shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the princess for my princess, now to propose!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bbtt123

Rough_Rock
Well its taken a while to finally make my decision and get the ring that I want to present to her, many ideas and many, many trips to the jewelers (with her and without) and finally found something that said "pick me!!!". The diamond was picked out and reset into this setting, which seems to be a winner for both myself and my significent other, its non-certified, but I matched it up against many certified stones at the jewelers and this one was within the range I was looking at, agreed by myself and the jeweler who worked with me. It was cheaper going non-certified for sure, this being just a starter ring, I didnt see any need to go all out right away, I have plans in the future to upgrade all aspects of the diamond when money isnt so "tight". So I dont have the full rundown of the spec. but I''m not the type that has to have all the numbers about a piece, I like it and thats all that matters!! (hehe) It does compare closely to a SI1-2 color range in the H/I area, although everyone who sees it swears it better than that.

Now I just have to wait for the perfect time to ask the woman of my dreams to spend the rest of her life with me, just have to come up with some witty/elaborate way to do it so that she can say "you would never believe what he did to propose to me". Without further jabbering here are the pics .75 ctw cathedral setting, little different as the points that come up are flattened out midway up the head, I like this better as the flat spot from above helps frame out the diamond better.

This is almost a straight ahead shot, the setting looks a bit odd due to the angle of the camera and a bit of shadows cast, unfortunately the sun wasnt out, so I had to take pics inside under flourscent light
7.gif

01.jpg

Profile of the setting, yet again the lighting takes away from the color a bit as well as the angle is a bit off

02.jpg

Lastly, my favorite pic of the three, really get a great feel for the profile and stone all in one:

03.jpg

HEY BRITT
BRITTNEI
Looks pretty nice huh?
(Pause)
WILL YOU MARRY ME?
(Hopefully a good pause now)

Ok so some members are going...what the?? Well if your reading this before 8PM eastern on Saturday April 15th, then this hasnt really happened, but rest assure a follow up post will be soon and hand pics will be up later. I made the decision to do it this way because of a few reason, one being the fact that today (saturday) we went "ring shopping" to check out more rings and such, well, I was living a lie every time I walked into the jewelery store (but a good one!). Secondly, looking at the lovely rings you guys have on here has really helped out our ring hunting and has helped me finally figure out what she likes/wants in her ring, so THANK YOU PRICE SCOPE MEMBERS, if it wasnt for me stumbling on this site, I''m not sure I''d even be looking seriously at rings, let alone have one in my possession and proposing (check local listings). When we look on here, its fun and memorable, with my girlfriend snuggled next to me on the couch with the laptop in front of us, the smile on her face when we spend time thinking about the future is precious to me, and you guys give us one of those times.

Thanks again PS, handshots to come as soon as she can sit down and relax for 2 minutes, I think the shuttle from cloud nine comes back sometime next week (aka when she gets back from showing EVERYONE she comes in contact with)

Post at your leisure guys!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Good Luck! It is classic.

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Let me be the first PSer to offer CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
30.gif

NOW STOP SMOOCHING AND POST SOME HAND SHOTS!!!
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Inluvw/mrH- he doesnt propose for another 2 hours...we are not going to get hand shots for a while! Sigh! I want to see them too!

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 5:44:38 PM
Author: Matatora
Inluvw/mrH- he doesnt propose for another 2 hours...we are not going to get hand shots for a while! Sigh! I want to see them too!
Mat...I know! But after she reads this proposal, she will scroll down and see the congratulations! Plus...we will be out to dinner when this all happens....shucks!
19.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Best wishes to you both! Beautiful diamond and ring! I have to leave now so I won''t see the finger shots until tomorrow after the bunny has come and gone...Can''t wait!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I can''t wait. She has to post a big "YES" or it doesn''t count.
2.gif
I love that princess. Good luck.

shay

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That is one pretty princess!! Good luck!!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck tonight! Be sure to post hand shots.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Good luck, and congratulations to both of you! I''d also love to see handshots when you get the chance.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 6:40:14 PM
Author: Shay37
Oooh, I can''t wait. She has to post a big ''YES'' or it doesn''t count.
2.gif
I love that princess. Good luck.

shay
I second this! CONGRATULATIONS both of you!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
It''s about 9:26 p.m. Did you propose yet? When can we find out how it went?!?!?!

CONGRATS AND MAY YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL FUTURE TOGETHER!!!!!
21.gif

bbtt123

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 9:30:20 PM
Author: lizz
It''s about 9:26 p.m. Did you propose yet? When can we find out how it went?!?!?!

CONGRATS AND MAY YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL FUTURE TOGETHER!!!!!
21.gif

About 8 minutes after your post we got into this thread, and started scrolling slowly, once I got to the 3rd picture, she said "hey they went to wheat jewelers, they must live near us" which I then scrolled down to where it had her name on it, and as soon as she seen "hey britt" she shot up and got all perky, then I kept scrolling and she started getting all emotional and....

SHE SAID YES!!!!!!

hand shots tomorrow in the sun, thanks again for being apart of this engagment, I owe it to you all!!!

James

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!! Congratulations and best wishes to you both. Have fun celebrating this special time!!! I look forward to the hand pics. How exciting!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this is the very first Pricescope Proposal. That is so cool
36.gif
Congratulations you two and we can''t wait for those hand shots..

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Congrats and Best wishes to you love bunnies! Best of Love to you both today and all ways.
joni

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
26.gif
Wonderful ring! Wonderful proposal! Wonderful life to follow!!! Congrats!
36.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness! Congratulations, Mr. and soon-to-be Mrs. Lucky! I got all emotional just reading this thread! How wonderfully sweet and what a beautiful ring! I simply canNOT wait for the hand shots! Congratulations again!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Mr.Lucky that was such a fun, sweet, romantic proposal!!! It made me so happy for you two reading it
9.gif
That is so sweet of you. Congratulations to you and your Princess
36.gif
36.gif
Live a life together full of happiness!

bbtt123

Rough_Rock
Hopefully the sun decides to come out today, if so then we will snap a few photo''s outside and post them tonight.

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Well done
36.gif
Surely the first online forum proposal anywhere?
9.gif

Now where are the pictures?
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I hope she loved the surprise! The ring looks just gorgeous....now get us some hand pics Britt!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results