shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG Round H&A + Whiteflash Custom Setting - PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shucash

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone.

Wanted to thank you guys for the incredible information on this site. I purchased an .816 E, VS2, H&A stone from GOG here in New York. Then I utilized Whiteflash for the custom setting, after many people on the board set my head straight and talked some sense into me.

Anyway, the piece is arriving tomorrow but Bob from Whiteflash sent the pics today. It is pretty much exactly as I described. A 2.2mm platinum band, rounded, with 3/4 pave. The ring is a size 5, and should be very delicate and small. I''m happy. I think she is going to love it.

Vin

ring.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
PURRRRRR-TY. That looks like "fishtail" pave! I didn''t know Whiteflash even did that. It looks AWESOME.

You HAVE to come back with hand pix & the proposal story (Ok Ok ... come back the moment you get it in your hot manly paws and tell us everything!)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How could she not love it - that is one gorgeous ring!!! You did good.

shucash

Rough_Rock
You guys are being way too nice! Thanks for the awesome comments on the ring.
I was worried that it might look too blingy, but its really small and I''m pleased with how it came out.

I tried to do something delicate but sexy. I''ll give you details later on the proposal I have in mind.

We''ve been dating for seven years, she''s a good girl and has waited long enough. I think she''s going to love it.
Vin

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! WF did a great job. I think this is the first time I've seen the fish tail (I didn't even know if was called that!) pave setting style from WF. Almost like a Michael B!
30.gif

You don't have photos of the wax do you?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Love it, that fish tail design is amazing. The stone is gorgeous. She will flip when she sees this ring. Great job!!! Kudos to GOG and WF!!!
36.gif

shucash

Rough_Rock
I have a photo of the wax, but unfortunately it wasn''t exactly what I had in mind. The original wax model did not have a rounded band with fishtail pave (it had more of a traditional pave style) and the prongs were too thick and not claw-like. The changes were made but the artist did not send photos of the updated wax.

I was interested to see how the fishtail looked in wax, heh, but oh well. The final piece came out exactly as I imagined.
Vin

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I really like what a classic look it is and love the way the pave looks as well. Great job, I''m sure she''ll adore it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats,beautiful looking ring.
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful! love the fishtail and the claw prongs...WF seems to be branching out!! can''t wait to see more pictures, congratulations!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
Congrats...she''s going to love it
36.gif

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
Oooooohhhhh! It''s lovely
30.gif

She is gonna love it!!! I bet it will sparkle like mad too
4.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. WORD.
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Gorgeous. Absolutely FABULOUS. I LOVE IT!!!

Must. Have. More. Photos. SOON!
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!! Lucky girl...
30.gif
Congrats, and don''t forget to come back to share the story and hand shots!!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks fabulous..she''s going to love it..

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 1:05:42 AM
Author: Mara
beautiful! love the fishtail and the claw prongs...WF seems to be branching out!! can''t wait to see more pictures, congratulations!
Be still my heart that ring is gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif
Your GF is going to need resuscitation when you give her that.

shay

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is lovely! When will the ring reach you? More photos please!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s beautiful! She will absolutely LOVE it. Please come back with the proposal story and hand shots. Good luck!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Beautiful ring!!! Good luck with the proposal!!!!
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s very lovely

Pocho

Rough_Rock

Wow! What a nice ring!

I have a question about this style ring. What is the diffrence between pave and prong? I have seen other rings that look like this one but they call them prong. I will use Jelly''s ring as an example.
JellyRing3Web.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 1:44:50 PM
Author: Pocho

Wow! What a nice ring!

I have a question about this style ring. What is the diffrence between pave and prong? I have seen other rings that look like this one but they call them prong. I will use Jelly''s ring as an example.

JellyRing3Web.jpg

Poncho, Jelly''s ring has actually shared prongs holding the stones in.

in schucash''s ring, it''s called fishtail pave or french pave. You can tell a big difference in the side view of the ring. Also the melee, used in jelly''s ring are probably larger than the tiny tiny diamonds normally used in pave rings. Leon Mege has a great article on his site explaining pave. you can find it
here

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Vin, Where are ya buddy? We need more pictures of that ring!

Mrs Darlin Joy you may need to get the shark out again
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results