shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Fruity freshness: 4.68 ct rubellite ring by ERD/BE

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I love all the detailing on the setting, gorgeous!

There is some thread where someone doesn't get the appeal gemstone rings without diamonds in them. They should be directed to this thread!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bah!!!! Group shot :love: !!!!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, you've done it again! Be still my heart! :love: :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1413339175|3767192 said:
perfection! Looks great on you! ;-)
Thank you Sox!!! Are you still enjoying your VC set? You have been wearing it for more than a year now? I remember that we were anxiously waiting for our rings around the same time :wavey:

VirginiaZee. I am so super thrilled with both the stone as well as the setting. I am glad it turned out so well. The PS members gave me the confidence more than a year ago to start my first overseas project with Victor Canera. This had been my 4th overseas project since I became a PS member. And I have two projects with Caysie coming up :twisted:

Hi partgypsy. Oh yes, I agree: not all lovely colored stones need diamonds on their Side to play up the beauty. That said... There are Tiny Tiny diamonds in the shank. I thought there wear four until I read the document from BE and them I looked more closely and indeed saw 12 little diamonds :lol:

Glad you like the groupshot Niel!!! I am so grateful for my PS collection.

Aww, Thank you derbygal. The BE team is so talented, I would love to work with them again. The Gemfix people were very Customer friendly and professional as well. I consider myself lucky.

Thank you all for your kind words! :D

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the party but had to stop in and say wow!!!! I love everything about this ring. Gorgeous bezel and details. :love: I haven't had a chance to work with Mark but had the pleasure communicating via email a couple of times but wasn't ready. It looks super comfy to wear too for such a large fabulous gem. Congrats on the beauty!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Right up my alley! :love: WOW!

cheers--Sharon

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous addition to your beautiful collection! I love the setting :love:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom - you have such exquisite taste!! This ring is absolutely stunning :love: :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for chiming in and your lovely comments DandT, canuk-gal, woofmama and GeorgieQ!!!

DandT: welcome to the party :D. I can totally recommend working with BE. I cannot believe how genuinly friendly and professional they are. It's great to work on a project with great people. It seems to reflect in the final jewelry piece. The ring is indeed super comfy!!!!

_23397.jpg

_23398.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always look forward to your threads. You have the most beautiful collection--it must be hard to choose which to wear.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another gorgeous stone and setting! My goodness but the color is amazing. You have the best eye Acinom and your collection is fabulous!!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats and I love the simplicity yet detail of the setting...and I really like the last picture you posted!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous - that color is positively edible. :cheeky:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala said:
I always look forward to your threads. You have the most beautiful collection--it must be hard to choose which to wear.
Thank you nala! I love switching rings every month or week or day :naughty:. Depending on my mood and outfit I pick a matching ring. :twisted:

luv2sparkle said:
Another gorgeous stone and setting! My goodness but the color is amazing. You have the best eye Acinom and your collection is fabulous!!!!
:wavey: I am so inspired by the colored stones forum. It's a true danger zone :shock: . Colors are so fascinating and even more so because I have a strong preference for black clothes.

movie zombie said:
congrats and I love the simplicity yet detail of the setting...and I really like the last picture you posted!
Yes, it's has very ornate details but the lines are simple. BE did such a great job!

Circe said:
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous - that color is positively edible. :cheeky:
:lol: it's indeed quity fruity Circe.

:wavey:

_23436.jpg

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
Hi Acinom,

Your ring is just gorgeous! I apologies in advance if this question is against the rules but can I ask how much the setting cost? I understand the original SS one is quite expensive (4-6 grand?) and was wondering how yours compared.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I just keep coming back. I love everything about this ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nzdiamondlover|1413862364|3770179 said:
Hi Acinom,

Your ring is just gorgeous! I apologies in advance if this question is against the rules but can I ask how much the setting cost? I understand the original SS one is quite expensive (4-6 grand?) and was wondering how yours compared.

Thank you nzdiamondlover! I must admit I am a bit hesitant to answer your question as it can easily lead to the wrong conclusions... The best route is to ask quotes from both vendors.

Singlestone creates only handforged rings and - based on what I've seen on PS - I feel they are worth every single penny. Because of the larger size of my stone and the depth, the price of the setting from SInglestone would have been $ 7.800. For me that's a lot of money, especially in relation to the price of the stone.

