
carat
color
clarity

How much did you spend?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that it shouldn''t be taboo, but I understand for many it is a sensitive topic. My cousin asked me the other day how much my ring will cost, and I told her nicely that it wasn''t for me to say. She protested, and said "but we tell each other everything!" I told her that my bf was buying it, I was marrying him, and therefore wanted to respect his wishes not to go announcing what the ring had cost us.

So normally I AM sensitive about it, but I am happy to share here. I probably wouldn''t go into exact dollars, but would share a range. I must admit that a post that I found most helpful was one awhile back where someone was looking at a cushion and posted the specs and the exact price. It made me realize that we could possibly afford a one carat nice cushion, where we couldn''t afford an ideal RB or square H&A of that size/weight. I hadn''t even though of doing a search for cushions on diamond sites until I ran into that post, and ultimately a cushion is what we went with.

I guess I am willing to share here because in real life, I am far more apt to share how much it is with someone who is looking to buy a diamond and doing research over someone who just wants to know how much my diamond costs for the hell of it. So even here, i would answer the question depending on how it was phrased...which I guess is the point many are trying to make.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 2:56:11 PM
Author: Mara
HEY i love the rolly-eye icon!!
9.gif

give more information and i''m sure people will help you. until then the eye-candy thread is alot of fun.
Hey, in have a pun - Rolly-Eye-Candy thread. Let''s lock it and be polite next time.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results