shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG AVR + Vatche Royal Crown = Heaven!!!

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
Here is my post from the LIW forum:

I'M ENGAGED!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

and i'm so glad that he made me wait while he planned this very special moment in our lives! so, here's the story:

FI had a friend of his take me shopping under the guise of my giving the friend fashion advice and buying new clothes. i (of course) gladly accepted and off we went to the mall. i had the poor guy trying on jeans FOR-E-VER! hahaha! he was such a good sport though. all the while, FI was setting up the proposal in our townhome. he knew i wanted something very intimate and private so this was perfect.

when i got back (which was timed with text messages between the two of them), i walked in and found roses and a letter right inside the door. the letter ended by telling me to go to the first station which was a different room in the house. in that room i found another letter, a blown up picture from the day we first met (which was on a hike and a random picture was taken of us talking/laughing), tealight candles, and a soundtrack of nature (to match what was going on in the picture). the end of that letter then told me to go to the next station which consisted of the same setup except a different picture & soundtrack which matched the picture. each picture/soundtrack was from a pinnacle point in our relationship including one from right after he first told me he loved me, vacations & road trips we took, etc. and each station had a letter that ended by telling me which room to go to next. all the while, he was hiding. on my way to the final station i found two stuffed animals that he had given to me for my birthday that are characters from a book he wrote (and subsequently handmade/bound/decorated)for me - another incredibly romantic thing he's done. the characters had little speech bubbles over their heads made from paper and they had cute things they said to each other about us. i then followed a trail of rose petals that led me to the last room where i found myself on live camera and a song playing in the background. he actually wrote the song and performed all the vocals/instrumentals himself and had a friend produce it. he then came out of hiding from around the corner and we had the most amazing moment EVER. of course i was bawling all over the place :) he also explained that each picture of the stations represented stages of our relationship/past starting from the very beginning that all led up to the present moment which is why i was live on camera in the last station since it represented now. it was absolutely unbelievable and surreal! we then went to dinner at the melting pot and then to a bed&breakfast he had booked for us. the B&B went out of their way to make it special by setting up candles and scattered rose petals all over the room. we also had a bottle of champagne waiting for us. it was all picture perfect! we then spent the rest of the weekend driving to first my family's house and then to his family's house (which are a few hour drives) so that we could share the news in person.

it was amazing.
he is amazing.
and i am marrying the man of my dreams!!!

Regarding GOG:
Like countless others on this forum, I could never begin to express my deepest thanks to the staff/family of GOG, especially Rhino, for all of their hard work and dedication to educating people about diamonds. The AVRs and AVCs are truly a marvel. My FI and I visited GOG about a year before the proposal to see the AVRs in person. (Although we hadn't even talked seriously about engagement at that point, he was interested because he knew about my fascination with diamonds and GOG. I of course saw this as the perfect time for an education session, hehe.) We took a megabus to NYC and then took the metro and walked to the store. They spent SO MUCH time with us and then, even when we didn't buy anything, they insisted we allow a staff member to give us a ride back to the metro stop because they didn't want us to walk in the rain. These people have amazing heart and are truly one of a kind in the business.

And now for the ring....

1.78 J VS2 August Vintage Round from GOG
Setting: Vatche Royal Crown in Platinum
Size: 5

Please ignore the weirdo nailpolish (i had no idea he was going to propose that week or else i would have chosen something a little more traditional, heh)

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, where did you find him??? I don't know many guys who could do a proposal like that! Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

The ring is outstanding!!! :love: :love: :love: I, too, love AVR's and GOG!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, gorgeous!!! Many congrats :appl: :love: :cheeky: :appl: :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing proposal story! Congratulations on your engagement and beautiful rings! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
It`s beautiful! :love:

Congratulations on your engagement! Best to you both.

Cachette :))

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, This was lovely~!! And your nails are so beautiful~!! The ring in Vatche was perfect~!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous ring! And - my 11 yr old has on the same nail polish today!!!! :cheeky:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful proposal and a beautiful ring!

Congrats!!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
What a romantic proposal! Men out there take some notes on this. And a beautiful stone in a gorgeous setting to go with it, congratulations! Wear in good health always.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
The RC is one of my all time favorite solitaires! It looks fantastic on you!!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Wow WOW WOW!
That's one of my dream combos. Congrats on the proposal!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning, and I kinda like your "weirdo" nail polish, lol! Congratulations!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations- the ring is gorgeous.. I have been itching to see a simply-set AVR and yours is beautiful! Sounds like you had a wonderful time too!

And I agree with the PP, I quite like the nail polish :bigsmile:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS. I am pretty envious of how high your stone is set too!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, its soooo pretty!! Congratulations on your engagement!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HIL

LOVE IT!

cheers--Sharon

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! You wear it well, and the size is perfectly yummy! Royal Crown was always among one of my favorite settings.

Very similar to the overall look of my ring and finger size, so I love it ('cos I'm not biased or anything :cheeky: ).

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all SO MUCH for the amazing comments!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are thrilled! It's so funny when he looks at my ring, smiles proudly, and says "I did that."

@diamondseeker2006: i found him on a mountain in the middle of nowhere when i wasn't even looking. literally :bigsmile: also, i will definitely have another photo shoot as soon as i get a chance!!! i'd like to do some side-by-side's with my AVC. :naughty: :naughty:

@ame: i looked at your rings MANY times when i was deciding on what i wanted and then when i was (impatiently!) waiting for mine. actually, i have your thread bookmarked on my computer at home. hehe. i just absolutely adore your set!!!

@Amys Bling: LOL! i have a girlfriend who would LOVE to clone him - if we figure it out, i'll let you know ;-)

@jaysonsmom: i have oogled your bling numerous times - i hope to get a 7 stone wedding band like yours! clearly we have very similar taste :razz:

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
SO beautiful!!! Congratulations, what a sweet story and a stunning ring. I adore the AVRs, it looks amazing on you! :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! What a beauty, I love those AVRs. Just GORGEOUS :love:

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Your title says it all :bigsmile: That is one of my very favorite settings.

Congratulations on your engagement! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww! Well thanks!!! I think yours looks pretty fantastic on your hand! Those AVRs are TO DIE FOR.

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
Here are a few pics of my collection that I took a few weeks ago and thought I'd post them. I know I should get some better pics but I haven't found the best lighting yet.

Aside from my e-ring, I have the 1.24 L SI1 AVC set in 18k pendant and my 0.848 ctw I VS2 ACA WF studs in the martini setting.

I wear this combo every day except when I'm at work I don't wear my pendant. I just absolutely love this trio :)

AVRAVCearrings.jpg

AVCAVRearrings2.jpg

arrows.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spectacular macro shot of your GOG AVR!!! Love the facets!! :love:

Gorgeous collection PA-C!! Beautiful! :appl:

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much Enerchi!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to post a new thread with pics of my AVR I've taken in different lighting as soon as the emailed pics from my phone come through. I just absolutely adore this stone :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results