shape
carat
color
clarity

First try with macro setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone. This was my first try of taking pictures with the macro setting of the ring I''m going to give to my gf soon. I thought they turned out well so I figured I''d post them. Let me know if you have any other tips on taking great pictures. Thanks, and enjoy!!

profile_close_1746.JPG

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
beautiful! Gotta love that macro setting!

Some natural light (outside near some greenery and sky) always makes for beautiful pics!

...we want more! That profile is drool-worthy!
30.gif
she's going to LOVE it!

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Dockman.. So I see you decided to keep the ring. I''m sure she will love it.

Pictures look good. As others say, natural lighting is the best. Also, make sure you hold the camera steady. I also helps to have the ring against a white/ light background as diamonds reflect color from all sources unless you want some color to be captured intentionally.

So, do you have any proposal plans to share?

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 11:27:54 AM
Author: lesco

Pictures look good. As others say, natural lighting is the best. Also, make sure you hold the camera steady. I also helps to have the ring against a white/ light background as diamonds reflect color from all sources unless you want some color to be captured intentionally.

Actually, I haven''t decided to keep the diamond yet. The setting yes, the diamond, I''ll find out tomorrow. The jeweler is showing me a few more stones tomorrow and I might still upgrade at no extra cost to me. As for proposal ideas, my current thought is to propose on top of the half dome at Yosemite national park. My gf is a big outdoors girl that also appreciates the finer things in life and she''s always wanted to hike the half dome. We''ve made plans to go to Yosemite in Sept, so I have a little while to nail down the details. I''ll keep you posted.

As for lighting, I''ll try to go outside some time. Its been rainy and cloudy here for the last few days and I haven''t had a chance yet. Maybe I''ll post more when I get them. Thanks for all of the suggestions! Keep ''em coming.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did great! Beautiful ring!

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 12:10:50 PM
Author: dockman3

Date: 6/5/2008 11:27:54 AM
Author: lesco

Actually, I haven''t decided to keep the diamond yet. The setting yes, the diamond, I''ll find out tomorrow. The jeweler is showing me a few more stones tomorrow and I might still upgrade at no extra cost to me. As for proposal ideas, my current thought is to propose on top of the half dome at Yosemite national park. My gf is a big outdoors girl that also appreciates the finer things in life and she''s always wanted to hike the half dome. We''ve made plans to go to Yosemite in Sept, so I have a little while to nail down the details. I''ll keep you posted.

As for lighting, I''ll try to go outside some time. Its been rainy and cloudy here for the last few days and I haven''t had a chance yet. Maybe I''ll post more when I get them. Thanks for all of the suggestions! Keep ''em coming.
Awww, I love it when I see guys making such big efforts into the ring and proposal. It''s a good sign the jeweler is working with you on this. I will all turn out great. You definitely have to come back with pictures of the ring on your lucky lady''s hands!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and great pics!! Hurry up and give it to her so we can see hand pics!!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
The ring is BEAUTIFUL!! I am sure your girlfriend is going to be over the moon! Well done with the pics too.
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great photos and pretty ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results