shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally, my 1895 Cartier Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Blondie23,
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Wowzers!
What a ring. Congratulations, I hope you wear it in the best of health.

I am sorry Cartier were such poo''s. It is a credit to your teamwork that you and your FI worked on this issue, it bodes very well for your future as a couple. Teamwork is everything. It is even better that in this instance all your hard work paid off.

Cartier did the wrong thing refusing to refund your deposit. I am pleased they finally accepted that and sorted it out. I am delighted that they decided to go further to offer you the price match and credit. Have fun choosing that band.
31.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
wow ... what a deal! sorry that you had to go through such turmoil to get it but now you have a real stunner. you have a CARTIER - woohoo! it''s beautiful. would love to see more pics esp profile

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy that it all worked out for you, your ring is beautiful!

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so very much!

to ease some of the confusion about the deposit and what our research led us to find out,

Cartier was about to have a price increase on all of their jewelry in March so my FI and I decided to buy in January. My FI put the ring money in a bank CD so that he wasn''t tempted to spend it but it didn''t mature until the end of January, so we explained this to Cartier and they said, "No problem, we require a $5K deposit to hold any piece for a total of 30 days"...so we put the money down and we were given a receipt that had both the deposit money and price of the ring ($17,159 to be exact). No where on the receipt does it say that if we decide NOT to buy the ring that we DON''T get our money back. No one at the store told us this either....so, Cartier catches their mistake. We say, "Well we were quoted X price so we should be given that price or else we want our deposit back and we will go elsewhere" to which the man replies "i''m sorry, your deposit was non refundable"....that is when my FI freaked out. Nowhere did we sign ANYTHING that said this. So, after finally getting in touch with the people at Paris, the manager of the European Section agreed with us and apologized for about 20 min saying that "Cartier is first in it''s class and we''re so sorry that this happened to you. Keeping your deposit is NOT our policy. We only keep deposits if a contract has been signed or a custom piece is commissioned". Basically I think that the man who originally quoted me this price was pissed because he just cost cartier $7K. Anyway, I hope that made sense.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OH MY ............................. IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY!!!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
that is a rather large error.... surprised they made that error but so glad it worked out for you! What a fabulous ring!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Could you give us some more pic, possible a side profile of that baby? Would love to see more!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
wow, gorgeous and it''s nice to hear that Cartier honored their original quote!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What a frustrating situation! Ah well, it''s over now and you have that fantastic ring to show for all of your trouble! Kind of like giving birth! Your ring is just sensational! True simplicity.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous piece! I''m glad Cartier did the right thing [IMO].

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
Ok, here are some pics I took this evening of the profile view. Clearly i cannot operate a camera but I did my best. these will have to do for now and thanks for the compliments!

n18803030_32464218_8520.jpg

blondie23

Shiny_Rock

n18803030_32464219_8865.jpg

blondie23

Shiny_Rock

n18803030_32464222_9818.jpg

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
sorry these are so blurry, the lighting in my apartment is terrible!

n18803030_32464223_231.jpg

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love, love your ring!!! It''s such a classic, timeless look. What a fantastic deal for you!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I'm wondering, though, how Cartier can justify raising the cost of its merchandise by 40% from one month to the next?? Or am I misunderstanding? Was 17K the CORRECT price in January, and it was going up to 24K in March, or was the 17K price quoted incorrectly in the first place?

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
You are misundersanding. The price was misquoted originally in January. The ring should have been $24K in January but I was quoted 17K...who knows how much it is now

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring, Blondie! I love cartier settings because they are so graceful. Thanks for posting your story. You were right to go after them. Cartier had no right to keep your deposit even if they did quote you the wrong amount.

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS! I''m glad it all worked out. Your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Blondie- I do remember your story! Your ring is stunning (more pictures please!)
26.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember, too...and what a fabulous DEAL!!!!
36.gif

Your ring is just gorgeous!
30.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous. I love the profile -- it looks so fluid.

It''s good that Cartier decided to honor their quote!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! It looks HUGE on you and the setting is a really pretty solitaire setting! Congratulations!

I remember the situation and I''m glad they did the right thing! Not to mention that $1000 towards your wedding band purchase! That''s definitely a first class way to resolve a situation in my book!
9.gif

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
That ring is a knockout!! I am so impressed you got them to honor the price and I am even MORE impressed they gave you a 1K credit!! Nice work!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful and classic ring! And a great deal too! Congratulations on both your ring and obviously excellent negotiation skills!

Kats

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! It''s my favourite Cartier ring, so classic and timeless.

susi

Shiny_Rock
I ( and apparently a lot of others here
2.gif
) love this Cartier style. I feel with the specs you got the best of all worlds!

Beautiful size, color and clarity, & a fantastic price on a stunning ring.

Congratulations!!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
MORE PHOTOS!
6.gif

Lovely, sorry you had an ordeal with the vendor though (eh, always makes for a good story)....
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results