shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the ring...now waiting on Telluride, CO!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
This is a shot of the three rings on her hand as they''ll be worn...

IMG_1143s.JPG

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
And finally, this is a shot of the one wedding band and her E ring together on her hand. This is how she''ll wear her rings for another year and four months before she gets her "one year wedding anniversary gift" of the second band. It''ll be interesting to see how patient she can be!!
11.gif

P.S. Sorry the last picture was so blurry...I was quickly snapping the shots while we were at the jeweler''s.

IMG_1145s.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
W
30.gif
W! Now that is a gorgeous setting that anyone would be proud to wear! Great job, and how sweet of you to order a second "surprise" band for your anniversary!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there!

I think the key thing here is that she loves it! I love it too. Congratulations for working so hard to come up with such a lovingly designed and thought about set. A huuuge success.

My only opinion to express is to NOT make her wait for the second band. Maybe it would be a nice surprise for the wedding day, when you are together in the moments after the ceremony when she is wearing the one band, and before the reception. In my opinion, that ring set is most glorious when all are worn together. It''s perfect that way. And it was designed by Tacori and you to be that way. With just one band, the symmetry isn''t as spot on. This way, she could show off the set during the reception, when everyone and their uncle will be grabbing her hand to check it out. It will never be as viewed as on that day....why not make it count!

Best wishes, and congrats!

GemLover67

Rough_Rock
That is a stunning set of rings. I love Tacori sets. Thanks for sharing the pics.
1.gif

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
I am sure she will be patient... YEAH RIGHT!!!
21.gif
I say after 6 months she is going to be ITCHING to get the final piece on and rationalizing why you should just do it now instead of at year 1. lol
31.gif

The set is simply devine and she is one LUCKY, beautiful woman!!!
10.gif

Congrats on your engagment!!!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember your thread because I thought that was one of the prettiest engagement rings I had seen on here! And then you posted the pictures of your beautiful fiance!

I will have to tell you that I generally do not like notched wedding bands, so it won''t be exactly fair for me to comment on these. I just strongly prefer a straight band even when it means there''ll be a little gap between them. But in any event, I agree with the thought that it doesn''t look right with just one notched band. It really looks incomplete. So I am personally in favor of giving her both on the wedding day, since as someone else said, many people will be taking her hand to look at her rings that day, and it won''t look right with just one of them. Just get earrings or something for the first anniversary!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 5:28:24 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I remember your thread because I thought that was one of the prettiest engagement rings I had seen on here! And then you posted the pictures of your beautiful fiance!

I will have to tell you that I generally do not like notched wedding bands, so it won''t be exactly fair for me to comment on these. I just strongly prefer a straight band even when it means there''ll be a little gap between them. But in any event, I agree with the thought that it doesn''t look right with just one notched band. It really looks incomplete. So I am personally in favor of giving her both on the wedding day, since as someone else said, many people will be taking her hand to look at her rings that day, and it won''t look right with just one of them. Just get earrings or something for the first anniversary!
2.gif

ditto diamondseeker. I''m a huge straight band fan too and I agree with you that the bands do kinda make it look like an oval. But, if she loves them than that is all that matters. I think wallermama''s idea of surprising her at the wedding with the second band too is great b/c it really needs both bands to look complete.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I have to echo the sentiments above; I''m a straight band girl. That being said, gorgeous rings! I do see what you mean about the bands giving the appearance that her center stone is an oval. That would bother me but if she loves it, that''s all that matters!

I do agree that she should wear BOTH wedding bands though from day one. It does look incomplete or rather...lopsided with just one wedding band.

For your 1 year anniversary, an anniversary band for her right hand, earrings or a bracelet are better options!

Love it though!

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Well, I have to agree with all of you (and I value and appreciate everyone''s opinions). The problem that I faced was that I, too, was a straight band person but don''t particularly like when there''s a gap between E ring and band. So, we tried to meet in the middle and let Tacori come up with a solution to satisfy. As I said earlier, in the end it all boils down to the fact that my FI is happy...and that makes me happy!
9.gif

And, to tell you the truth, I came home from work this evening to find her trying on the band again with the E ring and I really liked it when looking at it from an everyday perspective. That''s to say that I can become overly critical when looking at the rings over and over again in the highly magnified/macro settings that a camera can capture. So, just looking at the E ring with the single band with my naked eyes and from a "normal" distance made us both quite happy.

