shape
carat
color
clarity

First post, please help me find a setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

junemom

Rough_Rock
Hello, I just found this board a few days ago and am loving it! My boyfriend and I are ready to start ring shopping, and all the choices is overwhelming. Luckily, I have a strong idea of what I "think" I want! I have inherited a RB 1.45 diamond and want this to be the center stone for my new setting. This is what I am looking for: I want a three stone ring that has additional diamonds down the band/shank. I want an antique flair with some engraving, to give it a unique edge. I also want a matching eternity ring that I can have custom made for the ring or that matches the ER, as I want them to sit flush or be sodered toghether. I have looked at flush fit/prescision fit, and nothing really seems special enough to really catch my eye. I have fallen in love with two Leon Mege sets in his custom gallery, but live in Georgia, and would like to see my ring first and try it on, if at all possible....I do like the Tacori rosebud three stone, but am scared from reading so many quality control/workmanship problems with this company, and don''t want to mess with all of that. Last but not least, I do not like dainty bands/shanks, I want it thicker...I saw one setting by Platinum Renaisance, but when I saw it in person, the shank was too thin and dainty for me..... Any ideas?? Thanks so much....
Courtney
emsmile.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, you definitely have a good idea of what you want
2.gif
. I would suggest looking at Pearlmans website for a ton of different style settings. You might very well find something already made. You said you''re in Georgia and I think Solomon Bros. and Union Diamond are reputable and carry huge selections of settings. Pearlman''s doesn''t carry Tacori but they do have this Tacori ring listed in their closeout section..it has the sidestones and some engraving..otherwise, you might want to start gathering pics and go custom ensuring you''ll have everything you are looking for
1.gif

065CO13.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a custom 3 stone from Whiteflash. you could have side rounds put in with dimonds on the shank added too.

tmb_big_0655-017.jpg.jpg

junemom

Rough_Rock
That setting from Whiteflash is very much what I want, with the addition of diamonds on the shank as well! I have a few questions...do you think I should pick pears for the sides or rounds? I never considered Pear shapes until finding this forum
26.gif

Also, does anyone know of a similar ring setting from Soloman brothers, etc. that I could go try on in person that is similar to this Whiteflash custom? Any more photos of other similar rings, please post them!!! Thanks~
Courtney

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I am very partial to Scott Kay b/c I have a 3 stone ring by him.
2.gif
Mine doesn''t have additional side stones nor engraving down the sides, but I thought this one by him is pretty and I am sure there are several jewelers around you that carry his line.

scottkay3stoneantique.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, good find peebles. i was wracking my brain to come up with a ring that had all the things junemom was looking for, that could be it
1.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Mrssalvo...you know I am always checking the SK site for more eye candy!

Here''s one from Solomon Brothers web site by Greg Ruth. May be too busy (at least it would be for me).

gegruth3stonebaguettes.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Simon G also has some 3 stone rings with additional stones down the sides. I can''t find any good pics online but I have seen them at my local jeweler.

Here''s another one on the Solomon Brothers site by Jewels by Star.

jbstart3stone.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Junemom, i really suggest going to one of the big jewelry stores in your area. Rings look sooooo different in person than in these huge internet close up pics. I''m sure you''ll find something that will meet your requirements or find something else you like even better.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Another one of my favorite designers -- Ritani. This one doesn't have engraving but I bet they could put it on for you. I Believe their rings are made so that their bands sit flush.

I really should be cleaning my house instead of doing this, but this is more fun.
2.gif

ETA: The shank might be too dainty for you on the Ritani one.

ritani3stoneroyalcrown.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i tried on that Ritani and i loved it, but the shank is very dainty.

junemom

Rough_Rock
I went to Soloman brothers website, and only liked the Tacori settings...Style # 83937 and # 85010. I do not know how to download the pictures to this post, any help on doing that for future reference, would be greatly appreciated.....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here ya go..

83937.JPG

72401.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results