shape
carat
color
clarity

First anniversary ring advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bshor

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

Well, after nearly a year of wonderful marriage to my new wife -- it's time to think about the first anniversary.
28.gif
Since I received such wonderful advice from here about going with Leon Mege for a custom setting, and Signed Pieces for the wedding band, I come back here now for more.

I purchased a Facets eternity band for my wife from Signed Pieces. I can't seem to find the exact same model number (F2084) on their web site, but it looks largely like this.

19732.jpg

It is on the small and delicate side.

Now I am thinking about a 1st anniversary present. Isaac had told me that eternity bands are good for stacking. Does anybody have experience with "stacking" these rings? Sorry, clueless man here -- I guess this would be worn in lieu of the engagement ring or in addition? Do I simply go for another of the same or similar rings?

Alternatively, is a right hand eternity band a good anniversary complement to an existing eternity band/engagement ring combination?

Thanks for all the help, and looking to hear more from you all!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Generally, "stacking" means eternity band, engagement ring sandwiched in the middle, eternity band. But, really, with a Leon Mege? I don''t think you want to "take away" from the look by adding another eternity band.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
how about a new project? an upgradable right hand ring? pendant? earrings?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is a pendant or earrings completely out of the question?

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Leon Mege? *Perks head up* Can we have a picture of said Leon Mege? Please
9.gif

Scintillating...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are stackable - and not only with the wedding set - she could leave the ering out and wear 2 identical eternity bands stacked for a nice look. However, does she want another identical eternity ring? She might want something else...a pendant would really be nice in my opinion! (And Signed Pieces is having a great sale...so you should check out pendants and earrings too!!)

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Does she like other types of jewelry, as others here have mentioned? I know I never wear earrings and seldom wear bracelets, so I always want a ring or pendant as a gift. Does she like rings more than other types of jewelry? What would she like? Has she dropped any hints?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE stack rings. I think it is a great idea but really as long as jewelry is involved you can do NO wrong.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally wouldn''t add anything to a Leon Mege and wedding band! However, I''ll second the idea of either diamond stud earrings, diamond hoop earrings, or a pendant.

bshor

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your compliments and wonderful ideas. Signed Pieces is having a sale, and some of the items do look really nice...

I used the great idea of getting a temporary setting, proposed to my wife with that, then we custom designed our own setting with Leon's help prior to the wedding. I think I still have the sketches. He was great -- and living in NY made things easier (we now live in Chicago). I'll try to root up some pictures, and if I don't find them, I'll take them after the anniversary very soon!

Maybe I'll save stacking for the next anniversary. But say I do go for the stacked ring -- should it be the same as the original wedding band, or different in some fashion?

By the way, what does an "upgradeable right hand ring" mean? Upgradeable to me means increasing memory on a computer.
26.gif

She rarely wears a bracelet (occasionally for going out), but does wear earrings and necklaces. I was thinking of a ring because the "stacking" idea stayed in my mind from last year, and because I'd avoided giving her rings before we were married -- staying away from trouble, if you know what I mean.
19.gif
But I can give her a ring for the right hand.

Incidently, I assume I should be targeting the ring finger of the right hand (though I've seen her wear rings on her index fingers, too, for fun). Any size differences between left and right ring fingers I should be aware of? She's right-handed.

About pendants and earrings: her e-ring and band are both set in platinum -- so it best to match that with platinum settings, or is white gold ok too?

Thanks for all the quick replies -- this reminds me of why I've sent my soon-to-be-married male friends here.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Well I cant answer all the questions but I will do my best.

Date: 6/9/2006 12:59:23 AM
Author: bshor
Thank you all for your compliments and wonderful ideas. Signed Pieces is having a sale, and some of the items do look really nice...

I used the great idea of getting a temporary setting, proposed to my wife with that, then we custom designed our own setting with Leon's help prior to the wedding. I think I still have the sketches. He was great -- and living in NY made things easier (we now live in Chicago). I'll try to root up some pictures, and if I don't find them, I'll take them after the anniversary very soon!

Maybe I'll save stacking for the next anniversary. But say I do go for the stacked ring -- should it be the same as the original wedding band, or different in some fashion? I would say yes it should be the say but others might disagree

By the way, what does an 'upgradeable right hand ring' mean? Upgradeable to me means increasing memory on a computer. Means its a ring you buy now that she can upgrade or change in the future, ie bigger diamond, change the setting, if she so chooses

She rarely wears a bracelet (occasionally for going out), but does wear earrings and necklaces. I was thinking of a ring because the 'stacking' idea stayed in my mind from last year, and because I'd avoided giving her rings before we were married -- staying away from trouble, if you know what I mean. But I can give her a ring for the right hand.

Incidently, I assume I should be targeting the ring finger of the right hand (though I've seen her wear rings on her index fingers, too, for fun). Any size differences between left and right ring fingers I should be aware of? She's right-handed. Some people have different sized fingers, many here do that I have read about. I however have the same sized fingers. So you will have to find out somehow

About pendants and earrings: her e-ring and band are both set in platinum -- so it best to match that with platinum settings, or is white gold ok too? I think its fine to get a pendant or earings in wg but if you get another ring for her to stack or wear on an adjecent finger it should be plat because otherwise they will eat away at eachother (or so I have read on here)

Thanks for all the quick replies -- this reminds me of why I've sent my soon-to-be-married male friends here. Woo hoo you are a good man
2.gif

Good luck with the project and we can't wait to see some photos and let us know what you do!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results