The idea about giving her the second band for a wedding day present is a great idea!! Having said that, it''ll have to be a "game-time" decision as I hadn''t planned on having to fully pay for it for another year and we''re already booked and budgeted for a week long stay for our wedding in St. Lucia followed by a week long honeymoon to Antigua. So, as you can imagine, the wallet is tight and this is all I''m seeing...
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif

Even with that the case, you never know...maybe when we''re dancing to our first dance on the beach with the steel drum band in the background, she can look down on her set of THREE rings!!
28.gif

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Just for fun, this is another picture that''s in a little better focus with just her one band on...

I''m starting to think that I really like the look!

img_1146s.jpg

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
And here''s one last super-macro close up that I really like!! I''m trying to fight it, but I think I''m becoming addicted to trying to capture the best shots of her rings...help me!!

img_1148s.jpg

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Oh yeah, and just to even things up a bit, here''s a picture of my new Benchmark wedding band that I ordered through WhiteFlash. If you haven''t had the privilege of working with them, their reputation precedes them as their customer service is top notch!

img_1152s.jpg

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
It''s certainly not as blingy as the fiancee''s, but it''s definitely my style. Faceted platinum center with 18k yellow gold trimming to match my gold college ring that I wear on my right hand...

img_1151s.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like your ring, too! Gee, a destination wedding AND another honeymoon? No wonder you''re seeing
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
! Sounds like fun, though!

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Alright, final post (and hand shot) for the night! After this, I'm going to have to go do some super-manly stuff like grill, drink a beer, eat some red meat, and maybe kick the dog!!

Just kidding about the dog part...he's my best little buddy!!
9.gif

img_1155s.jpg

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your band looks great! It''s cute to see a guy snapping pre-wedding shots. Proof that you get excited too
28.gif

Well, finances are finances. Could the jeweler lend you the ring for a night and then put it back on layaway?
2.gif

It is totally understandable if you need to wait a year. And that last shot of the ering + one band is really nice. Kind of like the RB has a happy little throne!

Once again, great work!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~The two bands w/ the e-ring are gorgeous...I bet she can''t wait to wear that second one!! Your band is perfect!!!
30.gif

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the responses...maybe if things work out, she can get to wear the second band earlier than anticipated. Who knows?? In the meantime, I''m just happy that she''s happy...she even likes the look of the single band!
36.gif

MJ

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 3:33:07 PM
Author: wallermama
Hi there!

I think the key thing here is that she loves it! I love it too. Congratulations for working so hard to come up with such a lovingly designed and thought about set. A huuuge success.

My only opinion to express is to NOT make her wait for the second band. Maybe it would be a nice surprise for the wedding day, when you are together in the moments after the ceremony when she is wearing the one band, and before the reception. In my opinion, that ring set is most glorious when all are worn together. It''s perfect that way. And it was designed by Tacori and you to be that way. With just one band, the symmetry isn''t as spot on. This way, she could show off the set during the reception, when everyone and their uncle will be grabbing her hand to check it out. It will never be as viewed as on that day....why not make it count!

I agree with this 100%. What a wonderful surprise on her wedding day. Maybe in the limo on the way to the reception. A special wonderful, calm, private moment between the two of you on a very wonderful, hectic, public day. Just a thought! (We girls have to stick together!!!
9.gif
)

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
Sorry, hadn''t finished the thread before I responded. TOTALLY understand the money thing! Good luck and it won''t matter to her anyway. She will be thrilled to get the one wedding band now and the other later if that is how it needs to be!

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/28/2006 2:26:57 PM
Author: diamondjunkie

Date: 7/27/2006 3:33:07 PM
Author: wallermama
Hi there!

I agree with this 100%. What a wonderful surprise on her wedding day. Maybe in the limo on the way to the reception. A special wonderful, calm, private moment between the two of you on a very wonderful, hectic, public day. Just a thought! (We girls have to stick together!!!
9.gif
)
A good thought here, diamondjunkie...we''ll have to see how it plays out and whether or not we can afford to have it a year in advance of the original plan. And, hopefully, the "hectic" day that you describe won''t be that way at all after a few cocktails before our seaside wedding in St. Lucia!
10.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2006 7:17:13 PM
Author: mj4fsu
Alright, final post (and hand shot) for the night! After this, I''m going to have to go do some super-manly stuff like grill, drink a beer, eat some red meat, and maybe kick the dog!!

Just kidding about the dog part...he''s my best little buddy!!
9.gif
9.gif
LOL! I agree, your band is beautiful (in a manly sort of way)!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results