shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Pls Show me an H color Center stone w/ F/G Setting

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Any help appreciated. Considering H stone and I'm a "D-E" lover. . It's an old trans round and looked white in the daylight but at night in the store lighting looked warmer and the settings in the store were so white I was scared to consider putting this stone in a setting that's so white (which I L-o-v-e!)

Please speak to me sharing your opinions of H colored diamonds and if they generally show up white and what you think of an H trans round with a F/G setting.

Also the stone is in a four prong old setting that makes the round stone appear cushiony - i love that. :love: Do you think a halo (like Tacori 2620) would disguise and take away from the chunky faceted look of the trans stone? Also, would it look "warm" not white , in the Tacori 2620? :confused:

I'm sorry to blab but I was SET on a D or E Only for a long time and now I fell in love - with an H! :shock: (old trans stone, chunky facets).

Thank you so much!!!! :wavey:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out the videos comparing the different colours. I love transitional cut stones and they are beautiful. The lighting in the store isn't going to be as "forgiving" as other lighting. If you LOVE the stone I say go for it! The "lower" the stones doesn't make them any less beautiful or "appealing" because as you can tell in the show me your N and O thread, that there are a lot of beautiful stones lower in color.

If you saw it at the store ask them if you can take it out in different lighting. Take it outside and look at it in the sun, take it to another room in the store where there's dimmer lighting, not store front lighting, and see how it preforms to your eyes.

For ME H color is fine. I can't see the warmth in it at all, but then again, I haven't owned anything higher than an H before. I see nothing wrong with "warmth" in a stone in any lighting, at any angle. And I doubt you'll see it in an H anyways, but the possibility is always there, esp if you are color sensitive and if you think it will bother you. An idea is to "embrace" the warmth and love it for what it is if you can see it in an H stone. It could have just been the lighting in the store causing it to reflect warmth when in other lighting it's really quite clear.

And I think Tacori makes amazing settings and have a vintage flare to them so I think a transitional cut diamond would look beautiful in it!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple of my set. My E-ring is an I and my wedding band is all F/G.

new prongs 001.jpg

new prongs 004.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Under most conditions, my H centerstone (GIA triple Ex) is bright white. The only time it shows a slight tint is under bright warm sunlight...it could also be picking up the golden surroundings because I live in sunny so cal.

EmmaM

Rough_Rock
My center stone is an I color and the side stones are F/G in color. I can't tell a difference between them and I think you would be fine with an H center stone! Here is a picture.

5258774764_374e577b69.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's my "I" center stone with "G" traps. I think it will look fine.

resizedringnew.jpg

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for these pics!!!! :wavey: I REALLY appreciate all of your helpful thoughts and all the pictures of the gorgeous stones and sets It was SO unbelievably Helpful to have these pics to compare - you guys are amazing and so nice to help me!!
:love: and I think you can't even tell they are H - I don't see much difference. This is huge coming from a D-E lover! :naughty:

I was only going to get a D or E and looked around here and there for many years. Until one day, I happened upon this stone that is a trans. cut and I couldn't take it off my finger! :love:

Thank you , thank you , thank you!!!!! :wavey:

Now I have to decide if I should keep the original plat setting w/ skinny sides/diamonds and low, or put it in a higher setting like the Tacori 2620, but not the real Tacori, a copy of some kind. :read:

I love the shape of the stone as it is and don't want to "hide" it. I love the broad faceting on the edges of the stone.
Do you think the halo would not allow me to see that?? :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results