shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY!

sgc3301

Rough_Rock
After 4 months of looking at diamonds, asking you wonderful PSers for help, and approving (mostly rejecting) CADs, I bought my soon to be fiance's ring (i'm assuming she'll say yes...) The trouble with this ring was my gf wants a pear shaped center with pear sides with a halo set in an antique-ish carriage. Having unsuccessfully found a similar one to this design I find myself worried it couldn't happen. After, rejecting three rounds of CADs (more like sending back for improvements) we got on the same page and I said to myself "ah screw it. just make it and let's see what it looks like." I really was just anxious and I think i would have kept finding something to tweak. Long story short, I really like it. I think she will love it and I finally understand why people ALWAYS say "the pictures don't do it justice." here are some pics I took with my iphone. I will try with my nikon once she's not around. It was sunny as heck here yesterday and the fire was just jumping off the stones. Of course hand shots to follow once i do the deed. (please ignore my dirty hands. I was doing yard work!)

Center stone specs:
1.90 carats
F color
I1
L/W: 1.52

Platinum setting
Pear side stones totaling .5 carats (i wanted to go bigger but i was told they'd be stabbing her fingers...)
21 1mm round diamonds in the halo
12 1mm round diamonds in the shanks for a total of .30 carats combined with halo
one_1.jpg
two_1.jpg
three_0.jpg
four_0.jpg
five.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did an AWESOME job!!! It's lovely and super, super blingy!!! :appl:

sushi

Shiny_Rock
Oh I love it! I have a pear e-ring, and I always wanted a halo, but my husband decided against it when he designed my ring. I love my ring, but still hold a very very special place in my heart for them.

You did so well! Love the pear sides too!

Good luck, that's one lucky lady!

Xoxo sushi

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful. I love pears surrounded by a halo. It looks superb and the stone looks protected and less vulnerable.

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
:appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Love a big pear!!! Well done!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
How could she say no?!! It's amazing, you did a fantastic job! I'm impatiently awaiting handshots!! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like you got her exactly what she wanted - lucky girl and beautiful ring!

jacy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Very nice job incorporating all of her wishes! I'm sure she'll love it!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like that it is different than most pear settings, good job!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh. More pics needed. That's one heck of a ring!!! I can't wait to see the details better pictures will provide!! CONGRATULATIONS!

sgc3301

Rough_Rock
I finally proposed on Aug 1 during a nice surprise dinner at our favorite NYC restaurant. I had the manager create a four course meal with wine pairings and they printed up special menus just for us. She was under the impression we were there for her birthday but after two courses of very awkward and nervous conversation (she says she knew something was up because I was paying too close attention to what she was saying! lol) I finally popped the question. Unfortunately, I don't have action pics but here are some hand shots.

photo_88.jpg
photo-1_8.jpg
photo-2_10.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh wow! That's gorgeous!!! It looks perfect on her hand!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That ring is gorgeous & huge...wow! Really blingtastic!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!! Gorgeous ring! :love: All the best for a happy and healthy future together!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You did a terrific job on the ring too - it looks great on her hand!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful planning - the ring is amazing and super spectacular and I love the dinner with the menu and wine pairing!!! I think its hilarious she knew something was up because you were actually paying attention to her convo!! That's so funny!!! Always keep the humour in your relationship and you'll make it work!!

Congratulations SGC!!!

RadiantK

Rough_Rock
WOW, you did such a great Job. Her ring is amazing, can you share who made it for you, I would like one similar with trapezoids.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results