shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the ring...now waiting on Telluride, CO!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
She''s going to love it! Good luck on the proposal!

portia

Brilliant_Rock

mj4fsu,

Congratulations! That''s a beautiful setting and stone. Gorgeous! And a proposal in Telluride! Oh my... I couldn''t imagine a better place. My fiance and I are getting married there in July. We love it out there.

Are you going to be skiing/snowboarding? If so, the snow should be fantastic... we just got back from Beaver Creek and the locals said it''s the best snow they''ve had in the last two decades!

Have fun and good luck. I''m sure it''s all going to be perfect!

36.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Moly!
30.gif
Just beautiful...

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning ring, I love the size and specs of the diamond. Fabulous. I hope you''ll come back and tell us all about the proposal in Telluride. I''m sure your girlfriend is going to be speechless. GOOD LUCK!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible fire, fantastic brilliance, SIZE , arrows and yummy double prongs, stunning band - what a winner!!!!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
3.gif
18.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous..your stone looks beautiful and the setting is perfect way to showcase it.

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Thank you SO much for everyone''s wonderful and overwhelming responses. While I''m thrilled with the ring as a whole, I absolutely value everyone''s opinion on here...as I''ve seen myriad rings on here of which any lady would be envious! I''ve had a truly educating experience shopping for and purchasing this ring and I''m glad to have it in hand and with that bit of pressure gone. Now, if I can only hold off on the butterflies in my stomach long enough to be somewhat articulate in telling my girlfriend how special she is to me...I think we''ll be OK!!
3.gif

Portia, for your reference, I''m including the link to my proposal idea that I submitted in that forum of PS. It''s gone through several iterations (with help from members on here) and will probably change again once in Telluride...who knows??? Regardless, in a setting like Colorado, I don''t think you can go wrong! Cross your fingers...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newbie-and-need-help-with-proposal-idea.38739/

Wow, AnaClare...just when you thought it was safe to post in a public forum...you get called out!! Glad to see you on here...just don''t tell your sister, brother-in-law, or any other mutual friends that you saw me posting here and what the plans are...I''d like to be the bearer of (hopefully) good news later!!
31.gif

Again, thanks SO much for all the invaluable feedback...I''ll be sure to post again after proposing with hand shots...as long as she gives the "right" answer!!
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I''m speechless!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
mj4fsu,

Thanks for the link! I''ll check it out when I get home from work. I''m sure whatever you do out there it''s going to be really special! It''s like a 2nd home to me so it''s really exciting to hear someone going out there for a trip.. especially an engagement trip. I can''t wait to hear all the details when you return!
1.gif

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
I guess you can say great minds think alike. It must be that connection we have.
17.gif
I''m sure she will say yes, you''re lucky like that.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
mj4fsu,

I just read your proposal thread. Proposing on the gondola will be magical! What a great idea! The gondola goes from town, then stops at the top of the mountain and then continues on to mountain village. At this first "stop" (the gondola slows, but still is moving so you can get off or on at this point), there is a wonderful restaurant called Allred''s. I''ve had many romantic dinners up there with my fiance. The dining room overlooks the town of Telluride. It''s absolutely beautiful and the food is fantastic. If you can call ahead and talk to the manager and let them know what you''re planning, you could probably reserve one of those window tables (although they say they can''t reserve them they may be able to make an exception for you).

Here''s the link if you''re interested: http://www.tellurideskiresort.com/TellSki/info/cb.ar.aspx

221 Oak is very good as well as Cosmopolitan, but I think Allred''s is my fav.

Also, the Golden Door Spa at the peaks is great for an apres ski couples massage!

Have fun!

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Wow Portia...GREAT information! I was actually directed to Allred''s by another friend of mine. I think I''m going to solicit the aid of the conciege at the condo that we''re staying and see if they can''t assist with some or any of the planning. Again, thanks for the great advice...I''m sure it''ll be magical however it turns out!

MJ

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
That ring is smokin!!!!!!!
18.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
That is an absolutely gorgeous ring, and I want to know what kind of digital camera you have to get pictures like that! I cannot get anything resembling those kind of pictures with my camera!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is absolutely stunning and Telluride will be an incredible location for your proposal. Good luck!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wahh! Another big honker! Like I said before I love these 1.8-2ct! Where are guys finding these 1.8 F VS2s?!!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, that is one BEAUT of a stone! Just gorgeous!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
How could I have neglected to compliment the setting as well? I love the surprise diamond and all the other little details as well!

