shape
carat
color
clarity

Gentlemen, show me your rings please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 1:14:46 PM
Author: acebruin
Date: 6/19/2008 10:25:20 AM

Author: Ms.Dreamy

veeeery nice!!! your next ring? if you have more than one, please post the others!
36.gif

is this your fiance''s e-ring in your avatar? it''s beautiful!

thanks ms.dreamy... i don''t have another ring... i will be though! :) was thinking of alternate WR however, as oppose to RHR... i don''t know if i can sport 2 rings on my hands... :D

the avatar is my wife''s :) we got married last december... details here

thanks for the link - your wife''s ring is really a piece of art! and It''s so cool that you have a matching wedding band with a pink diamond! ah, i''ve looked at your proposal pictures - you are such a nice couple!
1.gif

you absolutely have to post pictures as soon as you found your 2nd ring!!!

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 2:24:46 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Good Idea Ms. Dreamy! This thread is adorable!!!!

thanks dreamgirl!
1.gif

I wish my FF would like to wear such great rings himself... But he complains that he is not used to wear any jewellery and it might bother him to have a ring on his finger all the time - so it''s a hard piece of work to convince him to get any nice rigs (besides the wedding ring - of course he wants to wear a wedding ring! at least that
2.gif
)

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
thanks ms.dreamy...

do you have any idea on what kind of WR you want him to wear? he doesn''t have a say in it does he? you want him to have diamonds in his WR right?
2.gif

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 4:51:17 PM
thanks ms.dreamy...

do you have any idea on what kind of WR you want him to wear? he doesn''t have a say in it does he? you want him to have diamonds in his WR right?
2.gif

we are going to choose our wedding rings together - I think we will find something that satisfies us both. hm, as much as I love diamons also for men, if he doesn''t feel confortable with it and he thinks he''s "not the type" for it - then I''ll have to accept that
2.gif

I saw some beautiful plain bands yesterday and if he wants only a plain band - I''ll get the same one plus an eternity band
1.gif
I like plain bands too and if they are thin they are stackable with many other rings...
30.gif

my FF has very delicate hands for a man and a nice plain band (not too thick) is what would look best on him.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 5:38:27 PM
Author: diamondsrock
Date: 6/2/2008 4:54:06 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

I''m not a man, but if I were I probably wouldn''t really be a ''gentle'' man...hehe
38.gif
. Anyway, here is hubby''s band. It''s about 7mm wide and carved / chased in 18K :
4.gif

VC_hubbyband00123.jpg
I absolutely adore that carving on that band. Do you mind if I ask where you bought it? So unique.

Ooops! I haven''t been on in a while. It''s by Van Crareynest . Here are some more pictures: VC thread.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
My husband loves his ring. It''s Tungsten Carbide, but it has a cool facet pattern. This is a factory pic, the actual ring is darker.

20049772med.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
all_bw.jpg

DH''s Triton titanium w-band with cable inset is on the left along with a handwoven "turks head" silver band that he bought himself. He wears either one or the other. The titanium band has a small 18k inset in the bottom, for a little added bling
31.gif

hydocks_2006_61318474.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
My DH''s ring is from an Irish shop. Some said it was a design from the Ardagh chalice, and others said from a Celtic Warrior''s shield. Either way I like it.

Ardagh chalice Celtic Warrior.jpg

olyelr

Rough_Rock
Here is my DH''s ring... I LOVE it - he designed our rings..... there is a birth stone and skiing theme in there, trust me!

gents.jpg

Tessie

Rough_Rock
My poor FF has been so upset recently because he lost the titanium band I bought him after we first started living together four years ago.
7.gif
I still hope that the band will turn up somewhere in our house because we have been renovating and things have been shifted around. But until it does I am buying him a new ring for our 4 year anniversary, this one is much more unique!

