shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally my New E-Ring Setting has arrived!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kaili, Cinderella, rms, SanDiegoLady, and of course Pebbles!!
9.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I was just thinking today, oh, it's Friday, Rascal's ring should be ready. And here it is!!! I just love it!!! Really, it's so beautiful and simple and elegant. I love the bullets and the head and the slight knife-edge. It's so great and I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations!!! Oh, and I agree with Kaleigh about the wedding band -- maybe an eternity band with the baguettes set east to west???

ETA Something like this?

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=1950

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rascal,
That band that Dem gave you the link to was just what I had in mind. Yummmm. Dem you and I think alike!!!
3.gif
9.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dem and Kaleigh!

That wedding ring is exactly what I was thinking (although probably not full eternity due to $$ contraints
2.gif
). I am definitely going down to SP over the next week or two to try some rings on hehe. It will only be like my third visit
3.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new setting! It looks fantastic!
I agree with the suggestions of either baguettes east to west or a plain thin band. Cant go wrong!
What were some of the issues with your orig setting? I had a channel set at first too. It kept loosening (the stones), and also, it was white gold and it kept turning yellow - a problem I never had before or since with other white gold pieces. We got it at a good price but I guess we got what we paid for
7.gif
I eventually got so sick of it that I changed settings too!
Anyway I love yours and your stone is divine!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2005 10:06:05 PM
Author: gailrmv
Congrats on the new setting! It looks fantastic!
I agree with the suggestions of either baguettes east to west or a plain thin band. Cant go wrong!
What were some of the issues with your orig setting? I had a channel set at first too. It kept loosening (the stones), and also, it was white gold and it kept turning yellow - a problem I never had before or since with other white gold pieces. We got it at a good price but I guess we got what we paid for
7.gif
I eventually got so sick of it that I changed settings too!
Anyway I love yours and your stone is divine!
Thanks Gailrmv!

The biggest problems with the old setting was that it had uneven channels and uneven stones in the channels. Not to mention the repair work done to try to fix these problems was mediocre at best IMO. Thankfully, I never lost a stone, but these other issues were driving me crazy! Thankfully the jeweler did replace the setting
1.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I love the new setting! Especially the bullets because those aren''t very common and nice alternative to baguettes.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Rascal, your ring is gorgeous. Your SI stone certainly encourages me to look at them next time I''m on the market for a diamond. Congratulations.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE it!! Your center stone certainly pops in the new setting making it look really huge and ditto on the bullets what a great choice!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
it''s gorgeous! I absolutely adore the bullets- so classy!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks appletini, MiniMouse, princessv, and icekid!

I will try to get some decent hand shots now that I have more daylight to work with
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow rascally, i love the new setting...it looks so sleek and sexy!
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the difference is night and day between those two settings.

The first one was pretty, but the second one is WOW! All you see at first is that diamond...no distractions like on your old setting.

And I love the sidestones and how beautiful the platinum is! The V that holds the ends of the bullets and then the knife edge on the band...perfect!

I have the diamond in my wedding band set up fairly high and I love it. Show that baby off!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara and Patty!

I''m going to try to get some daylight pics tomorrow (hopefully!)
3.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I agree - the first setting did take away from the center stone.

Your new setting is wonderful - that diamond really stands out now!

Good job on selecting the new setting.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your new setting is so pretty and classy and it really makes the center stone POP compared to your old setting. Good job!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MissGotRocks and Sundial!

I agree, my center stone is really the focus of this setting, compared to my old one. And I really love the four prongs opposed to six on my diamond...the six seemed to overpower it for some reason.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE this setting! It really makes the center stone pop and draws the eye to exactly where it should go!
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I love the bullets on the side. Your new setting is just to die for. Congrats. I think it just makes your diamond pop. Love, love, love it.

shay

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
A belated thanks to Shay and CoutureFemme!

Here is another pretty bad hand shot:

PICT0474ab.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
And here is an interesting pic IMO
1.gif

PICT0478a.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning ring!
30.gif
Congratulations!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somehow I missed your thread the first time around. It is so elegant and classic. Very pretty. I like it much better than your first setting. I agree that a wedding band with baguettes would look killer.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how simplifying the setting put the focus on that gorgeous center stone! A true testament to the diatribe the sometimes, less IS more! It''s beautiful and you should be so proud to wear it!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Late to this thread as well..

Boy does that center pop. Your sidestones here do exactly what they are supposed to - complement and draw attention to the center, not away from it. For a wedding band, have you considered a matching baguette band? (center straight bag flanked by two tapered) It is a very classic look and would match your new e-ring very well.

PS: Rascal, you take great pics! Your diamond is on fire
1.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Not sure how I missed this thread too.

It''s a lovely ring! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new setting. SO much sparkle!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I also missed this the first time, but WOW it is GORGEOUS!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I agree that it is far more elegant and classic than your original setting, but mainly I''m just glad you love it now! It really is stunning and the twist of them being bullets is such an amazing detail!!!
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2006 9:58:23 PM
Author: Rascal49
And here is an interesting pic IMO
1.gif
Oh I love this shot, how neat! Please post more I just love your bullets!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!! I was just looking in the Show Me the Ring folder, and I was surprised to see my thread again
3.gif
lol.

I''m happy to report that I STILL love my ring, and I have *crossing my fingers* NOT had any problems with the ring either
2.gif
9.gif

As for a wedding band, I went down to SP in NYC and bothered them for a while trying on all different types of rings. And I just ordered Friday an eternity band with alternating baguette and round stones from SP. I didn''t try it on in at SP, but I have tried several similar rings on at local jewelry stores, so I thought I would give it a try. If I don''t love it, I think I''m going to just go with channel set rounds, since I tried all different sizes on at SP and liked the look as a whole. So we shall see
2.gif

And Matatora, I''ll try to take more pics tomorrow, maybe I can actually get a good hand shot or two LOL.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Here is the band:

15138.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results