shape
carat
color
clarity

Fluorescence pics/video of my fiance's engagement ring

Deucer

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I thought I'd post up some flour pics. I'm so glad I picked a stone with this characteristic, both me and the GF are in love with it. Shot a quick video too :). This is a GIA XXX 1.63/I/SI1 with medium fluorescence.

First, just the ring:
img_0429.jpg

Turned on my UV flashlight:
img_0431.jpg

Another shot:
img_0432.jpg

I liked this one, because it highlights the other fluorescent melee diamonds in the setting.
img_0435_0.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxgyWi17WlE&feature=youtu.be

If you want to read some background on the proposal and the ring, check this out: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/proposal-in-san-francisco-spoiler-she-said-yes.186580/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/proposal-in-san-francisco-spoiler-she-said-yes.186580/[/URL]

Thanks again for all the help!

Deucer

Rough_Rock
Re: Flourescence pics/video of my fiance's engagement ring

Holy #$%#! I just left the light on it for a while, then turned it off in the dark, and it turns out that both the main stone and the side stone in the melee are phosphorescent as well!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I"ll try to get a picture!

EDIT: Impossible to geta decent photo with my crappy point and shoot camera... I'll try with the DSLR when I get a chance.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that effect!! I wish all my diamonds had that!! Thanks for sharing --- too cool!!! :appl:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
If you have a tripod you can set your DSLR up to do a long exposure. That should show the phosphorescence if you're having a hard time capturing it.

You'll have to play around with the settings quite a bit!

toBnruG

Rough_Rock
I'm picking up on an old thread here, but this evening I finally convinced my wife to let me borrow her engagement ring (she'll never usually leave the house without it!). I wanted to capture the fluorescence and phosphorescence and I'm pleased to say that I managed :) I hope people enjoy seeing this wonderful effect!
The centre stone is a brilliant cut natural fancy greyish green diamond. It only shows its beautiful green colour in some lighting conditions, especially in sunlight, but last year I discovered these lovely fluorescent and phosphorescent qualities. Since the OP hasn't been able to capture their stone's unusual behaviour yet, hopefully you'll all like to see these in the mean time.

First: Under artificial light.

Second: Under black light.

Third: With light removed (I briefly flashed a dim light on during the 30 second exposure time, just to pick up the surroundings)

artificiallight.jpg

_27639.jpg

nolight.jpg

toBnruG

Rough_Rock
I find it incredibly cool, too! :razz: My wife isn't half as impressed, though, and in particular she doesn't like the phosphorescing colour. It's understandable, since the whole point of the ring is that the greyish green matches her eyes (hence eye shape of ring).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results