shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me save some money on the setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shlo_mo_shun

Rough_Rock
So the E-ring is in a temporary setting, and my Fiance loves the rock. It''s a 1.26 H&A ACA from Whiteflash. She has tiny fingers, 3.75 so it looks really great on her.

Now comes the shopping for the permanent setting. She''s coming home to visit next week, and we''re going shopping at least 1 night to look specifically at the Michael B Princess, which is her favorite setting she''s seen in magazines by far. I know nothing of rings designs but just curious if any of you know of some other designers that make something similar?
We''re going to look into Greenlake Jewelers for custom, since they are in town, but if there''s others we should look at, I''d love to know. I tried to sell her on one of the Whiteflash ones that''s most similar, but she said she''d really need to see it in person to know. Do they do anything like that? Send a sample out so you can see it? I dunno.
We''ll see when we look, but right now we''re thinking the Petite Princess would look better on her tiny fingers better than the standard Princess. Either way, between the e-ring setting, adn the wedding band, we''re looking at upwords of 5-6k. That''s alot more than I was planning to spend, and with the stone being a recent purchase, as well as our wedding staring us down next June, which we will need to kick in some money to afford, I''m feeling the pinch.
She is understanding of her expensive tastes, and has offered to help pay, but the male-ego in me doesn''t think that''s right. I know, once we''re married it doesn''t really matter, since everything is shared, but still.... One other thing she''s mentioned is waiting till the 1 year anniversary to buy the band. Is that common now-a-days? It still doesnt'' feel right to me, but would certainly solve the problem and let us not worry about budget.
If we could just keep costs in the 4k range, I think I''ll be able to swing it, but much more and I''ll have to be creative, or cut into other savings I don''t want to touch. Anyways, anyone have any other designers we should look at for something similar. She definitely doesn''t go for anything that''s ''chanel-set'' looking. She''ll want it to be thin and simple, with a minimum of metal showing around the diamonds, basically exactly what the Princess is.

Thanks in advance.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Instead of paying for MB, I''d choose Leon Mege. The price is probably better and I would think the quality would be equal. There are many threads on here with Leon rings. Here is his site:

www.artofplatinum.com

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you might also check out the Pearlman''s collection on pearlmans website. they carry Michael b, but also have their own similar line which is more affordable. I would also get a quote from them on the real Michael b if that is what she wants. they are very competitive when it comes to pricing and it never hurts to ask.

leon mege is wonderful too, but unless you are in NY there is no way to see or try on his pieces in person.

GirlNY

Rough_Rock
I would definitely go with the Ritani. When my fiance was shopping he compared it to Michael B''s and found the ritani
to be more elegant, the prongs much thinner, and the price much better...about $2500

http://shop.baileybanksandbiddle.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2091833&cp=&pg=1&numResultsPerPage=22&sr=1&origkw=ritani&kw=ritani&parentPage=search&searchId=18614117723

Also, I have a 1.6 princess in that ritani setting with 4.25 finger size and it looks amazing on women with smaller hands...or so i''ve been told
26.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/26.gif" border=0>

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I went and looked at the setting on the Micahel B site----very pretty setting! Seems to me it would be fairly easy to have someone do this setting for you........fishtail pave is basically what it is, right??? I LOVE the look soooo much. Have had many flashing regrets of not doing this look instead of my plain solitaire with shared prong eternity wedding band...ANYHOW! WF has a setting that reminds me of the Micahel B she likes:
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Harmony-Engagement-Ring_1136.htm

I know I've seen several other gorgeous fishtail pave rings on here form WF and others. It might save you at least a little $ to go with someone other than Micahel B......Leon is a GREAT suggestion too, his work is absolutely AmAzInG!

Here's a pic of the WF setting that reminds me of the Michael B princess settings---I'm sure they could change out the head (although I think the letago head on this is STUNNING):

WF Harmony ERing Setting.jpg

GirlNY

Rough_Rock
One more thing. If she wants to try on the Ritani in person, Pearlman''s will most likely send out a setting for her to try by mail. That''s where my fiance got mine and it was cheaper than at most retailers, $2200 for the setting and about $1900 for the matching band, which isn''t the actual price, but if you get both with him, he may knock the price of the band down a bit for you.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/ritani-jewelry/rings/06QQ1/

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 9:36:17 AM
Author: Jenn5504
I went and looked at the setting on the Micahel B site----very pretty setting! Seems to me it would be fairly easy to have someone do this setting for you........fishtail pave is basically what it is, right??? I LOVE the look soooo much. Have had many flashing regrets of not doing this look instead of my plain solitaire with shared prong eternity wedding band...ANYHOW! WF has a setting that reminds me of the Micahel B she likes:
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Harmony-Engagement-Ring_1136.htm

I know I''ve seen several other gorgeous fishtail pave rings on here form WF and others. It might save you at least a little $ to go with someone other than Micahel B......Leon is a GREAT suggestion too, his work is absolutely AmAzInG!

Here''s a pic of the WF setting that reminds me of the Michael B princess settings---I''m sure they could change out the head (although I think the letago head on this is STUNNING):
If you''re on a budget, I would totally go with Whiteflash. They make beautiful custom pieces that are reasonably priced. Leon Mege makes amazing rings but from what I''ve heard, he is not the person you go to if you are on a budget. His pave is very well done, but expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results