shape
carat
color
clarity

Heirloom Bling: MY RIGHT HAND RING!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Blueroses!! Beautiful ring!! It looks perfect!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jelly!!! (And btw, I LOVE your avatar....every time I see a post of yours I start humming "thank you for being a friend")

9.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 2:51:17 AM
Author: blueroses
Thanks Jelly!!! (And btw, I LOVE your avatar....every time I see a post of yours I start humming ''thank you for being a friend'')

9.gif
LOL don''t you just love the golden girls?

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Blueroses! I love it! I''m such a sucker for the antique setting styles! It''s funny how memories seem to be able to be stored in gems isn''t it?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!! Love the style and the stone looks great in that setting.

Yay!

Also, very cute puppy!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Blueroses-

What a great ring! I am such a big fan of antique-y, Art-Deco-ish settings. And how nice that everytime you wear it you are carrying a little piece of your darling aunt with you- that is very special! But that ring is truly AMAZING and UNIQUE....SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BlueRoses!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

What can be said except that you have impeccable taste! That ring is DIVINE. What a special and beautiful way to honor your aunt! I love heirlooms and think that yours is one of the nicest I''ve ever seen! It really jumped out at me from that line-up of bling from your breakfast the other day.
10.gif
I love that Deco bezel style...very eye-catching and classy! YAY!!!!

And more pics, please!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely and unique ring and it carries special memories for you to treasure! It was obviously "meant to be".

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
****SAH-WEET HOPPIN'' HALO-PHATS****
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

It''s perfectly octagonalICIOUS. METAL HALOS RULE!!!!
So
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
fo'' ya!
CONGRATS!

p.s. - I have no idea how you gals get such great doggie shots. My Tallulah: VERY uncooperative when the photo session seems bling-focused rather than Diva Dog Beauty-focused. Somehow she SENSES it!
3.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I like the RHR! And shame on you, taking pictures while you drive! haha I espeically likd the flower shots (and ring commentary). I wish my dog would stand still for pictures!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
That''s perfect, just beautiful! Do you feel your aunt smiling down on you and your ring?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Blueroses, what a perfect match for your wonderful stone. Together they make a gorgeous ring!! Everything works just right when something is meant to be and this setting was meant to be with your stone. Congratulations!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
You''re right--it does look much bigger than the carat weight. Beautiful. I saw it in your breakfast thread, but thought it was one of your friend''s rings.

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Blueroses,

the ring trunrned out phenominal!!!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Blue, I LOVE the picture of your ring on Tessa
9.gif
She is so sweet! I think standard size poodles are so beautiful. I don''t think she minds wearing that bling on her nose at all
3.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Blue, i love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant get over how big it looks next to your friends e-ring. Its absolutely gorgeous... I love everything about it... the sentiment behind the diamond, the setting... its all perfect!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT blue!!!! it looks fab.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to see THIS one again!
31.gif
31.gif

bluerosesRHR.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Blue,

Your new ring looks amazing! What a fabulous addition to the octagonal halo club!
36.gif

That was kismet indeed to find a setting that suited your lovely stone so perfectly! The detail on the setting is so lovely!

I''m so sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt, but I''m sure she''d be happy to know you''re wearing & enjoying her diamond.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
THANKS SO MUCH, jelly, tawn, littlelysser, Dani, KristyDarling, Sundial, DecoDelighted, Snooper, glitterata, Catmom, lizz, familystone, Sunkist, njc, Mara, and BrightSpot!!!! I appreciate all the kind words and compliments--you guys are great!!

Deco, I think you have added to new exclamations to my vocabulary!! Woohoo!! I think I just got lucky with Tessa holding still--she's usually going about 80mph so I caught her at a mellow moment.

BrightSpot, this means I'm *gulp* really in the Octagonal Halo Club now???!! Really for real!! You like me, you really like me!
31.gif

So I've taken a few more pics but now I have to wait for the batteries again before I can post. It is HARD to get good ones!! We have some gorgeous flowers right now but not many of them are the right angle to hold up the ring--there's some HUGE hollyhocks I'd love to "pose" with the ring but it didn't work. But there will be more coming soon!!

