shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Fun pictures of my beautiful rock....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 1:30:15 AM
Author: ecf8503
ok - a few more...

I''ll try to get more examples of the head and prongs for you, Cehra - but have you looked at the original thread? It has multiple views, but if there is something in particular you want to see let me know!
I did see the other thread... I guess most specifically shot of the crossover on the prongs... have you seen the (rough) wax on my ring? It has crossover too! I couldn''t find any examples of that so it took a LOT of explaining when I sat with the jeweler... I''ve looked at your pics before but mostly was just going for the flUOr shots... btw these fluor shots are the best I''ve ever seen - love the close up detail!!

Originally when I wanted it set e/w I wanted it VERY much like your ring except the split shank part on top of the side Vs but when I decided to set it this way it just kind of naturally fell into place to have the side Vs on top. One of the things that is wrong with my wax is that on the shank side there''s supposed to be a shallow u so that all four sides have a "swag" as I call it lol For a second after looking at your ring I thought oooh I want those little tiny side surprise diamonds but they wouldn''t fit since there will already be diamonds there anyway LOL (what a dork that you''re disappointed because you can''t fit more diamonds in where there will already be some @@@@@@ rofl) Anyway, I''m all excited about your ring... I want to see how the crossover is excecuted. I wanted my 8 prongs separated on top in a more old fashioned setting since its a cushion, so the crossover is a little lower? or ?? but still I''m excited!! Thank you!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw your backgrounds are awesome - love the dry?? flower/leaves? or ?? I dunno what they are!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! You have such a lovely diamond and setting, and your photography skills are amazing. Thanks for showing us these gorgeous pics.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
side view (older pic, old camera)

Cehra: The best way I can describe it is that there are two "V"'s - one on each side / face of the ring, each with a surprise diamond at the bottom of the V. The prongs of the V's curve in backward toward the stone - this can be seen in this pic, looking at these V's from the side you can see how they bend back in and around the stone.

The shank splits into two, and each arm of the split then slips inside the back side of each V, then curves out away from the stone slightly to hug the back of each V, then sweeps upward to the stone itself.

It sounds complicated, but really it does just flow - The V and the shank splits just hug each other - the V's outside, the shank arms inside. Imagine just crossing your fingers - it's that simple.

Do you have a link to your waxes?

DSC02598crop.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 2:35:06 AM
side view:
wow, that looks almost just like mine except you can only see half way down the pavillion because it's raised there on mine... !!! You've no idea how helpful this is!! It's so hard to picture what it will be like in metal when all you can see is purple wax LOL!!!! Forgive my greed but MORE MORE MORE please
41.gif

ETA: I'm sorry... I didn't see the rest, I got distracted or you added more or something LOL anyway yes, here's a link but I apologize because I did not mean to take up space in your thread, I just got excited LOL! At the bottom of this page... https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/desperately-seeking-ideas.51678/page-2 and I have to say, it is less chunky and the prongs are pointy and the v/u on the shank sides are not defined YET but hopefully these changes wil be done this week (that's another story) It is so helpful to see your ring... and if I could put in a specific request, one from a corner under looking up at the two crossing... hehe... greedy greedy I am ;-)

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a cockeyed view (that I love) - it shows how the prongs meet and as a single unit just cup the stone - they curve away then back up to it. It''s a view / perspective you don''t realize is there, as it isn''t really obvious face on or top down, but it''s the most interesting view (to me) -

IMG_0104crop.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 2:47:43 AM
Here''s a cockeyed view (that I love) - it shows how the prongs meet and as a single unit just cup the stone - they curve away then back up to it. It''s a view / perspective you don''t realize is there, as it isn''t really obvious face on or top down, but it''s the most interesting view (to me) -
dude, okay I JUST asked for this and hit submit and voila! instant gratification!!!!! hahaha now I have to go LOOK at the pic :) thanks!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
agreed! It''s why the head I''ve had in my, well head haha, has been so important... I love the architectural detail of the twisting and interest - ow when I look at your head it seems like there is space around your diamond... and when I look at mine it doesn''t seem as though there is, but maybe it''s because it''s dark and purple LOL This pic is EXACTLY what I was hoping for!!! It almost makes me want to have a "view" from all 4 sides, but I have this thing/fear about not having at least somewhat of a cathedral side because I have this thing/fear that the stone is going to get caught on *everything* and, well... it''s a thing!! lol!!

btw - and don''t laugh too hard - I''m already plotting how I can get a .5 carat D strong blue hahahaha I wanted to wait about 10-15 years until I got my phd and then get like a 1.5 carat one, but now I''m thinking forget that! as soon as hubby recovers from this ring (that I don''t actually even HAVE yet haha) I''m going to start laying seeds for the other and just make sure I get it somewhere with an upgrade policy. I love my bizarro stone, but I have to scratch my round itch someday and I''ve decided that no better way than to scratch my "blue white" itch at the same time ::cackles madly::

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A woman after my own heart, Cehra! I love my OEC (it''s probably an K-L-M color - never been unmounted, but it''s not white...) and the chunky facets, but I also love the perfection of this RB. The arrows, the color (or lack thereof....) and the fluoresence are all fab to me. My poor little 0.51ct G color RB that was my original e-ring stone seems so... boring (but I love it anyway!).

