shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally... my bead set e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Couture

Rough_Rock
After searching this site along with tons of others for countless hours, my custom made engagement ring is finally done.
I went with a bead set (pave) setting similar to some that Leon Mege has done. Gingerbcookie, a new Tiffany's ring, and many others inspired and contributed to my dream ring. It is not everyone's style, but I love it and I think it fits my personality and style well.
Center stone is a RB
2.03 ct
G, SI2
Platinum setting with 1.7ctw diamonds
shank is 2.5 mm wide
ring size 4

Thanks to all pricescopers, your posts and pictures helped me so much!!
1.gif

**NEW PICTURES ON PAGE 2**

DSC03189.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. Would love to see more pics! I like the bead setting!

Couture

Rough_Rock
It is so hard to get good pictures. I envy all the gilrs who get those crisp close ups with all the sparkle...

DSC03129.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! Congratulations!!

jayrenay9

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! I love it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Did you have it done locally? Are you planning on wearing a WR?

Couture

Rough_Rock
No, I am not going to get a WB. I am hoping that for our 1 or 5 yr anniversary I can get an eternity band of rounds for my right hand and to wear on my left hand when I don''t want to wear my e-ring or if I am doing something where I could damage my e-ring
I like the look of the e-ring by itself on my finger.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word, I love it!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
the ring is lovely, and oh my, the side shot.....diamonds everywhere!!!!! congratulations!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s so beautiful...

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Beautiful ring, I love the profile!!!! AMAZING

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH WOW!!!! It''s just stunning!!! Congrats!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I Love it!

The side view is stunning, beautiful ring.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s another one of my faves!!!! I love the setting, and the stone!!! Loves it!!!!
30.gif

Couture

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the kind comments. Here are a couple more...

DSC03147.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. Congratulations!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is such a beautiful ring! I''m glad to hear that you are not planning to put a wedding band with it. It was meant to shine all by itself!!!

Couture

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much!! I need to take some pictures of it outside and then I will post them, because these don''t really do it justice.
I had it made by a local jeweler in the small county I live in (between Bakersfield and Fresno, CA). He had not done anything quite like this before and he did not have any pave or bead set work to show me beforehand, but he guaranteed that it would look exactly like the pictures I showed him. I was considering having Leon do it because I absolutely love his work, but the Cali to NY thing really scared me. My jeweler seemed to really understand me and get me as person right off the bat, so that made me feel really comfortable with him. Of course I was VERY nervous about how it would turn out, but I love it and it is exactly what I wanted.
There are a couple of dings and scratches that I noticed right away because I am so anal about things like this, but when I really thought about it I realized that I like them. They just add to the vintage look and the fact that this ring was made for me by a person.
He did it all on CAD, sent me the images and then we worked together to tweak different aspects of it until we both thought it was just right for the center stone and for my finger.
I wanted him to replicate the split prongs as well. They are not claw-like, and they are truly not split, they just have kind of a line in the middle of them to give them the illusion of being two. But I am very happy with them as well. They are so tiny, and the little line makes them even more invisble.
The four prongs and the fact that the basket is in the shape of a cushion sometimes make the center stone look more cushion-ish, which I love as well. I debated on getting a cushion over the RB because I love cushions, so its nice that I still got a little bit of one.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ring. Many congratulations.

I also love the look of a ring like alone, with an eternity band on the right hand. That is how I wear my ring and I really like it!

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Hi KAt-

That is beautiful. Do you know what size the stones are in your band and on the basket? It looks just right, and I am having a hard time deciding what size I will want to do.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results