shape
carat
color
clarity

Help: Octagon halo for a round diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
So, we've narrowed our choices down to 3 diamonds and hopefully will get a video this evening from GOG. (Anticipation is killing me!! lol) I'm pretty sure we're going with a round but the video will confirm for sure. Anyway, I want to have it set in an octagon shaped halo. Preferably prong set but bezel set with miligrain is ok as well. I can't seem to find anything and need your help. Only other option is to go custom which cost-wise with quotes I've gotten but I'm finding that time-wise I don't want to wait that long. I should mention that I'd like to keep the setting under $2k. Preferably around where this one is (~$1300) Here is a perfect example of what I'm looking for:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/117PP1/

Problem is, it's made for an asscher
39.gif

Anyone have any ideas?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes manufactures will make it to fit whatever stone you would like. I would call and ask pearlmans if this is available for this setting. I understand your frustration though, I just found a square halo for my RB. I can''t tell you how many websites I went through trying to find exactly what I wanted. Good luck!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
I have an octagon halo similar to the link you posted. Granted, it is also an Asscher, but I know the jeweler could make it look stunning with a round diamond as well. We went here: www.artdecodiamonds.com

and this is the setting/halo we went with: https://www.artdecodiamonds.com/products.php?id=2306&l=0&u=2147483647&sortway=desc

Working with Suzanne was an amazing experience for my Fiance and he said we''ll never get our jewelry anywhere else. She helped him select the perfect diamond and was always there to answer his million and one questions.

Cj

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori makes one - it''s a little different than the one you posted, but you may like this one too:

tacorihalo1.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should WAIT if you need to to get exactly what you want!
2.gif
If it were me I would go custom through BGD -- the work they have been doing is awesome.

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm assuming you saw this Bev K from Pearlmans?

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/111PP1/28/

It is more asscher shaped, but very similar to the one you posted, and made for a round. I actually called them about it the other day; it's gorgeous and I like it because it could theoretically sit with a wedding band a lot more flush than the original one you posted! (Dunno if that matters to you...but it does to me!)

mariel

Shiny_Rock
I love this setting and trying to do something similar since the vendor will not sell the setting by itself...

ring

Good luck with your search!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm. My ring is a round diamond with an octagonal halo (set in white gold cost $1300). I'm not going to post the vendor because I didn't have a particularly good experience with the craftsmanship (had to send it back 3 times) and I don't want you to have to go through the same thing. My ring in my avi looks slightly different than the image below.

Good luck with your search! I am voting for a custom setting with a reputable jeweler if you can't find what you're looking for anywhere else. I know you didn't want to wait for a custom setting, but sometimes the wait is well worth it.

BE1HOB_white_cushion_top_lg.jpg

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
That Tacori setting is very pretty and quite unusual. Most halos are made up of round melee

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beverley K will do modifications so I would definitely call Pearlmans if you really are interested in that setting. Now is a great time to buy b/c you can get 20% off. If it''s not exactly what you want that I would hold off, save up and get what you really want from the get go.

Lizzrd02

Rough_Rock
CBL- I love that setting too! I actually contacted Pearlman''s one time to see if they would make it for a radiant for my sister. They said it would be absolutely no problem...so I get the feeling that it would be pretty reasonable to have it modified.

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the replies everyone! I actually ended up contacting Pearlman''s and they said that the ring I inquired about could be made to fit a round diamond. The only thing I''m concerned about now is quality of Beverly K? I know I shouldn''t just go by stock pictures, but it seems to me that in some shots the miligrain looks wavy/uneven. Does anyone know if this is the case with this designer or is it really just bad pictures?

I''m still sort of leaning toward custom. If the above is an issue, I may have to in the end.

Thanks again
1.gif

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Lizzrd--I love it too!! I am seriously considering going with it for a re-set but can''t decide if I want the asscher halo...may stick with the more traditional round halo.

At any rate, Turboflgrl--regarding Bev K, I think the settings are gorgeous and high quality. However, they are distinctly vintage in design. Some of the other setting ideas posted for you are definitely more modern and clean looking, at least to me. But that is also the appeal of Bev K; the settings just have this timeless heirloom look. I can''t speak to the ''perfect-ness'' of the milgrain but Pearlmans has sent my pics of some of the settings I''m interested in and they appear to be just lovely.

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the reassurance, CBL. The one thing I love about the Beverly K designs is the "antique" quality they have which is what I''m looking for. I''ve seen a few posted on PS before and they looked just fine so I assume it was probably just a bad stock photo.

At any rate, thanks to everyone who responded. You''ve definitely given me some food for thought
1.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I love your future setting style! The Beverly K. suggested by CBL is beautiful as well! I''ve seen some Beverly K. pieces in real life and they were quite lovely. And the price on Pearlman''s is awesome since it''s also 20% off. It looks like an awesome deal! I think if you''re going for the vintage feel, you''re in the right direction. I personally didn''t see any issues with my friend''s e-ring milgrain as you see in the pictures on the website. Good luck on your choices, Turbo!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
knoxjewelers.biz has many octagon halos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results