shape
carat
color
clarity

Gentlemen, show me your rings please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
I think there are some men here on PS - but I guess that most of them are looking for rings for their girlfriends/wifes.
Are any men out there that really enjoy wearing rings? If so - guys, please show me your nice wedding bands, RHR''s (if men wear such a thing
2.gif
) or whatever you have or would like to wear. Or share your opinion on men''s rings in general.
Do most men just choose a plain band or are some of you interested it getting something very special or unique?

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
My husband's wedding band is an 18k gold milgrain band with platinum inlay, 6mm width

I think the mixed metals suit his skintone well

(sorry it's not the best pic)

212.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Here is my husband''s ring. It''s white gold, polished and brushed satin finish with a .10 ct diamond.

EATring100098787.JPG

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 10:44:50 AM
Author: Tuckins1
Here is my husband''s ring. It''s white gold, polished and brushed satin finish with a .10 ct diamond.

yay! a man''s band with a diamond
1.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

This ring has been in my bf''s family for a few generations; we think it was his great-grandfather''s or even great-great-grandfather''s (we need to get more info on that). I am using the center diamond in my engagement ring and wasn''t smart enough to take a picture before the jeweler removed the stone ... but you get the idea! The stone is a 1.67ct OEC.

(I hope I resized the picture to a good size; if not I apologize in advance!)

lf mens ring 1.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband''s ring - 6 mm platinum Park Place from www.e-weddingbands.com

IMG_0273ps.jpg

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 11:42:52 AM
Author: elrohwen

This ring has been in my bf''s family for a few generations; we think it was his great-grandfather''s or even great-great-grandfather''s (we need to get more info on that). I am using the center diamond in my engagement ring and wasn''t smart enough to take a picture before the jeweler removed the stone ... but you get the idea! The stone is a 1.67ct OEC.

hey, that one is really cool! such a shame that nowdays most guys don''t wear such rings anymore! Did your BF wear it before the stone was removed or is he thinking about setting another stone in it?

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 11:56:38 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
My husband''s ring - 6 mm platinum Park Place from www.e-weddingbands.com

IMG_0273ps.jpg
wow, I like that one too! it matches yours but has even more "bling" because of the pattern in it (of course in the end we gals have more bling with the e-ring, eternity bands and and and... - but that''s another story
2.gif
) I really love the look of your rings together!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 12:09:45 PM
Author: Ms.Dreamy

hey, that one is really cool! such a shame that nowdays most guys don''t wear such rings anymore! Did your BF wear it before the stone was removed or is he thinking about setting another stone in it?
BF is definitely not a diamond ring kinda guy (or a ring guy in general). Haha. His dad and grandfather both wore the ring for a while, but they were all completely ok with me resetting it. We''ll hang on to the setting for sentimental reasons, but it won''t get anymore wear. The jeweler actually said that it wasn''t the stone''s original setting (not sure how he could tell) so I''d love to know what kind of setting it was in before this one. The history of it is so interesting!

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 12:14:26 PM
Date: 6/1/2008 12:09:45 PM

BF is definitely not a diamond ring kinda guy (or a ring guy in general). Haha. His dad and grandfather both wore the ring for a while, but they were all completely ok with me resetting it. We''ll hang on to the setting for sentimental reasons, but it won''t get anymore wear. The jeweler actually said that it wasn''t the stone''s original setting (not sure how he could tell) so I''d love to know what kind of setting it was in before this one. The history of it is so interesting!

Yes, it''s really romantic to have a stone in your e-ring that has a long history in your family. And the setting is definitely a keeper - maybe one day your guy is going to change his mind and wear the family ring with another stone in it
2.gif
if a diamond is "too feminine" for him maybe a darker gemstone would look pretty in this setting for a guy. I know some guys who wear family rings for special occasions - I think it''s cool and not at all feminine.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Here is my husband's wedding band. It's sterling and gold. He's worn it for ten years now, and because it's sterling, we've had to have it buffed and polished a bit -- especially after his first tour to Iraq.

So.... for special treat, I had the jeweler, James Avery, create the ring in 14kt white gold and yellow gold. I've also had some engraving put on the inside. It should be ready in a couple of weeks -- just in time for his midtour leave (2nd 15 month tour!!). I'm VERY excited about that!
30.gif

He gets tons of compliments on his band for its uniqueness -- especially when we're not in Texas.

~LC

WB-1A.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I don''t get why sometimes you can put an image in with a link, and sometimes you can''t. Blech. Anyway.

Here is my husbands band:

hisring042807.jpg

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
librarychickie - that ring is really cool. good that you found a jeweller to make an exact copy of it in more durable metals! do you have a matching band to go with it?
I wish you guys all the best for his next tour!