I''ll see what I can do as far as pics of the head if you want more - today I was concentrating on the diamond. BTW, the flowers are dead, dry hydrangea clusters - not much left alive outside here in Michigan; besides it is fall and the color seemed appropriate!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 3:06:15 AM
A woman after my own heart, Cehra! I love my OEC (it''s probably an K-L-M color - never been unmounted, but it''s not white...) and the chunky facets, but I also love the perfection of this RB. The arrows, the color (or lack thereof....) and the fluoresence are all fab to me. My poor little 0.51ct G color RB that was my original e-ring stone seems so... boring (but I love it anyway!).

I''ll see what I can do as far as pics of the head if you want more - today I was concentrating on the diamond. BTW, the flowers are dead, dry hydrangea clusters - not much left alive outside here in Michigan; besides it is fall and the color seemed appropriate!
that flower was my guess, but I''d never seen them dried before - I *loved* the color, the tawny honey color, of them... and if you have an OEC and I haven''t seen it then hot diggedy I better see it!!! When it comes right down to it, I want a diamond of every shape except maybe heart LOL!! But I think I would get round then OEC then maybe marquise, which I NEVER thought I''d say....

As for more pics, I''m totally game, but that last one really scratched a major itch LOL I''d love to see shots that close of the head from every direction, but you nailed what I was looking for with that last one. Now I''m looking at yours and wondering how much space I want... I was reading your old thread and you said you love how you can see it from every angle... now I really won''t be able to see mine from the shank sides which I feel so/so about. from the width the culet looks pointed like any round diamond, but from the length the culet is VERY long and looks huge, which I kind of like and wish I could see/show off... but my head has a bowl under my diamond, high polished reflective surface to help redirect some of the light either back out through the diamond or out around the diamond in those areas. I experimented with a piece of tinfoil in the sunlight and when the diamond was up against that the rainbows it threw on the wall were *stronger* and slightly brighter... but at the base under that it''s only supposed to be about .5mm thick in the center of the bowl and in the pics the first jeweler had it like 2mm thick which was way too thick IMO. Okay, I''ve yammered enough... so glad you posted these pics tonight!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SUPERB pics as usual - any new snaps of your beauty are always a pleasure! Hope wee Noah settled ok!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you just inspired me to try some b/w shots. All of your pics are just beautiful.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I added a few shots to The Fire Thread, but thought some belong here too (he he he...)

IMG_4259 (Small).JPG

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pics!!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! What gorgeous rings (referring to the last picture)! All your pictures are great! The .74 D with strong blue flour is really a knockout stone!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
wow that SB fluorescence really gives the D something extra I love it!!!
32.gif
30.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ECF! I love that stone - it''s a knockout!!!

susi

Shiny_Rock
ecf8503, I love A. Jaffe and your ring is a stunning example of their craftsmanship! And your diamond!!
30.gif

What a beautiful marriage of stone and mount!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the pics!!! That flour. makes the stone look amazing!!!!
30.gif

bae7

Shiny_Rock
Wow, all great pictures, all beautiful rings - what a gorgeous collection!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everybody - it really is a gorgeous stone. I just love fluorescence - I adore the cool tone it gives! Hard to capture on camera, though - but taking pics scratches my artistic itch!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Really outstanding photography!!!
Beautiful Diamond Rings!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Your diamond(s) are gorgeous...the pictures are perfect! Did you mention what kind of camera you are using? I want to know!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all! My camera is a Canon A620 (7 mp, 4x optical zoom, etc) - nice camera!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Canon A520...I can''t remember the optical zoom on it, but I know that I have it. Dern...I need to have you adjust the settings on my camera, lol!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I love your stone!!!! It rocks! I would love to own a Superbcert one day. I have been looking at these pics for the past 15 minutes and can''t get my eyes off them.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2006 1:00:04 AM
I just love this shot. It is picture #2 and your stone is so clear and crisp in it. You take GREAT photos.

I also like the shot of your two diamond rings together. Very interesting to see the SB and the no fluor. G Such a difference!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This shows how really cool your setting is! I really think it''s perfect for your RB.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2006 2:57:10 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

agreed! It''s why the head I''ve had in my, well head haha, has been so important... I love the architectural detail of the twisting and interest - ow when I look at your head it seems like there is space around your diamond... and when I look at mine it doesn''t seem as though there is, but maybe it''s because it''s dark and purple LOL This pic is EXACTLY what I was hoping for!!! It almost makes me want to have a ''view'' from all 4 sides, but I have this thing/fear about not having at least somewhat of a cathedral side because I have this thing/fear that the stone is going to get caught on *everything* and, well... it''s a thing!! lol!!

btw - and don''t laugh too hard - I''m already plotting how I can get a .5 carat D strong blue hahahaha I wanted to wait about 10-15 years until I got my phd and then get like a 1.5 carat one, but now I''m thinking forget that! as soon as hubby recovers from this ring (that I don''t actually even HAVE yet haha) I''m going to start laying seeds for the other and just make sure I get it somewhere with an upgrade policy. I love my bizarro stone, but I have to scratch my round itch someday and I''ve decided that no better way than to scratch my ''blue white'' itch at the same time ::cackles madly::
Graduate degrees are so so over rated when the money could be spent on diamonds. I too am reading the threads about laying seeds for another project. We haven''t even had this one appraised yet! I fear that my husband will require me to use my grad degree for the funding of another stone.
6.gif

I really like ecf''s RB but I want to see some photos of her OEC! I think an OEC would be a lovely addition to SMTR.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results