shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the ring- H&A in a Laureato knife edge... crap, now what....!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doppler

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Crap, I got the ring. Now what? Am I actually going to go through with it... spooky new territory, baby... i''m pondering now...

0.81 ACA H&A AGS ideal cut H SI1
Laureato knife edge setting...

The fluorescence is negligible, but dang if the little thing didn''t look blue in the sun the other day driving home from getting it checked by a jeweler friend. Frack it, I want a diamond now... one with major fluor too! stupid unequal sexes crap- too bad guy''s can''t wear a big fat diamond unless its in their ear. and then you can''t even see it yourself. This diamond seems to flicker a lot in certain lighting. At first I was rather disappointed since it was bright, but didn''t fire like I''ve seen others do- of course, i''m looking at it in my room with crappy overhead diffused lighting and holding it 5 inches from my face. but lo and behold, take it to a jewelry store and it rocks! and in sunlight it was all sparkly and flickery too. and my bathroom with stronger lights.

Pretty much eye clean from the top- very difficult to see even knowing where the big fat inclusion is unless I got tons and tons of light around. Inclusion is at the edge though and not in the table. but I can see the inclusion easily from the side when the diamond is between me and a light source. At least i can tell if the diamond is swapped or not. The other set of inclusions is under a prong, so no can see. Diamond looks colorless in the plat setting to me. No color, but not icey.

Anyhoo, since I''ve only seen on these forums one person w/ a Laureato setting (curved shank though) other than the stock WF pics, I thought I''d post some real life pics I took of it. The stock WF pics do not do the setting much justice, you need see it in real life (its a bit different, probably due to lighting). Hope the GF will ike it... Anyways, happy eye candy!... and forgive the blurry...

dang hard to get that arrows shot through that H&A viewer:
111.jpg

some setting pics
222.jpg

444.jpg

555.jpg

Since this is the first time i have a diamond this up close to me, I didn''t realize how much you can see the table at times- mirror effect w/ the lights. Not sure I like that, but I guess it comes with the territory...I''m just glad its not a 60 table.. even bigger!
888.jpg

Now for some funky pics!

777.jpg

666.jpg

kryptonite baby!
333.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous all round! Love the setting!!

cheers--Sharon

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Love the setting! It really accentuates your lovely stone!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Now what? Now you get MAAAAARIED!!! What''s to make you nervous about a little ol'' thing like THAT??!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Seriously, the diamond is GORGEOUS and the setting is beautiful. You done good, and she is going to LOVE it!

(And don''t forget to come back and post hand shots!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, you did a great job!!! Love the setting too.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Now don''t go chickening out on us after you bought this beauty!
2.gif
You need to propose and then you can admire it on your fiance''s finger!!! It really is a drop dead gorgeous stone and I love that setting. You take great pictures and you pick out wonderful rings!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the ring! And as for that shot where the table is visable with the rest lit up, I LOVE those shots.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heart palpitations looking at that ring, especially the profile! LOVE the head, so graceful and elegant. The stone is a knock-out...great arrows!

Congrats and good luck with the proposal. When and how are you gonna pop the question?
21.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
you can have one too, with strong fluor, maybe in a tension setting or as a pinky ring.

one of the most amazing rings i have seen on the planet is a man''s ring. he is a salesman in the ben bridge in the houston galleria. strong blue fluor!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring, you did a great job. Nice job with the pictures too. by the way, there are plenty of men that wear a diamond on their finger if you want one. Men can wear them too! I''d put it in a masculine setting though, maybe a tension ring.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Good job!!!! Very pretty setting and diamond.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Love it! Nicely done.
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great photos. I really like the setting, thanks for the close ups. The stone looks great too.

Overall a great job.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!

Get yourself a tension ring or one like Rod''s. If you love diamonds, go for it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I have stayed at the Kahala and I think it is a perfect setting for a romantic proposal. I'll bet she loves the ring!!!

CT026

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!! The setting is lovely, very unique.
26.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is beautiful! Don''t chicken out now....you know you''re going to do it! She is going to be over the moon when she see''s this!

As far as "too bad a guy can''t wear a big fat diamond unless it''s in their ear"...that''s not true. I know many men who wear diamond rings. In fact, my jeweler wears like an 8 ct ring that looks great on him. You go buy one for yourself AFTER you give your lovely lady this stunning beauty! Good luck!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Why can''t you have an engagement ring too? I gave my fiance a sapphire band, but he has lost it already. I think its romantic when a guy looks taken before the actual date!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Doppler!!! The ring is beautiful - nice work!! and also Congratulations on becoming engaged!!! I read your proposal and it was sweet...now the fun begins - getting ready for the big day!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Well, that''s just gorgeous, and what a great story! She''ll tell your children and grandchildren that story!

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results