shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I care for my ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flashfiance

Rough_Rock
My finance popped the question on Friday night. How do I care for my ring? How often should I get it cleaned? Should I wear it in the shower? When I put on lotion? When I do the dishes? When I am at the gym lifting weights? Tricks for not loosing it?

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
I clean my ring everyday..or every other day...I take it into birks usually every month...or so! Diamonds are grease magnets the build up really affects the brilliance!

As for dishes,showering ect....I usually take my ring off.....so I don't have a bunch of build up....it's just my preferance anyway. I don't really want it catching on my hair as Im washing it, anyway!

AND AS FOR LOOSING IT WELL........don't do what I did and take it off in the bathroom......a week into the engagement and my ring fell into the toilet..thank goodness I recovered it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/18/2004 10:53:56 AM flashfiance wrote:

My finance popped the question on Friday night. How do I care for my ring? How often should I get it cleaned? Should I wear it in the shower? When I put on lotion? When I do the dishes? When I am at the gym lifting weights? Tricks for not loosing it?----------------

I take my rings off for all the above mentioned tasks. At home, I clean my diamond every few days by soaking it in a solution of amonia/water/or spraying it w/windex and then scrubbing with a toothbrush.

I lift weights at home without wearing any rings, but when I went to the gym, I kept my rings on. It's a bit uncomfortable as it seems like my fingers get pinched when using dumb bells, but still this is better than loosing or having jewelery get stolen there
1.gif

Michell

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Lifting weights with your rings on will scratch the heck out of the metal (I know since I used to do this with another ring I had). Now with my engagement ring I tie it on my shoe at the gym (you know, unlace the shoe a bit, then put the ring on the lace, then lace it back up again). This way it's not going anywhere, not getting damaged, and not getting stolen out of my locker. And then I can put it back on to do cardio!

I shower with it on at the gym, but not at home. I switch it over to my right hand when I do shower with it on since that finger is bigger and it means that it's good and tight.

Some wise person here said to keep your rings out of the kitchen because there are too many hard surfaces there. I abide by that philosophy and never cook or do dishes with my ring on. That's just asking for trouble as far as I'm concerned.

Daniela

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results