shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY!!! Wabi-sabi got a new home.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
and finally, Ella Bella is very excited that Mommy & Daddy are making it legit!

fffellaandring.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! Its so pretty - classic, and yet different.

Congrats on the engagement too - you must be so excited
9.gif
36.gif
30.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
So when do we get to hear about the specs and proposal story?

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Ella said that previous picture was a disaster...no one can see HER!

fffellaandmyring.jpg

Rube

Shiny_Rock
What a FABULOUS ring!!!
23.gif
30.gif

Congratulations on your engagement and your new piece of art. And I LOVE your cat.

Rube

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely stunning from every angle! I love the cat pics! hehe

Enjoy!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2005 4:45:16 PM
Author: fountainfairfax

being in optics,
6.gif
the mm ruler is always on hand!
... all this diamond cut mania must have been quite a piece of cake for you.... if it ever mattered.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!

I know it''s an emotional time anyway, but I got all choked-up just reading your posts, do we have a "smile" for happy tears?! Of course it''s aways nice when someone compliments your ring, but when it comes from all of you it''s extra special
9.gif
I''ve spent so much time here, learning, laughing, feeling a little jealous at times (ok, a lot jealous a lot of the time
21.gif
) and while we had the ring designed for our tastes, there was always a little bit of me that prayed "please let my fellow PSers like it, too"

So thanks to all of you for you kind words.....

Scintillating- thanks so much for the links- I don''t even know how to do that without just copying the whole address
3.gif
That was really great of you!

Amandapanda & Appletini- two great fellow LIWs- thanks for your kind words, do I have to leave the LIW??
3.gif
Where will I vent? (and Amanda, how about martinis in NYC soon
3.gif
)

Widget- such sweet compliments! Your kind, encouraging posts have meant so much to me. I always drool over each and every piece you post and aren''t you expecting the most beautiful ring in the world any day now? I keep checking back constantly!

Mara & Aljdewey- thanks to the PS partners in crime for the kind words!

Valeria aka Ana- I refer back to so many of your posts whenever I have a question and have learned so much. I always remembered a comment you made once about loving bezels and thought "see, I''m not so crazy for loving them, too" Thanks for the wide w-band idea...sounds great to me!!!

Mrssalvo- thanks for taking my little journey with me, it means a lot that you followed it and always had such nice things to say
9.gif

Wow! Thanks to all of the "Halo Queens" who by far have the most spectacular collection to be found on the web (or anywhere)-
9.gif
Diamondlil, Firegoddess, Shay & Mine!

Kaleigh- I''ve been wiping up drool off the keyboard for months over your rings, thank you so much!

Rascal49- how did miss when stretch became rascal?
3.gif
Thank''s for the kindness!

Demelza, Bling, Paula, Rube & Jelly- thank you all for all the nice compliments & support!

AmberG- I have loved following your weight loss and the beautiful photos of you & your dress. I only wish I could could look so great in a wedding dress!

Ok, I hear the music to get off stage, a la the academy awards
3.gif

But thank you all so much for your kindness!!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
FFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!! It is even better than I imagined it would be--HOORAY!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SO MANY congrats on the engagement and on the one-of-a-kind-pardon-my-drool RING!!! So happy for you
9.gif
9.gif

(And I adore your oscar speech--I''ve told the conductor to give you more time before the band starts up, please go on!!
2.gif
)

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I especially LOVE the side profile!
30.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
and as for the specs.....

Custom 900 platinum design by Michael Devlin of Devlin Jewelry Design, Sebastopol, CA

center stone is an omc, inherited from my Aunt/Godmother, which was formerly in her MIL''s broach (keeping up the tradition)

2.21 ct (8.21x7.47x5.45) table 52.3, depth 69.5

SI-1

color M (doesn''t do too bad in it''s new platinum home, though)

cut is medium good, girdle extremely thin in places (hence the bezel) polish & symmetry both good

4 five pointers, two on each side SI-1 H

My Fiance Eric (even at the advanced age of 37 that''s still fun to say) actually managed to suprise me, even though I knew the ring had arrived. Shortly after midnight on the 13th I was recovering from a bad day and was laying down, ready to pass out. He came in to cuddle and asked me what I was going to do the next day, since I had the day off. I said that I thought I''d pack (we''re moving) clean & run errands. He said "Well I think we should spend tomorrow as our first day as an engaged couple." He had the ring, slipped it on my finger and asked me to marry him- I screamed & cried "yes, yes, of course" and then hugged, laughed, cried & kissed for about 10 minutes before I even looked at the ring!!!!!

