shape
carat
color
clarity

How did FI figure out your ring size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
He didn''t ask me because he didn''t want me to know he was buying a ring, but he heard somewhere that it''s 3 sizes lower than the girl''s shoe size....it turned out to be true!!! Crazy, huh?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats pretty close for me. Size 6.5 shoe, size 3.75 ring (was size 3.5 before I gained all this weight).

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
It would be a 4 size difference for me...my shoes=10; my ring=6.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would''ve been in trouble...i wear 5 1/2 shoe and 3 1/2 ring...a could have worn the ring on my picky maybe
3.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Wouldn''t work for me either. Size 8 1/2 shoe and a size 7 ring. Even before I had my kids I wore a size 7 1/2 shoes and a size 6 ring. My fingers aren''t fat but they are long, even though they look fat is some of the pics I haver taken.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not quite for me...size 10 foot (sometimes 9.5) and size 7.5 finger.

I just flat out told him my ring size. He had also gotten me little rings for other occasions, so by the time he needed to buy THE ring, he knew the size already.
1.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
I told him, and brought it up in conversation a lot so he wouldn''t forget!!!

klr
(shoe size 8 1/2:ring size 6 3/4)

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that equation is way off for me! My feet have very high arches and are consequently shorter than they should be. Shoe size: 6.5 ; Ring size: 7.5 ; That equation would give me a 3.5 ring
6.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Shoe size 9.5, ring size 4.5..... 5 size difference! I''d have had to wear it on my thumb with yarn tied around the underside to make it fit!!

We''d been together for over 7 years by the time we got engaged, so I made sure he knew my ring size! LOL

Layne

Shiny_Rock
I left an older silver ring that I wore sometimes on one of my key ring hangers (like the place you can put the mail and keys). Later he said that was a sneaky way to leave it for him to discover but I didn''t do it on purpose! He just tried it on a marked where it fit on his finger.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fairly close for me too but I find that different types of rings are different. I range from 5.25 to 6.

Ryan had asked me at one point for a list of things I want and all my sizes to keep things in his wallet. I included likes and dislikes and he found that helpful. But since I helped pick out the final stone (narrowed it to a few anyway) he just chose the one ofthose he liked best.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Almost...8 for my shoes, and 5.5 for my finger. However, my rings do spin....and that extra 1/2 size is so I can get it on and off of my bony knuckles!

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Another one that doesn''t hold true for all. My ring size is 5 and shoe is 6.5. When I got married at 21, ring size was 4.25 and shoe size was 6. That''s what years and having children do your body.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny stuff ! Never heard of that rule...

It would not work for me (5 with 3).

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2005 1:13:29 PM
Author: Belle Chasse
Actually, it works perfectly for my future fiance...8.5 shoe and 5.5 ring!!!
ha ha ha, my fi''s ring size is his shoe size....lol

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
Yep, works for me too!  Shoe size 7.5 to 8, depending on make; ring size 4.5 to 5, depending on weather and time of month.

I hadn''t any idea what size I was, since I was used to British sizes.  All the conversion charts came up with different numbers, so I just went in a jeweler''s and asked them to size me.  On that day, I was a 5 so that''s what I went with.

But since I picked the stone and the setting myself anyway, it didn''t need to be a surprise.

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
My ring and shoe size are the same. At 132 pounds they were both 8. Now at 230 they are both 10...hmmm...lol.

One of my BFs requirements in looking for a ring is that is be down-sizable...

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
That''s an interesting theory. It is true for me....size 8 foot, and size 5 finger. (can wear 4.75 also).

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Funny, doesn''t work for me, 8 shoes, 5.5 ring, but does work for him, 11 shoes, 8 ring.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t work for me because I''m pretty tall (5''7) with little feet (size 7) and big hands, long fingers (size 5.5)!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
It works for me when I wear athletic shoes- size 10 for the shoe and with my extra weight I''m a size 7 ring. and when I''m at my normal weight it would work for my dress shoes: 9.5 shoe, 6.5 ring. How funny!

Stickee

Rough_Rock
Long time lurker, first post.

Last night was quite funny. My jeweler let me take home the big ring with all the sizes attached, and when she was asleep, I tried them on. When I put the 5 on, it was so tight and hard to get off, I thought she was going to wakeup for sure.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results