I had seen the inspired version from Redroze here on PS and decided to ask a quote from BE. Please note that my ring is CAD/CAST with hand applied engraving and milgrain. So, we are actually comparing Apples with Pears. The price for this platinum setting with bezel from BE was $ 3.000. It will be less in WG and with prongs.

Do you have a stone you would like to set in a similar setting? Please keep us updated.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose|1413903911|3770374 said:
I just keep coming back. I love everything about this ring.

Thank you apacherose!!! We must have the same taste as I am a huge fan of your Gorgeous set. Would love to hear your experience after having worn it for a while.

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
Hi Acinom,

Thanks so much for the answer. I completely agree about the SS original being worth every penny it's gorgeous and the fact they are hand crafted - wow. I would LOVE to be able to get the original but sadly we couldn't afford that much which is why I was as excited to see yours and Redroze's settings because they are stunning as well.
It's still a dream at this point but I would love to get this setting in rose gold with a AVC, bezel rather than prongs. I'm unsure though cause my stone will probably be between .5 to 1 ct and I'm not sure whether they could make the setting so small?
I will contact the vendors and ask them all these when we actually have a stone but I just wanted to see whether it would even be in budget so I could keep dreaming, or try to tell myself that i didn't really love this setting ;(
Again thanks for the reply I really appreciate it! :D

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom- you are too kind. (((hugs))) You gave nzdiamond such a sweet reply, and are always so kind to me and others.

nzdiamond, I bet ERD could do this ring in any size, Ari at SS said it just gets smaller and more delicate with the size of the stone.
examples: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-single-stone-94-oec-bezel-halo-e-ring.171602/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-single-stone-94-oec-bezel-halo-e-ring.171602/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-single-stone-10th-anniversary-ring.200313/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-single-stone-10th-anniversary-ring.200313/[/URL]

Acinom, I also had your setting quoted for me by SS (and Yssie's, too)- I think you made excellent choices- your ring is completely gorgeous. On my rings...my favorite part is the 'vintage incognito' aspect. It is an 'everyday' (prong set solitaire) ring set from normal viewing distance so I'm happy that it blends right in with my peers. And then I love the 'private' visual interest of the diamond and setting details. My concerns are the security of the stone in those 4 little prongs and whether I need a small spacer to keep them from being dented by the band. I did initially contact VanC for a quote on a new head and I would have chosen a head that was more 'secure' looking. The quote was cost prohibitive as that was like buying a new ring as I got the rings on sale so, oh well. It's insured.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an exciting process for you nzdiamond!!! I am sure you will find your dreamstone. I had deleted my inspiration ring photo's and one of them was the ring from Angela, which is the 2nd thread that apacherose posted. Great research Apache :appl:
This design will be very delicate and pretty with a small and elegant stone in the size-range you are looking for. I hope you will receive great quotes.

Hugs to you apacherose :wavey: . I love rings that have a everyday casual feel about them and have this additional 'private luxury' you describe :love: . It's exactly this eyecandy that makes your set a true heirloom set. Thanking for honestly sharing your experiences!!

_23497.jpg

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
apacherose|1413996542|3771040 said:
Acinom- you are too kind. (((hugs))) You gave nzdiamond such a sweet reply, and are always so kind to me and others.

nzdiamond, I bet ERD could do this ring in any size, Ari at SS said it just gets smaller and more delicate with the size of the stone.
examples: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-single-stone-94-oec-bezel-halo-e-ring.171602/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-single-stone-94-oec-bezel-halo-e-ring.171602/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-single-stone-10th-anniversary-ring.200313/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-single-stone-10th-anniversary-ring.200313/[/URL]

Acinom, I also had your setting quoted for me by SS (and Yssie's, too)- I think you made excellent choices- your ring is completely gorgeous. On my rings...my favorite part is the 'vintage incognito' aspect. It is an 'everyday' (prong set solitaire) ring set from normal viewing distance so I'm happy that it blends right in with my peers. And then I love the 'private' visual interest of the diamond and setting details. My concerns are the security of the stone in those 4 little prongs and whether I need a small spacer to keep them from being dented by the band. I did initially contact VanC for a quote on a new head and I would have chosen a head that was more 'secure' looking. The quote was cost prohibitive as that was like buying a new ring as I got the rings on sale so, oh well. It's insured.

