shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP OEC or Tiffany & Co??

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This is a really interesting thread! Did you make a choice yet? :))

To me, if you ever intend to upgrade, I would not take that K color stone. It might not carry very good resale/exchange value. The Tiffany stones are often really nice (though costly) but it sounds like you are hoping for a bigger carat size?

I recommend going on JamesAllen's website and do a search of their loose stones. You can see them on videos and 40x enlarged photos and the videos and pictures are so good - you can see everything! Also, use the HCA "Holloway cut advisor" tool on this website for round brilliants. It's very good and telling which ones will sparkle the best. Won't work for anything except rounds though.

Good luck in your choice - you have some great stones to choose from so far.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have not read the thread but vote for Tiffany. If you are considering an OEC--a preloved stone--then how about an Estate Tiffany? Oakgem has many many rings, at a fraction of retail and all the papers and details.

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ever decide??

trednybr

Rough_Rock
photo_4_22.jpg photo_5_15.jpg

the finished product!!! thank you so much everyone for all your help!!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
That is a gorgeous ring!! Love the setting. Need some handshots :)

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
That setting is to die for! Iove the way it looks like a diamond ribbon crosses over and :love: wraps under the shank. Gorgeous ring altogether!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Well, since it's not a MRB, I assume you picked the OEC....YAy! That sub cushion halo is to die for too. Your jeweler has great taste in suggesting it and fabricating it so delicately.
No one will have a ring like yours...it is the best and awesome. That stone rocks! (pun intended)

Personally i've never cared for the faceting of a MRB...so I thought I just didn't care for round stones until I saw the facet pattern on OEC's and the Good Old Gold August Vintage Rounds...now they are my absolute favorite ...no kidding. And I prefer them set in a cushion halo but yours is the nicest I've seen, as I also prefer a sub-halo. I also love the antique cushions but they come in second now.

So people with little experience in OEC's vs MRB's might be wondering what you picked. LOL!

PS:
I followed your other thread as well (great info on shallow OEC's which can be awesome in real life):
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-old-european-cut-help.192425/page-2#post-3758454#p3758454']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-old-european-cut-help.192425/page-2#post-3758454#p3758454[/URL]
Especially Erica's comment:
Post by ericad » 27 Sep 2013 16:40
Shallower OEC's can photograph dark (they pick up more camera reflection), but be incredibly brilliant and bright in person. Case in point, we got one in that is on the shallow side, and I was showing it in person. The buyer compared it against the very "best" cut (this is subjective, but most old cut experts would consider the make on these other stones to be top tier for OEC's) stones we had in stock, and she and I both chose it every time as being the whitest and brightest, even against much higher colored stones - and we looked at them in all kinds of lighting environments.

After looking at it against every other stone we had within that size range, this shallower stone made it into her top 2, along with a larger cushion. Her fiance chose the cushion, but I know that the OEC was her very favorite. It really did blow the other OEC's out of the water in terms of brilliance - it was like a lightbulb on her finger.

My point is that pictures and stats don't always tell the whole story. Sometimes a shallow stone does indeed look dark in person, but often times it doesn't. People generally advise against shallow OEC's, but they can be stunning, even if they're not the most photogenic.

Congrats on your gorgeous diamond!"

susanrachel28

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! It is so beautiful! I love the size on you and your jeweler did an amazing job with the setting :appl:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful setting and diamond!! i'm really glad you went for the OEC, they are so unique and have tons of fire. tell us more about the setting!! i love the dainty halo and would love to hear the story behind the design

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! What is your ring size? it looks gigantic!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock

Emmaelvis

Rough_Rock
I love this ring. Who was your jeweler? Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results