Thanks again to everyone who has been so great here and on the other thread!!

(ETA: I just changed my avatar for like, 3 seconds, but I've changed it back--it just wasn't a good enough shot of the bling to get rid of the Swayze!!)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is truly stunning - I just adore the setting you chose. Those sapphires on the sides make such a unique accent! Love it!

I didn't know Swayze was in your avatar - I thought it was a woman in a black dress.
emembarrassed.gif
9.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Simply gorgeous! The setting looks like it was made for the diamond. I love Deco jewelry, and that octagonal head and triangular sapphires are fabulous. It''s so nice that you will be able to wear such a beautiful and special momento of your dear Aunt.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Thanks so much, Kay and FireGoddess!!!

FG, that is REALLY funny!!! My avatar is an old relic of the long ago Ladies in Waiting Thread (in the old days when we didn't have our own forum) and we somehow got on a dirty dancing kick....anyway, the bluepoodle taking Jennifer Grey's place with Patrick Swayze was the genius brainchild of Lovey and Starset and I'm very attached to it. But it is REALLY funny that the distortion makes it look like a woman in a black dress!!!
4.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 5:31:49 PM
Aw, Thanks so much, Kay and FireGoddess!!!

FG, that is REALLY funny!!! My avatar is an old relic of the long ago Ladies in Waiting Thread (in the old days when we didn''t have our own forum) and we somehow got on a dirty dancing kick....anyway, the bluepoodle taking Jennifer Grey''s place with Patrick Swayze was the genius brainchild of Lovey and Starset and I''m very attached to it. But it is REALLY funny that the distortion makes it look like a woman in a black dress!!!
4.gif
OMG, all this time I thought that Swayze was Jennifer in your avatar. Eek.

Your ring is lovely. I am so glad the setting worked out...it does seem like the stars aligned for you! We need more handshots!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Heehee. Here''s the fullsize avatar since it clearly is really hard to decipher in the distorted view!!!

Thanks TG......I have so far not taken any very good handshots....have to keep trying!!!! How are your gorgeous twin cushions doing?
30.gif

babybluemepoodle2.JPG

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
I seriously love this look!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 6:30:15 PM
Heehee. Here''s the fullsize avatar since it clearly is really hard to decipher in the distorted view!!!

Thanks TG......I have so far not taken any very good handshots....have to keep trying!!!! How are your gorgeous twin cushions doing?
30.gif
My twins are doing well. My mother came by today and it was obvious she was having a tough day (my father is very sick and she takes care of him around the clock since he refuses any nursing care). My future in law''s just left town after two weeks and it had been awhile since I had seen my mom.

So I caved. I just figured today is a good day to give it to her. It just seemed right. I won''t hijack your thread here too much and will start another one at some point, but suffice it to say, she was absolutely positively over the moon. She cried a lot and was so thrilled. I made the right decision to buy it and give it to her. She actually was VERY happy I didn''t give it to her on my wedding eve, as she cried so much that she said she would have been very angry at me for making her look swollen and puffy for my wedding day.
41.gif

I look forward to seeing those hand shots. I know you have been working on this for awhile, so it really did put a big smile on my face to see it, especially after all you have been through lately.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it turned out perfect blue, love the stone in that setting..

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Blue~That is so gorgeous! I too love antique rings, and you have wonderful taste! I wish I could share my WG antique ring (great grandmother''s ering) but my cell phone doesn''t do it justice. Nice goin girl!!!
~Megan =)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Aw TravelingGal that is WONDERFUL news about giving your mom her ring......I''m glad you went with your gut and just went for it--what an amazing way to honor her!!!! HOORAY!!! And thanks very much for your nice comments too!!

Thanks to you too MrsSalvo
9.gif
--you (and Kaleigh and others) have been there from the beginning on this project!!

OK guys, more pictures coming up tonight!!! Took some CD shots, handshots, random produce shots and am getting all sized up and purty!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results