Thanks so much for the links apacherose! I hadn't come across these before and they are gorgeous! I loved your description of your ring having special details that are kind of like your little secret for you to enjoy.

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
Acinom|1413998807|3771062 said:
What an exciting process for you nzdiamond!!! I am sure you will find your dreamstone. I had deleted my inspiration ring photo's and one of them was the ring from Angela, which is the 2nd thread that apacherose posted. Great research Apache :appl:
This design will be very delicate and pretty with a small and elegant stone in the size-range you are looking for. I hope you will receive great quotes.

Hugs to you apacherose :wavey: . I love rings that have a everyday casual feel about them and have this additional 'private luxury' you describe :love: . It's exactly this eyecandy that makes your set a true heirloom set. Thanking for honestly sharing your experiences!!

Totally agree with apacherose you are so lovely to be kind to a newbie like me! Thank you for your lovely words, it's still probably 6m-1y away but it's still fun to plan and scheme :Up_to_something:. Thank you again :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nzdiamonover: it's really good that you are already studying on your future diamond and setting. It will help you to make an informed decision.

I am still a relative newbie as well: I feel often overwhelmed by the enormous knowledge here on PS. When I was a true newbie a lot of PSers gave me wonderful advice and support regarding my first overseas project. Without PS I would never ever have taken the plunge.
Now I am glad I can sometimes help others as well :D

All the best finding your dream combination. And please post lots of pics when you have it on your finger in about a year or so :wavey:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again!
I was just oohing and aahing over your new sapphire ring and had to see more pics of this beauty too!!
What an awesome stone.. the color is marvelous!! The setting is perfection.. everything about it is outstanding!!!! :appl: :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a question for you in regards to gemfix.

Did they ship that stone directly to be for you? I ask because there's someone in NZ over in colored stones whowho I might point in the direction of gemfix to find a stone sized for a particular setting, but the cost is more than gemfix will ship outside the us. Sorry to threadjack,but my Acinom beacon wasn't working ;-)

Here's the thread I'm talking.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-for-a-total-newbie-new-to-engagement-rings-gemstones.207655/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-for-a-total-newbie-new-to-engagement-rings-gemstones.207655/[/URL]

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1415452843|3779677 said:

Did they ship that stone directly to be for you? I ask because there's someone in NZ over in colored stones whowho I might point in the direction of gemfix to find a stone sized for a particular setting, but the cost is more than gemfix will ship outside the us. Sorry to threadjack,but my Acinom beacon wasn't working ;-)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-for-a-total-newbie-new-to-engagement-rings-gemstones.207655/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-for-a-total-newbie-new-to-engagement-rings-gemstones.207655/[/URL]

Hi Niel :wavey:
So, the beacon was not working this time but luckily the mail-notification does :D
Gemfix has very strict rules and they will probably not make exceptions. In my case the stone has been sent directly to a jeweller in the US (BE). Chris made some pics for me to be able to review the stone.

Perhaps it's possible to send the stone to an appraiser who sends it to the client in NZ, but it's best to check upfront.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1415453693|3779682 said:
Niel|1415452843|3779677 said:

Hi Niel :wavey:
So, the beacon was not working this time but luckily the mail-notification does :D
Gemfix has very strict rules and they will probably not make exceptions. In my case the stone has been sent directly to a jeweller in the US (BE). Chris made some pics for me to be able to review the stone.

Perhaps it's possible to send the stone to an appraiser who sends it to the client in NZ, but it's best to check upfront.

yeah I knew about that rule. There was a setting a pearlmans that might work for her. I was wondering if gemfix sent the stone to BE, that way they might be able to do the same thing with pearlmans.... I didn't want to suggest it though, because I wasn't sure they would do that or not.

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Gosh this is soooo beautiful. I love the proportion of the stone/bezel
to the shank width.
Acinom do you have a caliper? What is the width of the stone and bezel across, as opposed to the width of the shank right next to the center? And also shank width at the bottom? Even approximate widths would be helpful. I love the proportions of this ring and really want something like it.
Beautiful collection that leaves me speechless. But this latest is just wow.
Enjoy.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the details on this, just beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results