MonkeyPie - yay! more men''s bands with diamonds!
30.gif
may I ask where your husband works? when I talked to guys about diamonds in a men''s band they always tend to think that as they are in a "conservative" job (bank/office/...) they would not wear a diamond band
7.gif
well, that''s not MY opinion, obviously!
2.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ms.Dreamy, Mr. MonkeyPie starts a new job with me tomorrow in an office setting, but he was working security before that :) His ring is the mostly blingy out of all of my friends husbands - they seemed to think mens bands should be plain. Pfft! I figured if I was getting a diamond, then so should heh.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 2:48:59 PM
librarychickie - that ring is really cool. good that you found a jeweller to make an exact copy of it in more durable metals! do you have a matching band to go with it?

I wish you guys all the best for his next tour!

Thanks for the well wishes! Actually, James Avery is the jeweler who created the original ring. He''ll do special orders -- sometimes, if you ask really nice. No, I don''t have a matching one, and I don''t really want one. I have my own gorgeous jewels to wear.
36.gif

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Here is my FI''s wedding band.. It''s a 7mm platinum band from the Facets Collection with a brushed center and polished sides..

FIs Signed Pieces Ring.JPG

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
MonkeyPie - wish your hubby all the best for his new job!

heather318 - thanks for sharing! It''s a nice and classy band. As I have small fingers I always think 7mm what?!
6.gif
2.gif
But a wide ring looks soooo nice on a man!
1.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a man, but if I were I probably wouldn't really be a 'gentle' man...hehe
38.gif
. Anyway, here is hubby's band. It's about 7mm wide and carved / chased in 18K :
4.gif

VC_hubbyband00123.jpg

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 4:54:06 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

I''m not a man, but if I were I probably wouldn''t really be a ''gentle'' man...hehe
38.gif
. Anyway, here is hubby''s band. It''s about 7mm wide and carved / chased in 18K :
4.gif
I absolutely adore that carving on that band. Do you mind if I ask where you bought it? So unique.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2008 1:40:10 PM
Author:Ms.Dreamy
I think there are some men here on PS - but I guess that most of them are looking for rings for their girlfriends/wifes.
Are any men out there that really enjoy wearing rings? If so - guys, please show me your nice wedding bands, RHR''s (if men wear such a thing
2.gif
) or whatever you have or would like to wear. Or share your opinion on men''s rings in general.
Do most men just choose a plain band or are some of you interested it getting something very special or unique?
yep!! waiting for my wife or GF (which ever comes first
31.gif
) to buy me a 2.5 ct RB.

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 4:54:06 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

I''m not a man, but if I were I probably wouldn''t really be a ''gentle'' man...hehe
38.gif
. Anyway, here is hubby''s band. It''s about 7mm wide and carved / chased in 18K :

It''s beautiful and unique - I love the delicate and detailed carving work!

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 4:02:50 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 5/31/2008 1:40:10 PM

Author:Ms.Dreamy

2.gif

yep!! waiting for my wife or GF (which ever comes first
31.gif
) to buy me a 2.5 ct RB.

hmmmm, just to prevent any misunderstandings: you have a GF AND a wife and one of them (or both) should buy you a 2.5ct RB ?!?
12.gif
2.gif

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVEEEEEEE diamonds... here''s my band...

0.21 light pink radiant bezel set in pink gold... all plat band... stone is around 3.3 x 3.2 and the band is around 4.5 mm wide...

i''m hoping to find a 0.75 - 1 carat yellow / brownish / orangy asscher or emerald for my next ring... i''m a sucker for step cuts...

acebruinband.jpg

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 1:20:54 PM
Author: acebruin
i LOVEEEEEEE diamonds... here''s my band...

0.21 light pink radiant bezel set in pink gold... all plat band... stone is around 3.3 x 3.2 and the band is around 4.5 mm wide...

i''m hoping to find a 0.75 - 1 carat yellow / brownish / orangy asscher or emerald for my next ring... i''m a sucker for step cuts...

veeeery nice!!! your next ring? if you have more than one, please post the others!
36.gif

is this your fiance''s e-ring in your avatar? it''s beautiful!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve posted these before, but here is my FI''s ring - I love it!! (I have sent back that eternity band, but his is still the same!)

JaysRing015.jpg

JaysRing022.jpg

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 10:35:00 AM
Author: October2008bride
I''ve posted these before, but here is my FI''s ring - I love it!! (I have sent back that eternity band, but his is still the same!)

I see why you love it!
1.gif
what did you get instead of the eternity?

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 10:25:20 AM
veeeery nice!!! your next ring? if you have more than one, please post the others!
36.gif

is this your fiance''s e-ring in your avatar? it''s beautiful!

thanks ms.dreamy... i don''t have another ring... i will be though! :) was thinking of alternate WR however, as oppose to RHR... i don''t know if i can sport 2 rings on my hands... :D

the avatar is my wife''s :) we got married last december... details here

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Good Idea Ms. Dreamy! This thread is adorable!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results