il_430xN.27378199.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, those are cool! Love the textures
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Tessie - those are really fun!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
We picked out a tungsten carbide ring for my fiance as well. Here''s a stock photo of it and like geckodani said, the ring is a lot darker in person.

ggguyring.png

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Girlie-girl, I wonder why tungsten is so much darker in person? My husband''s so funny, he gets annoyed when fingerprints get on his ring. I laughed, because all he has to do is wipe it on his shirt or whatever to clean it.... :razz:

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve wondered that too. I thought it was maybe the professional photography that brightened it up, but I tried this morning to capture it''s color with my camera and was unsuccessful so just posted a stock photo.
20.gif
They''re a gorgeous darker grey in person, really masculine. I know my guy is excited to be wearing his (only 3 weeks left to wait!!) as he''s commented how unfair it is that I get to wear my ring and he doesn''t. LOL

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my custom wedding band from WF. I had to get it resized and they''ll be shipping it back to me today.

JosephKlein_0626.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 2:04:49 PM
Author: JoeNewbie11
Here''s my custom wedding band from WF. I had to get it resized and they''ll be shipping it back to me today.
Joe, this ring is stunning!!!! I hope one day I can get my hubby something like this... it is just perfection!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Here is my Hubby''s (well future since the wedding is about 3 weeks away):

FIs.titanium.diamond.band.JPG

Showing off the yellow sapphires...

FIs.titanium.diamond.band.04.JPG

Hand shot:
wband.handshot.fi.01.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love all of these men''s diamond bands! My fiance has told me in no uncertain terms that he will not wear a band with a diamond in it.
39.gif
Gotta respect his wishes, but I hoped I would be able to return the diamond-buying favor!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 1:20:54 PM
i LOVEEEEEEE diamonds... here''s my band...

0.21 light pink radiant bezel set in pink gold... all plat band... stone is around 3.3 x 3.2 and the band is around 4.5 mm wide...

i''m hoping to find a 0.75 - 1 carat yellow / brownish / orangy asscher or emerald for my next ring... i''m a sucker for step cuts...

WOW, ace, I saw your avatar and had to look up your fiance''s ring. It is GORGEOUS, I love everything about it (esp the step cuts, I love ''em too!) What I find to be most impressive is that your band matches your fiances (with the rose gold detailing) I think that is BRILLIANT! You guys must be so love
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's my FI's band. He is good about humoring me--even for handshots for PS
5.gif

It's polished titanium with a brushed platinum overlay. From Avant Garde Titanium.

museysfisring.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s even more fun is the box it came in!!
3.gif
(the one on the right, obviously)

museyandfiboxes.jpg

asudesigner

Shiny_Rock
Hi Musey! Can you tell me what the mm thickness is, looks like a great size!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 12:51:58 PM
Author: asudesigner
He waffled between 5mm and 6mm, then finally settled on the 6mm. He wears a size 7.5 (teeny man fingers!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

asudesigner

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 1:17:18 PM
Author: musey

He waffled between 5mm and 6mm, then finally settled on the 6mm. He wears a size 7.5 (teeny man fingers!)
I''m a size 9 and I have a 8mm RHR that feels too wide. When I get a wedding band it will probably be around 5 or 6.

Thanks!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 3:38:31 PM
Date: 8/4/2008 1:17:18 PM
Author: musey
I''m a size 9 and I have a 8mm RHR that feels too wide. When I get a wedding band it will probably be around 5 or 6.

Thanks!
I think the general consensus is that it''s not your ring size, but finger length that determines what width works for you (makes sense--since it''s about the distance between knuckles not the thickness of the finger). FI has very long, slender fingers, so even wide rings felt comfortable. He just preferred the look of 5-6mm to 8-9mm.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great asudesigner. And, as expected, your picture is the perfect dimensions
3.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 7:53:03 PM
Author: somehowcollide
Looks great asudesigner. And, as expected, your picture is the perfect dimensions
3.gif
LOL. Ditto that sentiment.
9.gif
Very fun ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results