shape
carat
color
clarity

Horrible pics of my beautiful new GOG fireball

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
C

cozzagirl

I am yet another new proud owner of a GOG signature chunky cushion! My fiance and I decided to upgrade from my sapphire ering and, after watching all the videos and seeing all the pics I KNEW I had to have one of these babies :)

After deciding on my stone, I went to Charles Alexander in MD to look for a setting (since I just couldn''t bear to buy a setting that I hadn''t tried on first). The saleswoman was really sweet but kept laughing at me the whole time for buying this stone since it''s an "L"!!!! I showed her the video that GOG made for me (http://vimeo.com/5610925 - mine is on the left) and she said "Is that a real diamond?!?" HAHAHA! She then proceeded to show me about 5 different stones in an attempt to change my mind and buy from them but there is no way anything she brought out could compare with what I knew I was buying. Anyway, I ended up buying this setting in platinum that was designed by the owner of the store. I then had GOG send the stone to the store to be set. However, I told the saleswoman that I wanted to look at the stone after it arrived and before they set it just to make sure...

On the day I went to look at the stone, the saleswoman said she wanted to "play a game" with me. She brought out 3 different stones in grabbers and set them all in front of me and asked me to pick out my stone. I knew RIGHT away which was mine! It was sooo obvious! The cut is just TO DIE for! She also brought out the rapaport price list to show me that I''d been "overcharged." I honestly couldn''t care less. This is the stone of my dreams and I think that GOG does such an amazing job and, while the price may be a little inflated for the "on paper" specs of the stone, it is worth every penny that I paid...especially since I will be enjoying this little ball of fiery rainbow for the rest of my life :) At the end, the saleswoman was really sweet and kept telling me she thought it was beautiful and was really surprised at how light it faces up for an L. The best part: when she took me outside to look at the stone, she told me that their "really snobby" stockroom girl that "used to work at Tiffany''s" just "couldn''t believe how beautiful" the stone is. How perfect.

Specs:
GOG Signature Chunky Cushion
1.24ct L SI1
6.47L x 6.26W x 4.12D
P: VG
S: VG
C: Sl large
D%: 65.89
T%: 52.69
Fl: None

Ring Size: 5

Sorry about the horrible pics! There is no way I have the talent to capture what this stone can do :)

The Bling Ring 009.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Cozzagirl

LOOK at that beauty - WOW!!!

C

cozzagirl

Lorelei thanks so much! I still can''t get over the fact that she''s all mine :) I''m in PA school and should be studying...but I can''t stop staring!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think you''re gonna get too much studying done with that gorgeous stone on your finger! I can see why you are distracted, it is absolutely gorgeous! Very happy for you, have fun showing that beauty off!!

iota

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It's gorgeous!

It's interesting that the SA decided to play a little game with you. Seems pretty ball-sy.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
PASTEL PARADISE. Gorgeous. I''m loving these "new" old cuts!!! And it looks like a "G" to me!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Do you happen to have the link to the GOG page? I''m curious to see the ASET and imagescopes. :)

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
you can''t deny that stone is something very special, it is GORGEOUS! LOVE it, and the setting is perfect for it too! Congrats.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even with your not-so-good pics I can even tell she is a beauty! And I really like the setting you choose...congratulations on a beautiful
ring!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
The stone is amazing and i am absolutely in love with that profile!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
That is an amazing stone - I love the top view of the facets -- yummy. And what a beautiful setting! I love the contrast of the simple, classic setting with the vintage look of the stone. Very eye-catching. I would get no work done if that was on my finger!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, and looks great in that setting!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful - I am loving these GOG cushions I keep seeing on here!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Love it. The facets are gorgeous. I wouldn''t be able to keep my eyes off it either.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am in
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous cushion!!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous stone. Congrats on your upgrade. I was eyeing this stone as well. It looks so good on your hand.
36.gif

C

cozzagirl

Thank you everyone for all of the wonderful comments! This forum is amazing and it is only because of all the people on here that i have a ring that i love SO much...

ecf8503: Here is the link - http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6021/

I''m still staring....
31.gif
31.gif
30.gif
30.gif

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
love the simple setting and those CHUNKY FACETS!!!! love, love!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on snapping up that beauty - I had my eye on that one for ages!

that SA is a ding-bat - we all know how decent these prices are on the GOG
chunkies. She was just jealous she doesn''t stock L''s she can pass off as H''s, lol..
I''m glad she was polite in the end.

Gorgeous rock, and very elegant setting, congrats!
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that stone...
yumyumyum

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Love that cushion - beautiful ring gallery!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results