shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally some pictures of my bling!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Here is a not-so-great photo of my original 2mm yellow gold wedding band with my three stone twentieth anniversary present and my colorless Memoire eternity band in platinum. :loopy: The center stone is 1.13 ct E VS1 Lazare ideal cut with F VS1 sidestones. More postings to follow. :naughty:

IMG00550-20120115-2054 (1).jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!!!! :love: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

So far so good--looking forward to more! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, SparklyOEC, DS and canuk gal!!!!! :D

Here are my Memoire w/three stone AND an art deco baguette and round set in platinum that I found it at a local estate sale. I can't remember the carat weight of the baguettes and rounds, but the color is F and clarity of all stones is VS.

I love the look of the art deco band with the three stone ring! :halo:

Memoire, three stone and art deco band.jpg

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, DS! This is not the one I bought when my grandson was born. I can't get a good picture of it tonight. :(

But here are a few more pictures...more to come tomorrow if I don't get slammed at work! What do you think? Do I need to upgrade my eternity band to wear with my new stone? :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMG00581-20120115-2324.jpg

IMG00584-20120115-2326.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are in very fine shape with eternity rings! :bigsmile: I'd really like to have your Memoire! :love:

We need to spur you on to getting that new diamond set even if it is in a temp setting!!!! :naughty: It is too beautiful to sit in a box!!!!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
You'd never guess it's an L color, would you?!

Face up, it looks colorless, even next to a colorless band!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
I did see it, I think, when you posted it for Blueiris. It is beautiful! I love the lines of it...just so very elegant, classic and timeless, which is so important to both of us. :D

I love the look of Bliss' Vatche solitaire with her eternity band, and I am excited to see your new one too! :appl: :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is some serious blingage lady!! You definitely need to get that beauty set! I think the proportions are perfect with your eternity band...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! You are on lucky lady, what fantastic bling!!!!! :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your bling! Let us know when you are ready to set that new stone! I'm picturing a more vintage setting...

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think the new diamond looks delish with your current band! I like daintier bands when worn with a solitaire, they really make the main diamond pop. Larger eternities are better worn alone IMO.

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, yennyfire, DandiAndi and tyty333! :)

Here is a (very blurry!) photo of my ering DH proposed with thirty-two and half years ago (20pt. G SI GIA cert) on my 18th birthday. This is the ring on which the jeweler RUINED my Tiffany-esque prongs. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: I am getting it fixed soon: I just have to find time to drop it off at my new local jeweler. :rolleyes:

But my, how things have changed...can you even see that diamond?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sigh...we were so very young.

IMG00607-20120116-0928.jpg

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
And just for sentiment...

....here is a photo of my original wband, ering and ninth anniversary band. :)

IMG00612-20120116-0951.jpg

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Owie's Nana, look at all your pretty rings! You have quite a gorgeous collection. I love that Art Deco band! I would like something like that to wear with my e-ring or on its own, someday.

And I agree with DS, it's beyond time to set that beautiful stone so you can really enjoy it (and we can, too! :appl: ) I think your Memoire band looks great with it but of course, once it's set you'll have a better idea if it's the right size. What is the weight of each stone?

My first wedding set looked a lot like yours (same era, of course!) Mine was a 3/4 ct. oval, set in 14K yellow gold in the plainest of settings. He and I knew nothing about diamonds, and it wasn't until many years later that I found out it was an I1. I knew it had a black spot (unfortunately, right on the table) but I had no idea what that meant. Ah, the days of innocence! My sweet then-fiance went to a jeweler who showed him two ovals only. One was about 1/2 ct. but higher in color/clarity, and the other was the 3/4 ct. He told my husband that "All girls want the biggest diamond they can get" and advised him to go for the 3/4 ct., in spite of the I1 clarity (my husband had no idea what that level of clarity meant, either - some jewelers didn't do much educating back then, I guess!). I wore that ring proudly and happily for many years, though, and might still be, if it hadn't been lost - and if I had never found PS where I finally really learned about diamonds.

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1326730537|3104242 said:
I think the new diamond looks delish with your current band! I like daintier bands when worn with a solitaire, they really make the main diamond pop. Larger eternities are better worn alone IMO.

Thanks for the input, Asscherhalo_lover! I like to have option, as you will see if I can ever get pictures taken and posted of all of my bands. I do love a big, blingy five or seven stone wb with a large solitaire, but I also love smaller, more dainty wedding bands that focus the attention on the center stone. Oh, I would LOVE to have so many choices!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

And even though I have several channel set bands, I prefer the look of prongs, although setting a pronged eternity with two channel set bands is lovely. I do that with my Memoire band and the two channel eternities DH gave me several years ago for Christmas.

And here is a photo of the entire gift from that Christmas...I think it was 2004 or 2005.

IMG00613-20120116-1136.jpg

IMG00616-20120116-1141.jpg

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
blueiris|1326732726|3104266 said:
Owie's Nana, look at all your pretty rings! You have quite a gorgeous collection. I love that Art Deco band! I would like something like that to wear with my e-ring or on its own, someday.

