shape
carat
color
clarity

French cut transitional heaven

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
I just recieved my reset back from David Klass and it has left me speechless. I had purchased my stone several years ago from a local antique/vintage jewelry store. I was told it was approximately 2.65 ct, SI2, H. I recently had it removed and certified as 2.70 ct, SI2, I which pleased me especially since once it was removed from its original box type mounting, it appeared huge at 9.2mm. I then lucked upon a pre-loved french cut mounting on LT. I was hopeful that my diamond would fit. I was quoted a rebuild by two vendors and shipped her off to DK, whom I've used for other projects and admire greatly. Once he recieved it and evaluated both, he determined that the mounting did not require a rebuild for my diamond :appl: :appl:

Here is my completed ring that I will forever cherish :love:

The mounting is platinum and contains an additional 1.10 cts of diamonds, VS E/F. Ring size 5. This mounting makes the stone look so much larger than it did previously. I never thought I would remove it from its original mounting, but so glad I did!!

(Not sure why photos are posting sideways-sorry :confused: )

_30322.jpg

_30323.jpg

_30324.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your amazing upgrade!! It's a beautiful ring. Do you know who the jeweller is?

Enjoy wearing your ring. I have a french cut ring as well and enjoy it to the max every single day.
Please share more handpics :wavey:

Edit to add: photo's will be published in the right way if you make them landscape.

_30327.jpg

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1431973622|3878109 said:
Congrats with your amazing upgrade!! It's a beautiful ring. Do you know who the jeweller is?

Enjoy wearing your ring. I have a french cut ring as well and enjoy it to the max every single day.

Edit to add: photo's will be published in the right way if you make them landscape.

Hi Acinom, Thank you for the compliment and fixing my pic :D , but I must be an idiot because I can't get the landscape as an option when I select existing photos. I'll try again later. The original was a Leon Mege and then it was revised for a larger cushion by Steven Kirsch. And SK's signature remains in the shank. Your ring made me realize that I could use a round and love it every bit as much (or more) than a cushion. So you were inspiration :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemajames|1431979117|3878161 said:

Hi Acinom, Thank you for the compliment and fixing my pic :D , but I must be an idiot because I can't get the landscape as an option when I select existing photos. I'll try again later. The original was a Leon Mege and then it was revised for a larger cushion by Steven Kirsch. And SK's signature remains in the shank. Your ring made me realize that I could use a round and love it every bit as much (or more) than a cushion. So you were inspiration :love:

Aah!! You have Wintotty's former setting :love: :love: :love:
I love that setting with the gorgeous high dome frenchies!
Wintotty was one of my inspirations. So proud I was yours 8-)

Not sure how to make pics landscape on a computer. It works great with an iPhone.
The other option is to shoot your photo's landscape.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! It is stunning! I love your stone and the setting is the perfect compliment!

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1431980011|3878173 said:
So gorgeous!!!! :love: One of my favorite settings!
Thank you diamondseeker2006! It's been a favorite of mine forever.

Thanks missy and yennyfire for your compliments as well!

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1431981401|3878186 said:
Gemajames|1431979117|3878161 said:

Aah!! You have Wintotty's former setting :love: :love: :love:
I love that setting with the gorgeous high dome frenchies!
Wintotty was one of my inspirations. So proud I was yours 8-)

Not sure how to make pics landscape on a computer. It works great with an iPhone.
The other option is to shoot your photo's landscape.

Acinom, yes, it was Wintotty's originally. And I've pined over a Leon Mege ring for years. So I guess I kind of own one :lol:

Funny how things can come full circle! Adding a couple more pics from my iPhone to see if that works this time. (And it did not and I'm just picking them off my phone so will have to figure out why :wall: )

_30342.jpg

_30343.jpg

_30344.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Holy cow!!! This is gorgeous! What a neat back story to in terms of how you were able to recreate such a creation. :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You lucky woman! I would have loved to have that setting!!!! It is beautiful, and I hope you love it every single day! Should you not, I will be waiting to see it in preloved!!!

As a side note, but not a threadjack, what did Wintotty switch to?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, gorgeous...love frenchies!

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
luv2sparkle|1431988503|3878228 said:
You lucky woman! I would have loved to have that setting!!!! It is beautiful, and I hope you love it every single day! Should you not, I will be waiting to see it in preloved!!!

Luv2sparkle, I will love this ring every single day! I can't stop staring at it! I never felt this way about it when it was in its original mounting. I think she just needed to be married to the right setting :appl: However, I'll give you dibs should I ever change my mind :wavey: Since I did not buy this directly from Wintotty, I'm not exactly sure where the original cushion landed.

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
SparklySoprano|1431987328|3878220 said:
Holy cow!!! This is gorgeous! What a neat back story to in terms of how you were able to recreate such a creation. :love:

Thank you SparklySoprano! I've learned that there are others with my addiction to fine jewels and it's a challenge to find and match the perfect pair ;-)

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1431989210|3878231 said:
Gorgeous, gorgeous...love frenchies!

Thank you tyty333. I'm a big fan of them too. It's taken me a few years of being on the watch for the perfect one.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Love your new ring! Such a beautiful setting! So glad it worked out for your beautiful stone! Gorgeous! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1431988503|3878228 said:

Wintotty switched to a gorgeous AVR in a simple solitaire and then back to a AVC in a solitaire with surprise stones by Steven Kirsch: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4-27avc-meets-steven-kirsch.191951/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4-27avc-meets-steven-kirsch.191951/[/URL]

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, it's great that you find the dreamring you have coveted for a long time!!

On your smartphone you can alter the dimensions of your photo's. If you see it as a landscape pic or alter it into a landscape pic it will be published in the right way:

_30364.jpg

_30365.jpg

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Rockinruby, lknvrb4, MissGotRocks, artdecolover71 and IDtoTX for your kind words. I've always admired rounds, but tend to gravitate to step cuts and cushions. However, this combo makes my heart sing. The frenchies just seem to make the tranny pop. I'm still working on getting a picture that captures the true beauty :love: :love: :love:

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1432039064|3878424 said:
Ah, it's great that you find the dreamring you have coveted for a long time!!

On your smartphone you can alter the dimensions of your photo's. If you see it as a landscape pic or alter it into a landscape pic it will be published in the right way:

Thanks Acinom for all your help with my picture issues. I'm sure I messed up something because I've not had this issue until my last few posts. I'll toy around with it some more :wall: and hopefully get a few more photos :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results