October 13th isl when we plan to "elope" next year, so it was a very special day for us!

Yay Eric!!!!!!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
W
30.gif
W! What a unique design. It''s beautiful and congratulations!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
It''s fit for a Queen! Unique, stylish and looks wonderful on your hand. Congrats!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: fountainfairfax
He said 'Well I think we should spend tomorrow as our first day as an engaged couple.' He had the ring, slipped it on my finger and asked me to marry him-
HOW SWEET!!!!!!
30.gif
I think I've just fallen in love with him!!
2.gif

FFF...Tell us how you found Michael Devlin! Didn't I read somewhere that you're from LI, NY?? You know, Sebastopol CA is NOT a major metropolis!
28.gif
I live in the same county and I'm ashamed to admit I hadn't heard of him. He does fabulous work.

widget

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Yay FFF!!!!! I am so happy for you. The ring is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
I know the wait was killing you but it's so worth it in the end. Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ETA I just went back and read the actual proposal story--too cute for words!!!!! Woooooohooooooooo!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
awwwwwwwwww what a cutie your FI is! and what a fantastic ring!!! love the history of the stone and the setting...
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

now please join us over at the brides forum...
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
You can be an honorary LIW, and you can vent anytime. What a cute proposal...I love it! I love the pic with your cat. I know this must be a very exciting time for you!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!

It looks even better than the wax made it look!

30.gif

Bezels rule!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s just beautiful.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh fff- it turned out BEAUTIFULLY! i am so in love with those old stones... and the setting fits it so well.

and you know we never get tired of pictures.

congrats again
36.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
It is stunning! Absolutely! I love the ring, the stone looks super white and those suprise diamonds are killer. you are a very lucky girl!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It looks beautiful!
30.gif

This is coming from another "advanced age" 37 yr old...LOL
9.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
btw i also love the shot straight down. it fits your hand perfect. enjoy your weekend with your FIANCE!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh, what a sweet proposal!!!! I''m so happy for you! And your ring is just beautiful....so unique, and so gorgeous! I LUUV the surprise diamonds.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all congratulations on the proposal! How exciting! Now to the ring, wow, it is beautiful. I cannot believe it is a "m". It looks white. And your pictures are so clear. I am so impressed.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Tacori - I was just going to say the same thing - an M???? Noooooo way. That must be magic platinum cause I guessed way wrong
6.gif

FFF that is a very stunning ring. I love absolutely everything about it. I already know what my ering looks like and when I saw your first pic I thought...

OMG I want that instead!!!!

Simply gorgeous
10.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is beautiful!!! don''t mean to copy everyone else, but the profile is just perfect, i really do love it. congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I LOVE it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

The side profile is sooo pretty!
36.gif

What a great combination of an older/sentimental stone with your own taste.

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
it is so unique! it''s nice to have an heirloom on your hand. what a beautiful story. the best of life to both of you
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHH YES!

Touch down! Lift off! The eagle has landed.

Supreme. Divine. Transcendent. Spectacular ... It took me a couple of hours to even compose myself enough to post! I've followed this like a nighttime soap ... and WOW. So happy for you! So envious of your unique, one-of-a-kind, sentimental, elegant WHOPPER.

Only partially peeved that you totally had the same idea I did -- about posting the steering wheel shots -- and got there BEFORE ME! (I have some tricks up my sleeve when the time comes - oh you wait).

Hope you find lots of new places/angles/reasons to shoot that puppy. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants MORE. And then we'll all pick out a band together. This show's not cancelled right? Just on to a new season ... and new cliffhangers!

And ... the "Love Energy Audacity Proof" ... I think your ring is all that & more in a tight, sparkly package.

ETA: I'm a 38 y.o. LIW .. so, if we ever met, I get through the door first.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results