And I agree with DS, it's beyond time to set that beautiful stone so you can really enjoy it (and we can, too! :appl: ) I think your Memoire band looks great with it but of course, once it's set you'll have a better idea if it's the right size. What is the weight of each stone?

My first wedding set looked a lot like yours (same era, of course!) Mine was a 3/4 ct. oval, set in 14K yellow gold in the plainest of settings. He and I knew nothing about diamonds, and it wasn't until many years later that I found out it was an I1. I knew it had a black spot (unfortunately, right on the table) but I had no idea what that meant. Ah, the days of innocence! My sweet then-fiance went to a jeweler who showed him two ovals only. One was about 1/2 ct. but higher in color/clarity, and the other was the 3/4 ct. He told my husband that "All girls want the biggest diamond they can get" and advised him to go for the 3/4 ct., in spite of the I1 clarity (my husband had no idea what that level of clarity meant, either - some jewelers didn't do much educating back then, I guess!). I wore that ring proudly and happily for many years, though, and might still be, if it hadn't been lost - and if I had never found PS where I finally really learned about diamonds.

Thank you so much, blueiris! DH did do some research on diamonds with our local jeweler before he asked me to marry him, so he knew he wanted close to colorless, and this litle diamond is very sparkly. :appl: I used to look at it for hours under the lights in church (when I should have been listening to the sermons)! :saint:

But then I found out that he spent more money on his stereo than he did on my ring :-o :-o :-o :(sad.

He has more than made up for it in recent years though. :D :D :D

More later.... :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh...that story about his stereo costing more than your ring majorly made me laugh!!!!! I am SO glad he has made up for THAT!!!

I also had a yellow gold solitaire, but mine was 1 carat, also uncertified and we knew zero about cut. It was F color and we couldn't see the inclusions but it was very bright and pretty with a huge table! We were 21, but I liked diamonds (and jewelry in general) even back then and he was very sweet to get me what I wanted. I wore it with a yg band with little beadset diamonds across the top for 30 years. :)) My wedding band was actually messed up being resized and that had something to do with the thought of getting a reset or new set. And my hubby voted new set and to leave those as they are (except I do need to get the wedding band repaired).

That sapphire and diamond eternity is gorgeous!! :love: You will have some great bands to wear with the new diamond!

(Oh, and I still sometimes catch a glimpse of my rings in church (good lighting!) and have to snap out of that! :-o )

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
I can laugh about it now too, DS, but at the time I was majorly crushed. :confused:

He would say he has learned a few things since he took me on my first date in November 1977, but sometimes I wonder. He just asked me last night if there would ever be a time when my "collection" would be complete.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So I asked him if he was finished collecting tools.... :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here are a few more bands I've gathered. The top one on my middle finger is the one I bought when my grandson was born. :love: :love: The bottom middle I bought from a friend who was liquidating her jewelry box.

IMG00618-20120116-1414.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! Well, when we bought our new house a couple of years ago, the lot had to be big enough to add an extra 2 car brick garage/workshop (with upstairs) for my hubby! So I remind him that we haven't spent nearly as much on my jewelry in that time period! They forget things like tools, etc.! So I don't feel bad at all!

I love all the old rings, too! I have a few of those as well. We have very similar taste (as well as some other people on the other thread)!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Owie's Nana, I'd say he has more than made up for his stereo, too! :lol: I'm enjoying seeing your beautiful collection of rings. You'll have so many great options once you get your stone set!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
For my last (terrible!) picture of the day, here is my three stone ring (complete with dog hair on center stone!) with my "gently used" HOF "approximately 1ctw." three prong martini studs (bought at 40% of retail for approximately 1ctw. stones and confirmed by local HOF vendor) that turned out to be...(drum roll please)...

1.28ctw...just like my sidestones on my three stone ring (except they are a slightly warmer G Vs1)! TA DAAHHHHHH! :appl:
:appl: :appl: :appl:

I am THRILLED... :D except now they are shrinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

These photos are a sampling of some of my favorite bling. :lickout: :love:

But in all seriousness though, I have been blessed with many things that money can not buy. There is nothing like the wide-eyed joy of a three year old boy wearing his red Lightning McQueen hat and running down the sidewalk with his arms spread as far apart as they can be so that he can fall into the arms of his waiting Nana.

There is nothing like a telephone call from a daughter or a hearty laugh with a son whose very voices can bring such joy and pride to the heart of a mother.

There is nothing like a quiet morning cup of coffee across the table from the man who has made it for you because you work late nights and need all the help you can get first thing in the morning to get your day off to a good start.

There is nothing like learning how to love someone over and over again for ten, twenty, thirty...or more years.

The bling is fun...but these things are the real treasures. :love: :love: :love:

:D

IMG00628-20120116-1456.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
;( So sweet and so true!!!

(And great deal on the HOF earrings! Mine are almost identical, ACA's and 1.30 ctw, G VS1/VS2! While those were the right size for your three stone ring, you are definitely going to have to do some stud upgrading when you start wearing that 4 ct. rock!!! :naughty: Now I know why you were looking at Phoenix's diamonds!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results