shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Tacori setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TLJP

Rough_Rock
Please talk me through these setting! : ) I love them both; and have placed an order for the Tacori 2623 but have temporaily placed it on hold and am now having second thoughts. When I went to my local B&M I was originally looking for the Tacori 2628. They didn''t have it to show me but did have the 2623 which was beautiful. After placing the order over the weekend I started to question myself on Monday and realized that I had made the decision without ever even trying on the ring that I originally wanted to see! My stone is 1.11 round. Has anyone actually seen these settings side by side?

http://www.tacori.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH&Product_Code=2628RDP&Category_Code=&Store_Code=TACORI&Search=2628&offset=0&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=%20&srch_code=1

http://www.tacori.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SRCH&Product_Code=2623RDSMP&Category_Code=&Store_Code=TACORI&Search=2623&offset=0&filter_cat=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=%20&srch_code=1

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I have not seen them side by side but I love the 2628. Some one on here has that setting. I don''t remember if anyone as the 2623.

TLJP

Rough_Rock
Thanks EM1! My jewler is trying to get the 2628 in for me but their contact at Tacori doesn''t have it in stock. I am just so tempted to order it anyway but just can''t make myself pull the trigger! : ) I did see the 2628 at one B&M but it had saphires for the side stones and a princess cut for the center and actually looked totally different!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
How big is your center stone? I love both settings. I can see why it would be a tough decision.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I love these tacori''s but I''m not a big sidestone person. IMHO, the 2628 is a little more contemporary styled with the cadillac cut sides and the 2623 more traditional with the round sides. Are you looking for something thats more in one direction than the other?

TLJP

Rough_Rock
If I''m honest - I would have to say that I would lean towards the more traditional. I have thought the same thing about the side stones (that the rounds are more traditional). Sometimes when I look at these settings I think that the cadillac cuts show off the center stone more and even make it seem larger. Though this may be a trick of the photography and if I were able to actually see it I could better determine. What to do? What to do?

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
I must have looked at about 50 Tacori''s before I picked one that talked to me. It is a hard decision, but since the day it was put on my finger I have not regretted my choice one little bit!

BI

TLJP

Rough_Rock
Yes, I do believe that if I could just see the other style I would instantly know. They are really so similar. It appears that the only difference really may be the side stones. I am still having no luck with getting the 2628 in hand though. You would think that in a city the size of Atlanta that someone would have it - but alas no!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
They are both beautiful but I find 2628 really stunning! I find that the side stones flow very nicely with the center stone and show it off beautifully. Also, as said above, the look is more modern and contemporary than 2623.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 4:33:34 PM
Author: TLJP
If I''m honest - I would have to say that I would lean towards the more traditional. I have thought the same thing about the side stones (that the rounds are more traditional). Sometimes when I look at these settings I think that the cadillac cuts show off the center stone more and even make it seem larger. Though this may be a trick of the photography and if I were able to actually see it I could better determine. What to do? What to do?

You''re right TLJP! I think what youre seeing is cadillac cut does making the diamond seem larger because of the way the stones seamlessly bring the eyeline from center stone to the far side of the side stone. The round has the pinch in between the center stones edge and the side stone''s beginning. As far as making the stone look bigger.. the gorgeous halo on these tacoris is so well done that its going to look larger no matter what. I say go with your instinct and get the cadillac. If you can see yourself looking at the round and going "hmm I wonder how much larger it would look if these were cadillac?" then save yourself the regret.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to add my two cents here because I love the 2628! If you type in the Tacori 2628, I think its lotsofsparkle that has one. It is gorgeous. I have been thinking of
having whiteflash make one for me. At one time they quoted 4700.00. The side view is a little busy for me so I would probably change that. But that top view is to die for.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh wait-its the 2623 that I love not the 2628! my bad

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVE the 2628. The shape of the sidestones really frames the centerstone.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I know its not the one youre looking for but MsKG has the 2623 as well

cushionawesomeness

Rough_Rock
I like the 2628, I am more traditional girl but love how the cadilac sides frame the center stone. And if finger coverage is what you are looking for then the 2628 is perfect. If that is the one that you initially wanted, I think you will always regret not getting it if you order the 2623. Just my 2 cents!

TLJP

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! I have gone back and forth looking at both MsKG''s and Lotsofsparkle''s rings and they are just both so beautiful! I am hoping that today will bring some good news and that the 2628 can actually be located for me to see and try on!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh both of those settings are SO beautiful!! Tacori is really growing on me....
1.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both sooo nice...if it were for me (which its not
39.gif
) I''d be buying the 2628. I like the uniqueness to it
and the little bit more of a sparkle. I''d be happy to have either though!

TLJP

Rough_Rock
Yeah, accoring to my local jeweler Tacori is sending in the 2628 tomorrow! I''ll finally get to actually see it for myself. If all goes as planned I''ll be making my decision tomorrow afternoon!
36.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Haven''t read the whole post, but I love the 2628. I think you are right when you said it makes the center stone appear larger. Haven''t seen them in person though.

TLJP

Rough_Rock
The 2628 is definitely the one ladies! I saw it this afternoon and just fell in love with it. I am so relieved that I put a hold on my original design and waited to see this setting. While the 2623 is beautiful the 2628 is as chiquitapet said "stunning". I know that I can sleep easy tonight knowing that I made the right decision. Thanks everyone!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results