shape
carat
color
clarity

harry winston ering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

harlowqueen

Rough_Rock
So after much anticipation...my boyfriend proposed on Friday night with this beautiful vision. I don''t have all of the specs as the cert is at his place, but here are the basics:

2.04 carat
square emerald
F, VS1

Just had to share b/c I know a lot of different people have posted things in the past interested in the classic HW setting. Well, here it is!

HWring.jpg

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!

And that's a *nice* ring
3.gif
love.gif
... Wear it in good health!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Downright dreamy. Love it!

cheers

slb

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Beautiful ring!

I'd love to see pictures of the ring from different views if you have them... I'm sure it has a stunning profile. Post more if you can!

Best wishes to you!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That is a real beauty. More Pics, More Pics.
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Nan

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your Engagement!
What a beatiful ring!
More pics!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring. Love those asschers. Yours is gorgeous. More pics please. From all angles so we can drool properly. LOL Congrats and best wishes.

Shay

harlowqueen

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of your nods of approval. I wish I was a better photographer and knew how to use my digital sony because the pics I have taken thus far really does not do the ring justice. Any suggestions on how to get a good photo would be greatly appreciated. All of the pics I've taken are using the macro function, but I still can't seem to get a truly brilliant photo...

Anyhow, here are a few more...

hwside1.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I love the square emerald...and that is a stunner! What a way to make the most of that icy F color and nice & clean VS1 clarity but with a beautiful step cut like this!
love.gif
Have you seen the square emerald eternity bands out there? Hmmm..........
naughty.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful ring! I LOVE the step cut.

One thing, is it just me or does that side view picture show that the diamond is set crooked?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Elegant classic setting and what a beautiful stone..Congratulations
1.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous classic setting and beautiful diamond!
love.gif

But I have to concur with Mara about the crooked setting, the whole thing just looks skewed, saw it immediately when looking at the side view.

harlowqueen.jpg

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
love.gif
Love....the cut...the setting. What a stunner..congrats..congrats! What more can I say the ring is perfect!

harlowqueen

Rough_Rock
Tomatoe and Mara:

Hmmm, I see what you mean. In the pictures it does look a little off but when I look at it in person it looks fine. I've tried to measure it to see if they are the same height from the base of the crown to the top of the prong, and they measure exactly the same. Am I measuring it right?

Should I bring it back in to the store to have them fix it? Can they fix it? Although I don't like the idea of parting with it for one minute!

I am having problems attaching some other pictures of it I have so it may take me awhile longer.

And Jennifer5973, I have seen the emerald eternity bands out there! That is the most perplexing thing at this point is trying to figure out what sort of band to put with it. I would like something with diamonds on it, but I would like the band to remain relatively thin, as my fingers are short and not to detract from the ering itself.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
That is such a classic, elegant ring!
love.gif

I Love the Asscher/square emerald look now! Have you seen the square emerald wedding band at Daniel K That would look dreamy with the simplicity and clean lines of your e-ring!

Congrats to you both and thanks so much for the lovely pictures...

Maybe you had your ring sitting crooked or a bit to the right when taking that specific side-view, that's why it LOOKs a bit crooked...That's what it looked like to me...
confused.gif

Either way, I LOVE YOUR RING!!!
appl.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Help I'm Blind, I'm Blind. Too much sparkle to handle this morning must get coffee. Ohh my eyes, my eyes.
naughty.gif
errrr.gif
naughty.gif
errrr.gif
naughty.gif
errrr.gif

nan

harlowqueen

Rough_Rock
Nicrez:

That Daniel K ring is beautiful...I hadn't seen that before! I'd like to find out where it is in NY so I can go try it on!

I also looked at the picture again and I think (in my totally untrained eye) the setting looks crooked because of where the flash relected on the prongs. ON the left side the light relection sits higher up than it does on the right side, which makes it look like the setting is crooked. It really doesn't look that way in person...I promise!

Harlowqueen

PS--for all of those who have ever really wondered whether or not they could afford a HW ring...you'll be happy to know that while the sticker price on the ring was hefty we managed to pay 30% less than sticker. For those who ever considered spending their money at Tiffany's--we looked there too. Bottom line was that Harry Winston carried better stones, were much more friendly, and honestly, in the end, were more affordable! We would go back to HW any day before we would ever go to Tiffany's for such a large purchase.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Sorry honey, I have to go away for a few days. I've met a new man... his name is Harry.
9.gif

Nan

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
HQ! What an absolutely beautiful ring!
appl.gif
So icy and HUGE!
6.gif

As for the "crooked" comments, it looks just as you said, the flash from the camera was higher on one side on the side view. It is hard to take a pic perfectly straight on, and it looks straight and perfect on your hand. You know what they say, if it isn't broken, don't fix it!!!

Congrats and best wishes! It is a beautiful ring!

PS: I like Nicrez's suggestion on the Daniel K!! WOW!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Emerald cuts are one of my favorite... so classic. I love your ring! Congratulations on your engagement

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Harlowqueen, I am really glad the setting is not actually crooked.
9.gif
I certainly did not intend any maliciousness in my reply and I am incredibly happy & excited for you the way only a complete stranger who is totally obsessed with diamonds can be.
5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes sometimes the optical illusion on a setting can be odd...sometimes I think my prongs are crooked but when I turn the ring around to look at that side, the other side looks crooked. I am just VERY paranoid about things like that! Figured I'd mention it because if it was crooked, now is the time to get it fixed!

The next time you take it in to cleaned at HW, I would just have them check the prongs as well and also check for symmetry...no harm in making 1000% sure!
1.gif
You should have them check the prongs anyway every 6 months.

Interesting that you note you paid 30% less than sticker. Did you have a friend there or was that just excellent negotiation tactics. Please share!

Oh and I 3rd the motion on the Daniel K step cut eternity ring, saw that in a bridal mag this week and I am in LOVE.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhh! Nothing like a gorgeous EC. Especially a HW!
2.gif
That setting is so elegant and the ring looks stunning on your finger!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results