shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally Pics of My E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got hold of a decent camera to take pics of my ring. Excuse the wrinkly hands!
40.gif
They don''t look that bad from far away, but boy with a zoom in, on macro setting, all the wrinkles show up!!
20.gif
Anyway, hope they post...

1 My Ring.jpg

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Okay that was huge.
23.gif
Here''s another one, hopefully smaller.

2 My Ring.jpg

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Cool, that worked better...Last two

3 My Ring.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
oooooooh beautiful!! i loooooove surprise diamond settings!
3.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Last one...

4 My Ring.jpg

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
how pretty- I especially like the "suprise" diamond on the side! may I ask who makes the setting, as it looks similar to a Ritani I had been eying....Thank you for sharing and enjoy your gorgeous ring!

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Resized first one....

1 My Ring 2.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the "last one" pic! such a glorious setting!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring, that is a really beautiful setting. I especially like the suprise diamonds!!

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments! It''s a Scott Kay platinum setting, with a surprise diamond on both sides. I never saw myself with a three round stone setting (thought I just wanted a round center stone) but when my fiance and I saw this one it just stood out! I definitely recommend going to a jeweler and trying on different settings. When I looked at this setting on the internet it didn''t do anything for me, but in person it''s just sang!!
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
could you post some specs?
please
20.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I love the surprise diamond and the way the diamonds seem to float from the side view.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I must say this ring is very sparkly!! Today it is finally sunny here and I have just been admiring all the flashes and sparks that fly off of this ring. If I''m not careful I am going to run off the road looking at it!
9.gif
No obsession here
3.gif
.. Anyway here''s the specs:

Center Diamond: 1.19ct H&A (Good Old Gold)
Color: J
Clarity: VVS2
Total Depth: 61.1%
Pavilion Depth: 43.1%
Pavilion Angle: 40.9 degrees
Table Percentage: 56%
Crown Height: 15.1%
Crown Angles: 34.4 degrees
Polish & Symmetry: Ideal
Florescence: Faint

Two Side Diamonds: (this is approxmiate, I am going from memory from the appraisal)
Size: .51TCW (~.25ct each)
Color: G
Clarity: VS

I don''t have any other specs on them, but my independent appraiser said that where of very good quality and cut. I thought this was especially significant considering it was a stock Scott Kay ring from our local jeweler.
I am not sure on the size of the 2 surprise diamonds.

After looking at and admiring all the beautiful rings here on pricescope I am glad to finally be able to share mine! It also helped me decide that a J color is perfectly okay for a platinum setting (I was leaning towards an H at the most before). I did go for a higher clarity, more for my peace of mind than anything, although I have been known to be able to see flaws fairly easily.
Thanks for all the compliments. I am definitely glad that I found GOG and pricescope, among others before purchasing. It made all the difference in the world!
Anyway, enjoy (I sure am!!!).
10.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Wow!
36.gif

Love the ring and I can''t believe that the center stone is a J and the sides are G.
You are bold! Why such a jump in color I thought that people always said to match the diamonds

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is so pretty! I love that setting. I am really starting to like three stone rings...........
The problem with PS, is everytime I see a new ring posted........... I want it!!!

I love the two diamonds on the side.

Congratulations!!

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for all the nice comments!
4.gif

lmurden: I bought the center diamond before I even really knew what the setting was going to look like. When we tried on settings at the jewelers, he put my loose diamond in the Scott Kay setting and it just looked awesome. I didn''t even know what the side diamonds color was until I had it appraised.
Luckily, with such a good cut on the center diamond, the color difference is not really noticable at all, especially from the top looking down. Sometimes, in certain lights, if I hold it up and look at it from the side I can see the color from the J, but it''s not an obvious difference.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
wow, i couldn''t believe your specs said that stone is a J! very pretty and white! congratulations
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love your setting! From the side it''s so pretty how you can see the stones and the surprise diamonds blend right in. Great choice!

And your center stone is beautiful too!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!
30.gif
The stone is gorgeous and the setting is just perfect!! I love the profile shot. Congrats!!!
36.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring Amanda! I love the side view -- both the surprise stones and the way you can see the shape of the other stones. So many times the prongs hide the stones form the side view.

flee12

Rough_Rock
Hi Amantdecat,

Great job! I love surprise diamonds! How wide is your band?

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very pretty ring. Love the setting and the main diamond does not look like a J!!! It is very firey and bright!!
9.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Thats an awesome setting! I love how the stones look suspended (it doesn''t have that extra bar covering the stones). its so pretty and different! Do you have a view of the top of the ring, like looking down on your finger?

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks once again for all the compliments!
flee12: I am not sure how wide the band is, although it is not overly wide. I would say it is of average width. It''s a size 4.75.
MelissaSue: I will try and get hold of another good camera and take pics from the top down. Oh how I wish I had a decent camera!
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results