shape
carat
color
clarity

Guesses on how old this ruby/diamond ring is?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
A relative had this ring made years ago. We are unsure of what era it was from-- we're guessing 30-50 years old.

It's white gold, ruby, and diamond (I think). It has not been cleaned yet.

I hope the photos are ok, let me know if I show take more.

Would this be more of an every day ring, than cocktail? (I'm a casual dressing college student.)

Any ideas on the decade, styling, etc. of this ring?

Picture 1, of 4:

IMG_0861.jpg

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
EDIT: Please look at Picture 4, the bottom one. It's much better!

Picture #2:

IMG_0859ring.jpg

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ruby ring! I''m not sure how old it might be though-- you might want to post this in the Timeless Classics forum.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
westjenn,

Thanks for the reply, and the compliment! :)

Can I move this to the Timeless Classics section, or do I post it again there?

I wasn't sure if I liked this ring when I first got it, but the other relatives suggested I choose this one. Somehow it looks a bit costume jewelry-like to me (then again, what do I know about jewelry?!). It's beginning to grow on me (and has a lot of sentiment, anyway).

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2010 1:31:46 AM
Author: ringthings
westjenn,

Thanks for the reply, and the compliment! :)

Can I move this to the Timeless Classics section, or do I post it again there?

I wasn''t sure if I liked this ring when I first got it, but the other relatives suggested I choose this one. Somehow it looks a bit costume jewelry-like to me (then again, what do I know about jewelry?!). It''s beginning to grow on me (and has a lot of sentiment, anyway).
Not quite sure if you would post it again in that forum-- I''m thinking that it has to be moved from one to the other though. I hope you can find out more info soon
1.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea on the details, but it''s a very pretty ring
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring. Seems like the prefect "fun" piece to accentuate your regular causal clothing style. The ring''s fun and it has history to it!

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I haven''t yet found out more details on it, but I might have to see if my family remembers anything really about it. One estimated the cost on it, and said it was designed by our relative, but I''m not sure. It''s nice to have an heirloom trinket, anyway. I have gold wedding bands from both grandmas, and have no idea what to do with those. This ring, at least, I can wear. :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nothing intelligent to say but YUM!

cheers--Sharon

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Its beautiful! You also might want to post this in Colored Stones. We love rubies over there
30.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I love it!! I love anything in a floral design. It''s very pretty. I''d wear it all the time.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
joflier,
Thanks. It would probably have had to have been after the 1940s when my relative would have been old enough. But, it does seem like very old styling. She had it designed. Maybe she took inspiration from the 1920s? I''ve looked online, and can''t find anything quite like it (though the floral-type design is/was popular). Hm..

Novel,
Thanks. Is there a post over there where everyone puts their colorful ring pics?

Miraclerules,
Thank you, too. I''m thinking it''ll be a good generic/daily ring, too. That''s how the relative wore it, though she was always nicely dressed. I''d be afraid I''d scratch the thing, but since I have it, I guess I might as well wear and enjoy it. :)

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
I''ve dated it back to the early 1950s from photos so far..

The stones are vintage (antique?) from a previous ring. The relative had this ring made with those old stones, designed herself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results