shape
carat
color
clarity

Florentive Vs Polished Finish?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
It is time to order my FI''s band but there is something we can''t figure out. We keep seeing the option of florentine or polished finish. What''s the difference? The ring comes from Ireland, so maybe it is a European phase?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Florentine finish is when the surface is lightly engraved with a cross-hatch pattern to give the ring a bit of texture. I love the effect in yellow gold, it gives jewelry an antique feel. There is a pretty good example on e-weddingbands.com: finishes

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Hee, totally posting at the same time as urseberry.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
My mother''s wedding set was flourentined for several years (her set is white gold). I really liked the look and so did she. However, she had some work done to her set (added more bling) and she was asked whether she wanted her set polished or to re-flourentine (so not a real word) her set. She did decide to go the polished route, but he said that he could always add it later if she changes her mind.

I think her set would look nice either way, but she is enjoying the different look. After all, she had the same set for nearly 30 years before modifying it, so I can understand her need to change. My point is, if flourentine is easy to add or take away.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results