shape
carat
color
clarity

Hand pics of my wedding set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
We finally got a digital camera and I just took some hand shots of my ring. I posted some pics from the jeweler a couple of weeks ago here.

2006_0126MevsRing0002.JPG

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
I''m having a hard time getting good shots. Does anyone else have a Fuji F10? I''m not sure what settings I should be using.
I almost wish I hadn''t found this site - I''m feeling down in the dumps about my set because I know I could have gotten something that suited me better!

2006_0126MevsRing0003.JPG

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!it''s so GORGEOUS
36.gif
36.gif

jewelia

Rough_Rock
I LOVE your wedding band and your GIANT rock!
30.gif
The set is blingariffic!

What kind of re-set were you thinking about? Are you going to keep the same rocks?

/Julia

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's gorgeous- What would you rather have gotten?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Holy Smokes!! That''s some serious bling!!! What are the stats on your rings?

Heather

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s alota bling!!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love, love, love your set!
30.gif
30.gif

Okay, now that I''ve cleaned up my drool, what don''t you like about your set? Did I mention that I think it''s drop dead gorgeous?
31.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I think your photos are FANTASTIC! The only advice I can give on using a digital camera is to make sure it is in macro mode. But from the looks of your excellent pics, I think you have it all figured out
2.gif

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys - you all are so sweet!
1.gif

I would really really really like something more dainty looking. I am definitely going to keep the e-ring stone because I think the size is perfect on my hand (I''m a size 5 and it''s a 2 carat). But I really want thinner bands...they are just too chunky right now. I don''t know what I was thinking when I chose the settings. The wedding band stones are about ~.4 carats each and since I want pave, I''m not sure what I will do with those stones; maybe sell them or make a pendant or something.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I agree with using your wedding band as a RHR. It would be awesome!
30.gif
Can you take a hand pic with the wedding band by itself?

Heather

jewelia

Rough_Rock
Your big rock will look fantastic in any setting. But since I personally like dainty settings, I can''t wait to see what you chose. I would definitely want that wedding band as a right hand ring, though.
31.gif
Unless you already have one? In which case, I demand pictures immediately.
25.gif

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
Heather here''s a shot of the band alone...

Date: 1/26/2006 11:02:45 PM
Author: hlmr
30.gif

Heather

2006_0126msRing0001.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ADORE your engagement ring, it''s beautiful and classic but I agree the diamonds are way too big in the w-ring band and detract from your fab engagement ring stone!! I totally think making it a RHR is a great idea and getting something similar with smaller stones would be very classic and stunning!!

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
The wait is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long!
8.gif
My hubby agreed we could change my setting on our 5th anniversary and we just celebrated our first year.

Date: 1/26/2006 11:06:57 PM
Author: jewelia
Your big rock will look fantastic in any setting. But since I personally like dainty settings, I can''t wait to see what you chose. I would definitely want that wedding band as a right hand ring, though.
31.gif
Unless you already have one? In which case, I demand pictures immediately.
25.gif

jewelia

Rough_Rock
Well, your current set is really beautiful and impressive! And I''ll bet the sparkle is AMAZING. I know everytime I see another beautiful ring on this site (which is pretty much every day), I want another one. I just love all sparkley things and this site is a bad influence.
9.gif
I wish I had 20 ring fingers.

If you''re unhappy, I like Mara''s idea of just getting another wedding band to bring focus to the ering rock. I''d take my time and pick out my next set and then ask for that wband to wear with your current ering for your next birthday/anniversary/Valentine''s Day/Christmas.
11.gif
Since your ering is classic and beautiful, any band would look good. Then after a few years you could get your ering reset to match the wband.

BUT, still I love your fabulous bling.
30.gif
Pretty, pretty.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
ILB,
In the mean time I would take a look at SP and get a thin shared prong eternity band. I agree the wedding band should be a RHR as it overwhelms your gorgeous ering. Just my 0.2
2.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Nice set but I agree with the others that maybe if you check out a smaller wedding band it won''t compete with your diamond. Don''t worry 4 years flys by fast. It did for me.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Both your rings are gorgeous in their own right and I agree that your 5-stone ring would look great on it''s own as a right hand ring because currently it detracts from your center stone (which is a crime when you have such a fabulous 2ct stone). Your 2ct needs center stage and therefore a gold band or else smaller diamonds in an eternity band would work fab. You''re a very lucky lady, your rings are beautiful. Please don''t feel down in the dumps about anything, you''ve got great taste. There are many of us here who would love to own your rings.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Both rings are REALLY gorgeous - you should feel great about that!

But I agree with the consensus here ... if you were to wear your e-ring with a plain narrow band for now, it would really make your e-ring diamond POP, and that wouldn''t be an expensive change at all.

If you''re feeling bad about changing your e-ring so early in your marriage, you and your husband could make it special by having it engraved inside.

The 5-stone ring would be a beautiful complement as a RHR.

Lucky girl! Hope this helps!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I also agree, the proportions between the 2 rings could be better.

In the meantime, while waiting for that 5th anniversary, if you don''t want to spend the $$ at the moment, could you keep the 5-stone as your wedding ring and move the engagement ring to your right hand? Many women wear just the wedding ring on the left and e-ring on the right. Both rings would stand out on their own, and it would still be obvious that you are married since you''d have your wedding ring on the appropriate finger.
1.gif

Five years will fly by in no time!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or, since the e-ring is set in a wide band, wear that as the wedding ring and wear the 5 stone on the right hand. I think it''s great to have the diamond band to wear alone on either hand! But I agree, a thin diamond band would compliment that beautiful diamond in the e-ring more. Maybe he''d agree to just the thin w-band and change out the e-ring setting later. You could save that current e-ring setting and have a gorgeous sapphire set in it! We wouldn''t want to waste it, now would we?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely agree with Mara and others. Both of your rings are fabulous but compete when together. I love the proportions of your ER and think that a much smaller version of your WR would look fantastic and of course move that WR to the RH!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2006 11:12:31 PM
Author: ilovebling
Heather here''s a shot of the band alone...

Date: 1/26/2006 11:02:45 PM
Author: hlmr
30.gif

Heather

Thanks for the pic ilovebling!! Just gorgeous! Definitely it would look awesome on your right hand. Could you get a plain band for now to go with the solitaire - would your DH mind that?

Heather

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe I just clicked on your other thread and saw you said you liked my set and Slammie''s...it''s so funny how the grass is always greener!!

right now i am lamenting that with my super blingy ring set that sometimes the center stone seems to get ''lost'' amidst all the sparkle. i feel like the center stone never looks large enough. yesterday i tried on a solitaire 2.12 and it was beautiful and looked huge, but i can guarantee that same stone on my ring set just would not look as large.

so the grass is definitely greener, i adore your wide simple classic band with the 2c, it looks massive on your hand!

que sera sera!! enjoy your set...but if you can get a plain band to go with your e-ring even just to switch things up a bit sometimes, visually it''s kind of fun to have another option. and it would not have to be expensive.

good luck!!

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your suggestions. I think I am going to just wear them on separate hands until I can change the settings.
I''ve been having lots of fun playing w/ my camera...and I will be adding all the ring ones - sorry! :)

2006_0127testshots0002.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results