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Coda72, I have a Canon Powershot SD300 Digital Elph camera. I used it in macro mode and it took some time, patience, steady hands and finally fguring out to keep pressing the button half way down to allow for the digital focus to finally find the diamond/setting to focus in on. The beauty of digital is that if you screw it up, you can delete and try again!!
3.gif

CareBear, I''ll say that I was very fortunate to find and secure my 1.84 rock. I''m now one week away from the trip and proposal and it''s getting harder and harder not to just hand over the ring to her and ask her on the spot...I want to see it on her hand so badly! It''s even more difficult after heading to Boca Raton this weekend for a friend''s wedding and having to deflect all of the "when are we ever going to get married??" questions!

Thanks again for all of the wonderful compliments on the stone/ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, rats! I was thinking it was this weekend and I was all excited thinking the hand shots had been posted! Lol! Please don''t forget to come back on here and not only post pictures, but also to tell us about your trip and proposal! I LOVE your ring!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a stunner!
That baby just pops!
36.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful. She will love it. Good luck with the proposal and have a fantastic vacation!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Oh what a beautiful stone and setting!! I LOVE how the first pic just showcases all the fire in the stone! It''s beautiful!!!

P.S. You wouldn''t happen to be a FSU Seminole would you???? UF Gator here all the way! hehehe
31.gif

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
LadyluvsLuxury: Thanks for the compliments, I really liked that picture as well and was pleasantly surprised that my camera could capture it in such a light. And by the way...I bleed garnet and gold!!
9.gif

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Well...I''m flying out early tomorrow morning (Monday) to Telluride...WISH ME LUCK!!!
32.gif

Hopefully, if everything goes well, I''ll be back next week to post hand shots!!

Take care,
MJ

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Totally awesome! Can''t wait to see hand pix best of luck to you!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
So how did the proposal at Telluride go?

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
MiniMouse et al, I''m so sorry to keep y''all in waiting regarding the hand pics but I''ve been inundated with work obligations following my week off! Additionally, my FIANCEE (that''s right...she said YES!!!)
9.gif
has been keeping me on my toes during my free time doing wedding planning!

OK, so here goes the proposal story...

Day 2 in Telluride started with our first day on the slopes. After putting the ladies into a morning private ski lesson, my g/f and I met back up for lunch at about noon. I told her that my knee was sore (which it actually was--it was surgically repaired in December for a torn ACL) and that I wanted to take the afternoon off to rest it, relax, and explore the actual town of Telluride while the others in the group finished their day on the slopes. That would ensure our privacy and not having to coordinate everyone else''s schedules to see what they''d like to do (that is how I sold her on the idea). Upon returning to our condo, we stopped by the concierge''s desk to see about getting a ride into town. While there, I mentioned to them that I "had heard" about some beautiful waterfall (I didn''t want to use it''s actual name in fear that it might trigger my g/f''s curiosity) that was nearby and asked if they knew anything about it. Of course they had, since they''re the ones that told me about it and were just playing along!
2.gif

So after a shower and a cocktail we had the concierge take us as far as it could on paved road toward the waterfall. After about a mile or so hike on snow covered nordic (cross-country) skiing trails we arrived alone to a beautiful mountain scene with Telluride''s famous "Bridal Veil Falls", which is apparently Colorado''s tallest free-falling waterfall, as our backdrop! The hike/walk was quiet, peaceful, stunningly beautiful, and allowed us the opportunity to enjoy each-other''s company and speak freely. Fortunately, she wanted to stop and take a picture of me sitting on a railing with the mountains and waterfall in the background, which we did. After I subsequently took a picture of her in the same position, I begun to tell her how I felt about her, how much I loved her, how she was my best friend and ultimate confidante, and how, although I had waited for that trip to Telluride for over three months, I had waited for that moment all of my life!! I got down on my knee and asked her to marry me!! She was already jumping up and down and immediately replied with an emphatic YES!!!
36.gif
The most difficult part was getting her to stop hugging me so I could present the ring. Once I did, I placed it on her shaking finger and she was absolutely BLOWN AWAY!! She was speachless and couldn''t stop staring at it with her jaw dropped...I couldn''t ask for a better response!!

Needless to say, we celebrated the rest of the week and enjoyed great company, great companionship, amazing scenery, wonderful dinners at Allred''s, and a perfectly-timed 41 inches of freshly dumped Colorado powder!! It just doesn''t get any better than that!! Thank you to everyone for all their support, engaging feedback to planning questions, etc. I''m on top of the world right now and I have the most amazing companion to join me! I''ll include several pictures in the following replies. I hope you enjoy them!!

MJ

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
What a romantic setting for your proposal!! And a gorgeous ring to boot! Congratulations!
emthup.gif

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Although I know she''ll kill me, I wanted to post this picture of my fiancee immediately before I proposed. How beautiful is she, as well as that backdrop???

IMG_0874s.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results